Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Necromunda: Underhive Wars resurfaces, coming this summer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Focus Home Interactive; Necromunda: Underhive Wars; Rogue Factor

Almost three and a half years have passed since the announcement of Necromunda: Underhive Wars, the Warhammer 40,000 successor to 2015's Mordheim: City of the Damned from developer Rogue Factor. Other than the fairly pointless cinematic teaser trailer released in early 2018 there was basically no news about the game during that entire time, until it suddenly resurfaced last week with a Steam page and a release window. According to a community update published on the official forum, Necromunda went through a round of closed playtesting in early 2019, and it sounds like the reception wasn't so great, so they decided to spend another year improving it. I'm certainly curious to know how the game looks like after emerging from this development hell, but for now all we have is yet another cinematic trailer, with accompanying announcement:

The very first video game set in the grim darkness of Games Workshop's most famous Hive World

Necromunda: Underhive Wars, a Tactical RPG and first video game adaptation of the legendary tabletop game Necromunda, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer.

Today, we invite you to discover a truly unique perspective on the Warhammer 40,000 universe’s most famous Hive World with an explosive new story trailer!

Get a glimpse of the dangers that will await in the Underhive, as you’ll delve deep underneath this nightmarish, polluted Hive City with the infamous Clan members of House Orlock, Escher and Goliath, in search for the most valuable of long-lost treasures. As the three will clash in savage, third-person tactical battles, who will come out on top?

A compelling Tactical RPG set on the most famous and dangerous of all Hive Worlds

Necromunda: Underhive Wars brings you closer to the action than any tactical game before, giving you an over-the-shoulder view of every lethal takedown, brutal melee engagement and explosive firefight. Dive deep in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive in this tactical RPG’s compelling story campaign and Salvage Operations, where rival gangs will fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their Houses. Lead, grow and customize your gangs in action-packed, persistent game modes, where you’ll bring your forces to fight against the AI, or with up to three other players online. The choices, and consequences, are yours - only the strongest will survive.

More information on Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be coming very soon.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars launches this Summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Players can pre-order the game now on Steam.

When Necromunda's Steam page appeared, it initially showed a release date of August 27th. I guess we'll know soon enough if that's accurate.

polo

Magister
Thought it was some online multiplayer action game while watching that trailer.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always feel bad for the developers when a marketing department throws out stuff like that with no connection whatsoever to what the devs are actually doing.

Dr Schultz

Augur
Necromunda is a very cool tactical game. Even better then its forefather Warhammer 40k in my opinion.

Let's see how they will implement its ruleset

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Necromunda is a very cool tactical game. Even better then its forefather Warhammer 40k in my opinion.

What makes you think anyone has any intention of implementing the tabletop ruleset?

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Awfull trailer but I am still all hype for this game. If they give me a palette swapped Mordheim with the ability to speed up animations it would still be worth my money and then some.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cautiously optimistic. I really loved Mordheim. At least when I didn't hate it for ruining weeks of work with a unlucky dice roll...
I hope it will be of similar quality and maybe have a bit more respect for the players time. Maybe have the option to choose between a save system and a hardcore system.

Darkforge

Augur
Mordhiem is one of my guilty pleasure games so I am kinda hyped for this tbh

Dr Schultz

Augur

Same could be said about Mordheim's quality compared to Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

I'm not that knowledgeable of Warhammer Fantasy Battle to be positive about that, but I suppose this is true as well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So can we play metal while killing these hive fuckers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom