Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Rome Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Expeditions: Rome; Logic Artists; THQ Nordic

Expeditions: Rome was released today. Despite the usual grumbling about the usual topics, it is by most accounts a pretty decent game. Unfortunately, this news has been somewhat overshadowed by our belated discovery that developer Logic Artists would be "winding down" following the game's release, with most of the staff joining a new NFT-based gaming venture under former CEO Ali Emek. Thus ends the story of the talented Danish studio whose activities we've followed since the dawn of the crowdfunding era almost a decade ago. Rome will be their swan song. Here is its release trailer and the accompanying press release:

Vindobona, Noricum / Hafnia, Daniae, Januarii XX, MMXXII: The hero or heroine of Expeditions: Rome is not off to a good start: father murdered, sister married to an enemy and on their way to Asia Minor, to serve in the legion, far away from Rome. Meanwhile, on board your ship, there is another vessel getting closer - of course, pirates!

In Expeditions: Rome you will play a young male or female roman soldier, making your way through history. Take command of a small group of praetorians and eventually become the Legatus a Roman legion. You'll gather a group of loyal companions, engage in tactical turn-based combat, learn new skills, loot and craft new equipment for your soldiers, and shape the fate of Rome. Expeditions: Rome offers over 50 hours of cRPG-gameplay and multiple ways to end the story.

Try before you buy? Download the Expeditions: Rome demo now on Steam, you can even continue playing from your savegame if you get the full game: https://thqn.net/rome-steam

Expeditions: Rome is available on Steam and GOG for $45. While Logic Artists will soon be gone, the Expeditions IP now belongs to THQ Nordic and creative director Jonas Waever has notably not joined his colleagues in the blockchain mines. So if the game does well enough, I suppose the series might just still have a future. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

RunningWolf

Learned
I have zero interest in this game because i cant wash away the shit taste from my mouth every time i launch European "historic" games with based black man and female warrior larp, but great Cleopatra booba i guess. May developers rest in NFT piss.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm at the tutorial area and already annoyed. Had to do a quest for young Caesar and now I'm raiding a warehouse that stores "Greek fire". This is beyond Hollywood retardation of throw everything an 65 IQ zoomer may have heard. It's like a medieval party raiding a warehouse full with AKs. :x

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm at the tutorial area and already annoyed. Had to do a quest for young Caesar and now I'm raiding a warehouse that stores "Greek fire". This is beyond Hollywood retardation of throw everything an 65 IQ zoomer may have heard. It's like a medieval party raiding a warehouse full with AKs. :x
I’m no expert, but wasn’t Caesar born around 100 BC, and analogues of Greek fire present from like 400 BC? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_thermal_weapons

I guess if you take it literally, Greek fire is from like ca. 600 ad, so yeah I can see how you would be upset at them using that descriptor.

Sentinel

Arcane
Why does this game prevent you from naming a female character because of historical accuracy but then chooses to put historical innacurate shit everywhere else?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wtf they're off to be a NFT company????

That's absolutely hilarious. Good on them though, game devs gotta pay the mortgage.

Uponyourmom

Barely Literate
I have been playing it all day, almost done with the Asia minor campaign, and currently there are only two major problems i have come across, other then historical inaccuracies that are fine if you don't act like a retard about them and just have fun. Problem one, the army management kinda falls under the same problems Pathfinder WOTR had where you could just build massive armies by waiting a little and skipping days, its not as bad here and you for sure need to pay attention, but i have only got in a desperate situation once so far. Problem two is that the fights have a similar problem to Expeditions:Vikings when it comes to balance. Some fights are really easy especially if you do the a certain way, for example during the Greek fire mission you can skip all fighting by just have Syneros run to the 2nd ship after having Bestia burn the first one. On the other hand some fights are way to hard, like a certain mission about half way through Asia minor where you have to attack a scout camp, the camp is really cramped and it makes archers basically useless, unless you charge in and kill the tanks quickly then position the archers in the back, on top of this there is like 4-5 guys who sit at the back of the camp waiting for you, you can solve this by retreating to the other side of the camp and fully heal up you party, this is a lot easier if you have two medics. Overall the game is really good so far, the story is engaging but slightly predictable, the combat is really hard but not bullshit, army management is fun but simple, and the characters are interesting but defiantly needed a few more lines and random things you could talk to them about.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Everything you need to know about this piece of shit in five screenshots.

zwYDKZl.png

XKxfe5D.png

5E2B578D89A2869893B649AAD40B5F8C41CB88CD

F5DBE7C27BDE5813812BCD6E0131363D5AAD743C

4FF86BE0BB7F0A0D79120FB41CE16FA056C9C377

:hero:

edit: spoilered by infinitron in under a minute due to shame.

A smaller shot to give you an idea without clogging the thread:

1oR0zDn.png

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
fucking what?
Shieeet I just bought Vikings on sale to give it a try. Is it also this gay?
Conquistadors are better. Or you can refresh recruitment until you get someone with believable skin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom