Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Arcanum Unofficial Patch 1.5 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; Troika Games

After taking a 10 year hiatus Codexer Drog Black Tooth released a new version of his Unofficial Arcanum Patch. Apparently interest in improving this Troika classic further has been big enough for a successful fundraiser campaign, something I wasn't even aware of.

The $500 stretch goal has been reached. The long awaited new version of the Unofficial Arcanum Patch will be released on October 1.
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the support. You guys are amazing! Keep this going and we will do some truly amazing things with this game! The highlights of this release include:

- Everything is now in one pack, no need to follow any installation guide anymore.
- A huge amount of extra animations has been restored from an earlier build of the game, there are now downwards attack animations for all weapon/armor/shield combinations, as well as for most enemies. There are also animations for walking with your weapons out.
- Much longer and higher quality ambient tracks have been restored from an earlier build of the game.
- All official DLC (7 modules in total including the rare Lost Dungeon of Souls) are now included in the patch. High quality townmaps have been compiled for all of them, including the stock Vormantown.
- There's now a selection of beta content restoration modules as well as miscellaneous popular mods such as "Virgil's Debug Menu", all optionally selectable in the installer.
- You can now disable your party members auto-level scheme and distribute their points manually. This includes summoned and mind controlled creatures.
- All party members can now craft, simply right-click on their portrait and choose "Schematics".
- The high resolution patch has now been updated with 32 bit color depth support ensuring better compatibility with Windows 10.
- Music is now available in all modules, not just the base game.
- Added a '-cheatmode' command line switch that re-enables the official cheats.
- Some fixes for certain popular exploits have been rolled back.
- As usual, there are many new bug fixes and content restorations.​

Changelog, download links et cetera to be found on Terra Arcanum.

Thanks Goral for the heads-up.

ps: I'm posting this to farm brofists.

a100167

Literate
Well that came out of nowhere. Gonna give a go right now and see how it works

Skdursh

Savant
Welp, I guess this is a good enough excuse to play this again. Between this and the Multiverse edition, it looks like Arcanum still has life in it yet. Still praying for a competent sequel or remake sometime in the future though.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Now accepting donations to fund further updates, such as Unofficial Arcanum Patch 2.0.

Currently planned features include 3 extra playable races: full blooded orcs, full blooded ogres and dark elves, as well as more engine improvements and new features.

:shredder:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Currently planned features include 3 extra playable races: full blooded orcs, full blooded ogres and dark elves

That's as non-canon as you can get.

I hope that for the orcs you can at least participate in the breeding program.

Outmind

Augur
Do these updates overhaul the combat in any way? As cool as the story, crafting, and diverse magics were, I always give up on the game mid-way through because of the tedious combat.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Welp, I guess this is a good enough excuse to play this again. Between this and the Multiverse edition, it looks like Arcanum still has life in it yet. Still praying for a competent sequel or remake sometime in the future though.

Microsoft will fix it release it as Arcanum HD....

Cael

Arcane
Tags: Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; Troika Games

After taking a 10 year hiatus Codexer Drog Black Tooth released a new version of his Unofficial Arcanum Patch. Apparently interest in improving this Troika classic further has been big enough for a successful fundraiser campaign, something I wasn't even aware of.

The $500 stretch goal has been reached. The long awaited new version of the Unofficial Arcanum Patch will be released on October 1.
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the support. You guys are amazing! Keep this going and we will do some truly amazing things with this game! The highlights of this release include:

- Everything is now in one pack, no need to follow any installation guide anymore.
- A huge amount of extra animations has been restored from an earlier build of the game, there are now downwards attack animations for all weapon/armor/shield combinations, as well as for most enemies. There are also animations for walking with your weapons out.
- Much longer and higher quality ambient tracks have been restored from an earlier build of the game.
- All official DLC (7 modules in total including the rare Lost Dungeon of Souls) are now included in the patch. High quality townmaps have been compiled for all of them, including the stock Vormantown.
- There's now a selection of beta content restoration modules as well as miscellaneous popular mods such as "Virgil's Debug Menu", all optionally selectable in the installer.
- You can now disable your party members auto-level scheme and distribute their points manually. This includes summoned and mind controlled creatures.
- All party members can now craft, simply right-click on their portrait and choose "Schematics".
- The high resolution patch has now been updated with 32 bit color depth support ensuring better compatibility with Windows 10.
- Music is now available in all modules, not just the base game.
- Added a '-cheatmode' command line switch that re-enables the official cheats.
- Some fixes for certain popular exploits have been rolled back.
- As usual, there are many new bug fixes and content restorations.​

Changelog, download links et cetera to be found on Terra Arcanum.

Thanks Goral for the heads-up.

ps: I'm posting this to farm brofists.
I hate you soooooo much! There goes my long weekend, you bastard!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
In case you haven't read the original thread, Drog Black Tooth is still taking donations in to fund UAP 2.0 so if you have some money laying around to burn I encourage you to use it wisely and give it to Drog. Before I've posted this news fundraiser status was 510$, less than 24h later it's 595$. Don't waste this opportunity guys and
dollars.png

P.S.
I'm not Drog, Maxie is.

P.P.S.
Drog has just released a fix for GOG version of Arcanum:
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aOmenl3iP7loOOLhlJygdK44K6zly_CQ

Sup Drog.

Umm, why no standing sprites with weapon out? This would make melee type characters less retarded.

Also, turn based combat badly needs to initiate as soon as enemy aggros, as in Fallout 1/2, and not when you click on start combat button, or the enemy is already on you.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
PorkyThePaladin
Drog Black Tooth said:
yeah the aggro thing's been bothering me too, dunno how to find that trigger though
yeah I was thinking if I could figure that trigger out then I could add some other stuff
like e.g. as long as you're in combat mode/aggro'd then friendly fire won't make your followers go crazy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom