Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info More Details on Cyberpunk 2077 Super Patch

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

There's a huge list of fixes and changes coming in the 1.2 Patch for Cyberpunk 2077. So, if you've got the time to spare, you can make yourself comfortable and read the pages and pages of things contained with in this monumental patch. Here's maybe 3% of the list of things that you can expect from this beast:

• The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.
  • New Steering Sensitivity slider added to Controls settings. Allows reducing steering speed for all vehicles, on all input devices.
  • Particularly useful for keyboard users.
  • Adjusted the vehicle steering code to work better in low and extreme high frame rate situations to produce more consistent results. Improves steering on base consoles noticeably.
  • Unstuck Rocking/Rotating feature added to all vehicles. Use Left Stick or A/D W/S or LShift/LCtrl to engage rocking and rotating to stuck/beached vehicles to try and free them.
  • Minor driving model tune revisions to some vehicles to improve steering, cure excessive body roll and oversteer.
  • Fixed an issue where aiming while under the effect of the "Berserk" cyberware moved the crosshair with no input from the player.
  • Adjusted fire rate of the helicopter turret in Love Like Fire.
  • Police vehicles will no longer immediately despawn after getting into Kerry's car during Rebel! Rebel!
Well, it's great that CD Projekt Red is hammering out the dents and dings in it. We'll see how the game is after this.

Thanks, Jenkem!

AndrewCC

Educated
Big list of changes.
Still not added customization for the player character or vehicles, glaring omission.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The thing that really bothers me about all the fixes going into CP is that they betray the fact there was no unifying vision of how the game should play.

Clearly no game director was thinking that cars should drive this way or whatever, driveable cars was just something an uncaring team hammered with no concern as to whether it was enjoyable or not.

Skdursh

Savant
I really don't give a shit until they add an ambient volume slider for this game. Absolute bollocks that I can't listen to the radio in the car but NOT have to listen to that godawful combat music without needing to constantly adjust the music volume before and after every time I get into a fight. I refunded it due to that alone.

m_s0

Arcane
This patch list resembles a Dwarf Fortress patch list size-wise, except it's not entertaining at all.

They can fix all the minutiae they like, but to get this thing to a point where it's actually a good game you need a full (re-)design and actual vision on top of all the bug fixing. Right now the game feels like they ripped off a bunch of ideas and features from the Big Boys and kinda cobbled them together without even considering that in order for a game to be fun all that stuff has to be cohesive. Lack of vision and "followers, not leaders, but with solid 'cool' PR" is not a new approach for CDP, but here they screwed the pooch royally.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't really have any hope for CP2077 turning into something good. Even beyond the many, severe technical faults this game has, there are too many flaws on the design level too. Game lacks a compelling reason to want to play it in the first place. The closest it has to a compelling reason is being a GTA knockoff, but if I want to play GTA, I'd much rather play GTA.

Gastrick

Cipher
Didn't know not having the police teleport behind you was considered by them to be a super patch. I wonder how they will re-balance the police to compensate for stolen ninja powers.

Drowed

Arcane
I expected a Witcher3-with-guns and we got a Fallout76-with-plot. This is really amazing in the worst sense. I think this is one of the few times that I have actually gotten a prediction this wrong, it shows you that we really should never, ever, ever get comfortable enough with our opinion about something to the point of forgetting that it is always possible to fuck things up far beyond your worst expectations.

At this point I am just waiting to see how long it will take for CDPR to drop out. It would be great to imagine a scenario where they actually invest heavily in this game for another 2 or 3 years, adding all the things they promised that don't exist, and fixing all the bugs and most broken mechanics. But honestly, how many times has something like this ever happened? I am just following the countdown to the apocalypse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom