Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2018 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tags: GOTY 2018

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2018 GOTY poll is now open: https://goo.gl/forms/iRugybmNxjKHFtJp1

2018 was a very different year, as we had more RPGs than ever before, but few "must-play" big releases. Instead, every sub-genre got its own niche title:

ATOM for Fallout fans,
Pathfinder & PoE2 for Infinity Engine fans,
Monster Hunter for Action-RPG fans,
Dragon Quest XI for JRPG fans,
The Bard's Tale trilogy remake for nostalgic people,
Battletech and Mutant Year Zero for Tacticool bros,
Kingdom Come for walking simulator fans,
and so on...

As such, this time we have almost 100 games in our GOTY poll, divided into three categories: GOTY, Best DLC/Expansion and Best Port/Remake. The poll is long, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

Hopefully we can narrow that list down to the the truly special games released this year. Or maybe we will find out that everyone enjoyed a different game. Who knows?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
I haven't played a single one of the games listed in the OP :shittydog:

You could have included Underworld Ascendant "for Looking Glass fans."

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Kenshi ez

PS lots of garbage in that list that doesn't even deserve to be there (OR isn't even an RPG) but hey its felipepe so it doesn't surprise me at all

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Kenshi and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are easily the top two CRPGs of 2018.

Unless we count Grimoire v2 as a new game.

kA3m1cp.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I have played 2 expansion, 0 remakes, 2 goty candidates.

2018 such a shit year for rpgs.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What's wrong with it? It forces everyone to make a meaningful non-neutral decision.

Because that scale goes "terrible-bad-good-great", and there are multiple entries there that I could vote neither bad nor good in good conscience. This would include e.g. Battletech (which I've played for a while and for a while it was alright but then I got bored and never played it again) or Bastard (which was disappointing in comparison to the base Eisenwald, but at the same time not bad enough to be called straight up "bad"). Those are only two examples, but I'd probably have similar trubble with a bunch of other entries too.

Urthor

Liturgist
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kingdom Come Deliveroo and Ghost of a Tale easily the best, so many games missed out on this list it's sad and depressing

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Why am I able to access the link again? Also since it's the Codex GOTY why is it open for everyone

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

What's wrong with it?
It allows people to downvote games they didn't play. Polls are popularity contests and the genre has limitations, but Felipepepe thinks he can do a poll while pretending is something else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom