Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Update #43: Combat Beta on April 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game; Iron Tower Studio; Vince D. Weller

Hurrah! After almost three months in closed beta, the Colony Ship combat demo will be released to the public this week on April 15th. As usual, the development update announcing this includes several new screenshots. Thanks to feedback from the closed beta testers, the game's user interface has continued to improve. There have also been numerous mechanics tweaks, most notably the merging of the standard firearm and energy weapon skills. See for yourself:

We're about to hit yet another major milestone - the first public release (even if it's only a combat demo). The first complaints and rage-quits, the first claims that the demo is unfair, impossible, very bad, and no good.

If you're reading it, you're probably know that the beta's been extensively tested for 3 months and changed quite a lot as a result. We can't thank the beta testers enough for helping us evolve and polish the systems and playing a relatively short demo for such a long time. We couldn't have done it without you.
The Pit looks much nicer now that it's populated, and the reorientation of the inventory screen is an obvious improvement as well. Check out the image captions in the full update for additional details about how the game has changed.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
What's with this complaining about the UI? I don't fucking get it. Seems neat and functional, if a little blue. Doesn't assault my senses in any way.

Visually, portraits are the only thing that stands out a bit, the rest looks pretty neat, readability in combat seems good as well. This is shaping up nicely, kudos my dudes.

BlaineMono

Liturgist
This game is such an upgrade from AoD, visually speaking, kudos to Vince

looks positively amazing, almost as good as Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
retarded green text lists over green background UI
who came up with this stupid trend?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom