Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Xbox Showcase 2023: Avowed, Clockwork Revolution, Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let's see what real people say, instead of some sickening grognards:

Campbell
2 hours ago
Cant wait to see more of Eora. Very happy the world is still being expanded.

Lewdology
2 hours ago
So happy Obsidian is expanding Eora and with a game that has a lot of dark messiah of M&M in it to boot! Looks good.

Humberto Oliveira
1 hour ago
I'm a huge Pillars of Eternity fan, with over 800 hours on Deadfire!

Thank you for continuing to expand the world of Eora!
Looking forward to Avowed, it looks amazing!

AmazingPaladin
2 hours ago
PoE and Deadfire had such amazing world building and I can't wait to see more of it.

Kapten Teo
1 hour ago (edited)
I'm so happy to get another game set in Eora – it's such an amazing fantasy world! Gameplay looks like a magical blend of Outer Worlds, Pillars of Eternity, and maybe Dark Messiah? Heck, I'm looking forward to this! ❤

Karl Katz
1 hour ago
I have been waiting for this for a long time. Incredible looking already. Obsidian routinely beats Bethesda at their own game. That magic system alone looks so good.

FAFO
1 hour ago
In hindsight, Elder Scrolls with Obsidian writing and worldbuilding seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?

Also, amazing flex in that 20th anniversary intro.

Falcons8455
50 minutes ago
im blown away by how amazing this gameplay looks. And im in love with the pillars universe, so this is gonna be the most excited Ive ever been for a video game

Anelikital
1 hour ago
Finally getting more Eora and the game looks really good, just make sure you take all the time you need Obsidian, we can wait for it!

Nergalsama01
1 hour ago
Aaaand we're back in Eora. :) Good to see we'll be exploring a new area of the world with the Living Lands.

kurnaz tilki
1 hour ago
Looks interesting, I look forward to seeing it evolve. Seems like outer worlds but hopefully there are more updates that will occur later on.

Giacomo
8 minutes ago
Thank you for making this, it looks freaking amazing and can't wait to play it.

kira ⓥ
2 hours ago
As a huge fan of Fallout New Vegas, I can't wait to get immersed in this new world

Darkfoxa
2 hours ago
Holy crap I am so hyped!!!!
I've been excited for this game since the first cinematic trailer came out back in 2020!!!!

Jannes Wilmink
1 hour ago
Hell yes, fingers crossed we get to see the druid and chanter skills from the main games implemented in some way.

dunmeri herbata
1 hour ago
So excited for expanded Pillars of Eternity content !!!

WellLookAtZat Ben
2 hours ago
So excited for more Eora, I’ve never been more hype for a game before. I am so happy this world is continuing. Now I just need to find a way to play it as a Sony player.

Kirathian
37 minutes ago
I have huge expectations for this. Pillars of Eternity is top tier and so are the devs. I don't think the larger gaming community completely understand how great this game could possibly be.

ronuss
1 hour ago
Cant wait for more world building in Eora. This games still a good ways off, but its nice to get to see something and know its coming.

NightWoLF Games
2 hours ago
Cara olhando assim tudo indica que realmente vai ser grandioso!

DestinyCallsYou
1 hour ago
Im exited to see what Obsidian will do with the world of Eora

Rick Sanchez
28 minutes ago
Not what I was imagining but obsidian is one of the best rpg studios out there, so I will keep my faith in them until proven wrong

Smoses
59 minutes ago
I can't wait to explore Eora this way

Kpt Maci
2 hours ago
Looks like a cool funtasy game. Especially the spells being cast on some helpless peasants speak to that xD

Lithu
1 hour ago
This is going to be sooo fcking cool. I Love nearly every single Obsidian Game. Every title they are working on has so much Charm and Atmosphere and the Stories are so interesting and good. 2 years ago ig i played deadfire and i was so blown away and it became one of my Most Favourite Games of all time. I am so glad that we get More of the pillars of eternity universe and avowed will hopefully introduce More people to pillars of eternity also. Obsidian deserves all the Love it gets keep on doing great work❤

fantazjo
1 hour ago
can't wait for gameplay explaining what is in and how it works

Julius Fish man
42 minutes ago
This game looks like it will good a fun experience, hopefully the combat and magic systems are good cause that’s elders scroll greatest weakness

Lord Dragonya
34 minutes ago
I’m so hyped this is gonna be fire and we get an evil route which is the best part

Uriel Septim
28 minutes ago
How magical. I can't wait.

sackchief
2 hours ago
Have high hopes for this one

Youtube Userman
27 minutes ago
Little shocked by people’s negative reaction to this. I absolutely love this artstyle?

Mr9TalesFox
2 hours ago
Looking forward to this. Praise Eothas to be good.

:positive:

Ryzer

Arcane
^ Infinitron bots paid by Obsidian, I mean look at the usernames :lol:.

They glow more in the dark than a luminescent mushroom tree.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Every comment is formulaic as fuck - "Eora", "expand the world of Eora", "getting more Eora".. They didn't bother using ChatGPT, it's some less powerful large language model. Pure cringe shit.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
InXile: I guess we'll be making imsim-style aRPGs or whatever. We won't be as good as Arkane, but we'll try our best.

Arkane: Nah fam, it's all you.

ropetight

Savant
Obsidian making their Skyrim/PoE adapted for modern audiences.
inXile making their steampunk Skyrim/Bioshock.
CDPR making DLCs for their cyberpunk Skyrim/GTA.

Starfield, No Mans Skyrim, looks least lame of all this.
And that says something.

What is this, 2013?

Gargaune

Arcane
Starfield looks like Fallout 76 with mediocre space combat :lol:
Hold, citizen! You need to complete a captcha to verify you're not a Chris Roberts alt, please see the hint below and complete the sentence under it:

todd-starfield2.jpg

"Mods will ___ __."

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Avowed looks alright but the narrator is fucking terrible. Not just the actual voice, but the script.

Starfield looks embarrassingly generic, but I admit it could be one of those games that gets its hooks into me. What they have yet to demonstrate is how this game will be any different from Fallout 4 in Space. Because that's my first impression.

I like shooting and combat but why is always their first instinct? Lots of games have jetpack gunplay, why should I care about this? This isn't rhetorical, I don't know the answer and they aren't telling me.

I'm not rooting against Bethesda here, I would like very much for this game to be good and to do well. But I remain . . . unenthused.

Edit: looking forward to Brian Fargo's new game being 1) buggy as hell 2) poorly optimized 3) about 30% too long. I will play it anyway.

ResetRPG

Novice
Out of these games, the one that looks the most interesting is Avowed.

I'm curious to see how Obsidian translates an CRPG series into a First Person Action RPG.

I hope all the games turn out well regardless.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Avowed: FORGE YOUR DESTINY! AN ANCIENT EVIL HAS AWOKEN! THE HERO RISES! Etc etc etc, this thing looks so bland.

Starfield will be a masterpiece in about ten years after its release when the community has a chance to finish the game for them.

Akachi

Educated
These games literally look like shit. What happened to video game graphics? They all look the same and are horrible at conveying information, and they aim toward boring photorealism without any sense of style, never letting you look at anything entirely new you can't in real life; in that way, even Morrowind beats all these new games in graphics. They pain my eyes to look at to where I can't imagine playing any of these games and having to look at them. In 2006 I remember calling other people graphics whores on gaming forums, I sure didn't expect to feel like one 17 years later.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wtf, Avowed looks like it's from 2013. Some terrible graphics and animations. Not to mention the cringy narrator...
Well, at least it's good that their brother in spirit company, Inxile, brings in a shiny brand new and fresh setting, steampunk!

*) I never liked SP
**) Even less so now that it's been over-utilized as a setup for the past 15 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom