Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tags: GOTY 2022

Here we are again, ready to see the best RPGs of 2022!

This year we went back to a Codex-only vote. Also to a 1-5 scale, because I forgot to ask to change it to 1-4 lol. In total, we had 364 voters, who rated 157 RPGs that came out last year.

For those of you who just want the TL;DR, here are the winners:

RPG CODEX'S 2022 GOTYs:
#1 - Elden Ring
#2 - Knights of the Chalice 2
#3 - King Arthur: Knight's Tale

For the full results and fancy graphs, just follow the link below.

Read the full article: RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My predicted top 3, but swap second and third games.

I thought that King Arthur would beat KotC2.

Falksi

Arcane
Nice to see Persona 5R up there, top game.

Really wanna try out a lot of those games in the top 10.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the list, I have the top 3 games in my library, and I tried 42 games in the list as either demos, or full release, but not completed.

To clarify, not all games that I tested were tested in 2022, some were in 2021.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Expected Expeditions Rome to be higher, other than that, not too surprising.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
i'd put trails from zero over persona 5 frankly. while both are very talky games, zero is prob the most fun i had with the franchise since sky 1 due to its super tight design and lower than usual stakes of shit. persona 5 dragged on for over 90 hours during which it had a dozen good fights maybe, also 3/4 of the social element is worthless build-wise

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Expected Expeditions Rome to be higher, other than that, not too surprising.
Felipe's algorithm is tuned to heavily penalize games that fit the description of "That tentpole AA isometric RPG that lots of Codexers played but many thought was kinda meh in the end".

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Black Geyser at #127? Something is not right with this system when literal shovelware is ranked higher than a pretty decent and popular RPG.

The biggest news of this thread though is that Maxie is back.

Modron

Arcane
From the list, I have the top 3 games in my library, and I tried 42 games in the list as either demos, or full release, but not completed.

To clarify, not all games that I tested were tested in 2022, some were in 2021.
Don't have any of the top 10 in my library, I will eventually get Butterlord and KotC 2 of course.
:grpg:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
better than at initial release but i still hope you like reloading every fight twenty times
Could you elaborate? Is it that hard?
well despite changes that admittedly reduced some of the bullshit here and there, it still boils down to winning initiative or getting wiped later on

of course you can just play with sanctioned cheat modes that give you various unfair advantages, but if you must resort to that, you have to start questioning the point

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, I'm surprised Bloody Spell and ELEX 2 got such low scores. I enjoyed them a lot. But apparently to 'dex consensus they are vastly inferior to The Impregnation of the Elves and Super Lesbian Animal RPG.

And Elden Ring is now an RPG to follow by developers.

The decline of this place is unbearable for me...

'dex lost its legitimacy for good this time.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ele.jpg

:hmmm:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
meh, given the results it’s not surprising that I didn’t have much interest in last year’s games. Pretty weak GOTY this year. Still much better than 2019 but definitely not as good as 2021

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom