Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Age of Decadence interview at RPG Vault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Age of Decadence; Vault Dweller

<a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/>RPGVault</a> have an <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/714/714762p1.html>interview</a> about some ridiculous looking new game called Age of Decadence. They talked to <b>Vince D. Weller</b>--sounds like a pedophile to me--about his crackpot ideas and this vapourware nonsense game of his.<blockquote>Jonric: What range of play will it offer, and for what kind of gamer will it have the greatest appeal? Can you comment on the duration and replayability?
<br>
<br>
Vince D. Weller: You can play The Age of Decadence in many different ways - fight your way through the game; walk in shadows, looking for less traveled roads like rooftops, walls, and locked doors; use the power of persuasion and personal magnetism; let your faction open doors for you - "Why didn't you tell me you were with the Corleone family?"; or play as a con artist, impersonating other people and preying upon the gullible.
<br>
<br>
What kind of gamer will it appeal to? Most likely to those who feel that role-playing games could use some role-playing these days, and that there are other things one should be able to do in an RPG other than killing things that exist for no other reasons but to be killed.</blockquote>Here we go again. Another BioWare fanboy who thinks he's a designer. This is just another sign on the road to the death of RPGs.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Took me about 5 minutes but I realized that this is Vault Dwellers game. He should of made a sci fi game or something instead of another elfatron.

Micmu

Magister
Vince D. Weller. lol
Looks like Vince is afraid to give his real name in interviews. You never can be too careful - the game might not be as good as Diablo and he'd be harassed by a horde of angry fans. :twisted:

Anyway, the game sounds very promising... just don't forget to keep your promises,..Serge.

Seven

Erudite
Through his informative answers to the various questions we put to him, Vince D. Weller has certainly helped us to increase our knowledge of The Age of Decadence. As you can readily surmise however, we still have a good number of features and elements to cover in order to complete our introductory overview of Iron Tower Studios' post-apocalyptic RPG. Accordingly, we thank him for this initial segment and also look forward to the concluding portion in the near future.

Who's "Vince.D.Weller?"

roguefrog

Liturgist
A man of many names:

Vault Dweller = Serge, Iron Tower, and now Vince D. Weller.

I hope Underhill is next!

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Not sure I saw anything new in there, but I hope it will help to attract some more interest in the game.

Surlent

Liturgist
Vince D.Weller, got to admit that's clever reference.
vd said:
Vince D. Weller: As for the combat mode, I think that real-time combat is great for cinematic battle sequences, where the show aspect is more important than anything else. God of War was a great game, and real-time combat worked very well there. Now, turn-based combat is anything but cinematic, but it offers depth, tactics, careful planning, and even suspense.
I disagree here, turn based can have showy animations. It's just the pacing of the combat that makes it look less continuous. Units in games like HoMM5 and Final Fantasy: tactics have very fancy animations in their turns. And tricks like ToEE use to make similar enemies attack all at once make the combat go smoothly while still retaining the other aspects of turn based combat like tactics and planning.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Lumpy said:
Will the Codex ever interview this Weller guy?
VD usually handles all the interviews around here. You'll have to ask him if he can get in touch with this "Vince" guy, whoever he is.

bryce777

Erudite
Surlent said:
Vince D.Weller, got to admit that's clever reference.
vd said:
Vince D. Weller: As for the combat mode, I think that real-time combat is great for cinematic battle sequences, where the show aspect is more important than anything else. God of War was a great game, and real-time combat worked very well there. Now, turn-based combat is anything but cinematic, but it offers depth, tactics, careful planning, and even suspense.
I disagree here, turn based can have showy animations. It's just the pacing of the combat that makes it look less continuous. Units in games like HoMM5 and Final Fantasy: tactics have very fancy animations in their turns. And tricks like ToEE use to make similar enemies attack all at once make the combat go smoothly while still retaining the other aspects of turn based combat like tactics and planning.

Actually toee was more awesome than any game I can remember, combat animationswise.

Lumpy

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Lumpy said:
Will the Codex ever interview this Weller guy?
VD usually handles all the interviews around here. You'll have to ask him if he can get in touch with this "Vince" guy, whoever he is.
That would be preety interesting too see. Altough Vault Dweller interviewing Vince D. Weller would be a bit too obvious.

When is this game going to be available? How much will it cost? How big will the download be? And will it make my toenails grow back?

Kraszu

Prophet
Blablabla VD just Spam interview talking about gameplay to hide facts that he doesn't have Havoc and Bloom.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
micmu said:
Looks like Vince is afraid to give his real name in interviews.
Just trying to avoid idiotic questions from people I work with.

Ghan said:
Not sure I saw anything new in there, but I hope it will help to attract some more interest in the game.
They've asked for an introductory interview. Besides, that's only part 1.

Surlent said:
I disagree here, turn based can have showy animations.
Showy and cinematic are two different things. See God of War for reference.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Vince D. Weller said:
High Intelligence helps you learn more, which means that you get bonus skill points from quests and can increase your skills faster.

This is new isn't it? Or did I miss it the first time?

Interesting mechanic, but won't this discourage playing stupid characters for more than just having low intellect? I think it can be argued that high intelligence can actually be a disadvantage to learning highly physical, reaction type skills where thinking too much slows you down. So, maybe this is a bit too simple a rule, but I guess we ought to hold that thought for AoD 2 eh?

Nice to see another interview anyway and I love the pseudonym BTW - priceless. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom