Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Complex Games; Frontier Developments; Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, the Gray Knights tactical RPG from Canadian studio Complex Games and publishing label Frontier Foundry, was released today. Daemonhunters has continued to be heavily promoted with feature showcases, developer diaries, previews and livestreams over the past few months. Despite or maybe because of this, the game has been the subject of much skepticism on our forums. The mainstream press sure seems to love it, though. But before we get into that, here's the launch trailer:

As stated, reviews of Daemonhunters have been very positive, praising the game for its breadth of its mechanics and presentation, with only a slight touch of repetition and jank. Here's the usual round-up:

I dare say that between this game and King Arthur: Knight's Tale, we might be in the midst of an unexpected golden month for tactical RPGs. If you'd like to find out for yourself, Daemonhunters is available on Steam now for $45.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
kfs5s81s9z251.jpg

SmartCheetah

Arcane
oh we will be missed, after their miniatures and comics keep going down on sales year after year.

They had a spike in sales last few years, but from that point onward they went totally bonkers with fucking up youtube creators, rising prices and making more and more unplayable rules (and weird business decisions)
+ home resin 3d printing is taking miniature world by storm with simplier and fancier technology each year. Sooner or later GW will have to change something if they want to stay a float.

Skdursh

Savant
Denuvo and the "Castellan Champion Upgrade Pack" costs $15 for a soundtrack I'd never listen to and a single character. Not going on my list until it drops Denuvo at the very least. Until then I'd rather do nightly prayers for CODEX to come out of retirement or maybe there'll be an EMPRESS / [FitGirl] edition.

GreyViper

Prophet
The game does look decent tough, I recall way back when playing Xcom EW I wished we would have WH40K game with Tau using a similar squad system with pathfinders, fire warriors and battlesuits. But as games go, this is not a bad addition either.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Clearly GW should listen to the Codex for sound business advice. They're circling the drain!

It typically takes a while for the wokeness to drive people off. Players will notice the price increase, and some of them might have read the release about diversity and maybe some of them got to the end of it. It's typically not until they get overbearing that the general consumer base starts to notice. And they always push it to that point. Look at how they've tank comic books with Marvel and DC in a race to have the most gay characters, and their sales are in the shitter.

Telling your paying and loyal customers to fuck off will certainly turn out well for them.

oh we will be missed, after their miniatures and comics keep going down on sales year after year.

They had a spike in sales last few years, but from that point onward they went totally bonkers with fucking up youtube creators, rising prices and making more and more unplayable rules (and weird business decisions)
+ home resin 3d printing is taking miniature world by storm with simplier and fancier technology each year. Sooner or later GW will have to change something if they want to stay a float.

It typically takes a while for the wokeness to drive people off. Players will notice the price increase, and some of them might have read the release about diversity and maybe some of them got to the end of it. It's typically not until they get overbearing that the general consumer base starts to notice. And they always push it to that point. Look at how they've tank comic books with Marvel and DC in a race to have the most gay characters, and their sales are in the shitter.
Codex anons! Good strong friend anons! Sales is irrelevance anons because globalist shekel demon will reward American California brain disease nonsense anons with infinity Blackrock funding anons! It is true anons! It is! Sales is irrelevance anons! It is true anons! It is!
bywyz9k.jpg

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Telling your paying and loyal customers to fuck off will certainly turn out well for them.
Wasn't that the statement they wrote at the time some players came with literal neo-nazi symbols at a tournament?
If so, they could hardly have ignored it.
Given that 80% of the miniatures they make are Space Marines (poor Eldars need to wait 20 years between models), I really doubt they have any intention of going more diverse in their miniature range.

dacencora

Wasn't that the statement they wrote at the time some players came with literal neo-nazi symbols at a tournament?
Given that 80% of the miniatures they make are Space Marines (poor Eldars need to wait 20 years between models), I really doubt they have any intention of going more diverse in their miniature range.

What is this? Nuance? On my Codex?

_V_

Scholar
"Warhammer is for Everyone. One of the great powers of our hobby is its ability to bring people together in a common pass time, to build bonds and friendships that cross divides. We believe in and support a community united in shared respect.
Our fantasy settings are grim and dark, but that is not a reflection of who we are or how we feel the real world should be.
We do not condone any form of prejudice, hatred or abuse in our company or around gaming tables.
We hope you feel the same and hope to continue developing a diverse cast of characters through miniatures, art and storytelling that everyone can have fun with."

There. No santimonious assholery. No "fuck you" to their fans. And the company (that makes money off of space nazis) still shows its stance towards neo-nazi symbols.

Fucking twitter generation...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I honestly love how this game captures the figure look.
Down to the absurdest of details - which is quite an achievement considering the entire absurdity that is 40k.

But maybe a bit steep in pricing IMO (or not? Unsure about longevity), but I'll be sure to grab this on a sale.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I honestly love how this game captures the figure look.
Down to the absurdest of details - which is quite an achievement considering the entire absurdity that is 40k.

But maybe a bit steep in pricing IMO (or not? Unsure about longevity), but I'll be sure to grab this on a sale.
Game seems to be pretty long. I've played it for 10 hours and I still haven't unlocked any of the 4 advanced classes yet and I'm also still on the 1st tier of the research tree and there's like 5 or 6 tiers. Honestly if the research is any indication of overall progress I'm afraid that it might end up being too long.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Did they SJW this game? I have been looking forward to it, but I am now waiting until more people review this.

Skdursh

Savant

Was it at a Ukrainian tournament? If so they just could have waited a bit longer until the war broke out and then they could have instead put out a statement calling them defenders of Democracy while selling heaps on a limited edition "Azov Battlalion Space Marine" miniature set. Bet they could have netted at least twice the social credit score too. Virtue signaling about racism is so 2021. 2022 is all about WAAAAR!!!!! WARRR!!! YEAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAARRRR!!!!! and also probably abortions or something.

Codex Year of the Donut
he did what is called a "pro gamer move"
wore the clothing to get the person he was playing against to disqualify himself by refusing to play against him, nobody bothered to ask the venue itself what the real story was before going "OMG NAZIS IN MUH GAMING"

--
and I know people will claim that's made up because it sounds ridiculous, but that's what really happened
https://spikeybits.com/2021/11/warhammer-isnt-for-everyone-especially-these-nazis.html

Once reached that point, if any player does not play their game, the opponent automatically wins it 20-0 (this is if they are on the bases). It is something very unpleasant, but in such a difficult situation we believed that we had to follow the rules of the tournament and emphasize that the organizers were the most upset with this situation that we were forced to take.

Freakydemon

Educated
Clearly GW should listen to the Codex for sound business advice. They're circling the drain!

Freakydemon before he decides to post one of his 7 posts per year after someone insults his beloved Games Workshop.
eSsSIvH.jpg
I'm afraid GW's pricing is too rich for my blood, but I'm also not blind to obvious financial fact. I oddly enough don't project my niche politics onto corporations that care only about their bottom lines, not whatever dumb culture war you're all waging in the margins. If you think some milquetoast statement from years ago and some characters that aren't your specific aryan fantasies will tank them, you're deeply mistaken. If anything Age of Sigmar would've been the crucible, forcing the loyal fans to buy new rulebooks and armies. Guess what made em these profits?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom