Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2011: The Year in Review

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wow that top 5 list is depressing as hell. Is that really what the codex voted? Jesus christ.

Yes. I recounted it 3 times. It was rather depressing seeing those results. Potato gonna potato. ;)

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No Du, you are either totally misguided or wrapped up in self-delusion.
To suggest that most codexers are mentally Ill.
Emotionally damaged.
Have....Issues.
How can you even suggest that I would, that I could...
Not be normal?
Ha! Ha!
So, I like RPG's.
So do a million other people.
A million million other people.
Does that make me crazy?
Ha!
I think not!
:hmmm:
:desu:

made

Arcane
GJ DU for making me read through a retardo thread I would have never noticed otherwise.

You do realize when you put it out there for all to see HEY LOOK HERE EVERYONE WE HAVE DRAMA TOO you invite an audience that doesn't give two shits about RPGs and only craves the emotional engagement of internet drama? And the Chefes and Black Cats and other live action roleplayers that follow in their wake. Was that your intention?

You have the numbers, you have the stats, you see the popularity of the Codex exploding. How much of that is thanks to its nature as a hardcore RPG site (that votes Witcher for GOTY every year) vs. the undeniable appeal of GD?

Angthoron

Arcane
Well good thing I hardly ever visit the GD and apparently miss majority of fucked up and retarded shit. Time to avoid it for another decade.

Finally, what saves this board is that it's the only one where one can talk about "Phantasie", "Darklands" or really forgotten games such as "Legend of Faerghail", "Circuit's Edge" or "Veil of Darkness". Fuck the pseudo-nazis. The "edgy" side of the RPG Codex is just shit: it's just children caught by the syndrome of La Tourette . Exactly like the AAA titles that we despise.

Particularly when you consider that quite a few of them don't have any interest in crpgs in the first place. There's a few out there who I've never seen in any of the codex's gaming fora aside from when people (well, myself, but I'm sure there have been others) have suggested that any required bandwith-savings for the codex should come from dropping all those who only ever post in GD.

I've been flamed for this before, but fuck it: how fucking desperate for human contact (of a kind where folks can't effectively tell you to fuck off) must you be, for you to bypass all the shitty internet chat communities, including 4chan and other dens of paedo-fascist-homophobia, and regularly frequent an rpg site despite declaring 'lol, I don't play rpgs'???.

At least Black Cat and Andhaira have an interest in crpgs. Admittedly, I've only ever seen BC talk about jrpgs, but Andhaira has a surprising knowledge of 80s-era crpgs for a guy who is basically outcast around here.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally, what saves this board is that it's the only one where one can talk about "Phantasie", "Darklands" or really forgotten games such as "Legend of Faerghail", "Circuit's Edge" or "Veil of Darkness". Fuck the pseudo-nazis. The "edgy" side of the RPG Codex is just shit: it's just children caught by the syndrome of La Tourette . Exactly like the AAA titles that we despise.

Particularly when you consider that quite a few of them don't have any interest in crpgs in the first place. There's a few out there who I've never seen in any of the codex's gaming fora aside from when people (well, myself, but I'm sure there have been others) have suggested that any required bandwith-savings for the codex should come from dropping all those who only ever post in GD.
Yeah. Because gaming, especially cRPGs, are serious business and you should speak about them, if not then gtfo, because this is prestigious forum.

Is it just me or are people who hang out on the internet too much very naive about humanity? Get out and talk to enough "regular" folks long enough for them to let their guard down and you'll uncover all sorts of "crazy" ideas. I've known quite a few people that make this place look tame and I can't really say that I've ever met a "sane" person. I also understand using hyperbole for comedic purposes and I don't believe everything I read.

I had more than my share of certifiably insane clients when I was a lawyer (as in: they had schizophrenia or extremely severe cases of bipolar, and were quite literally certified:)). And this place is still a madhouse.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
"What can change the stuffies of a Black Cat, nyaa~?"

[Truth] Thingies
[Lie] Thingies
[Truth] Nothing can change the stuffies and thingies
[Truth] A boytoys bank account
You don't want to know the answer to that, Hoverdog Puzzlewell, you want to know Vaarna_Aarnes answer!

ironyuri

Why is a "friend" coming to the forum and making an unsupported claim to cast a negative light on Vaarna, any different than someone coming into a thread and saying that all Russians are Hitler because Karelia?

Where the fuck is DU pulling this shit from? Unevidenced troll claims on the internet suddenly become gospel, not someone winning an argument. Why the fuck would Black Cat bother frequenting a forum where the joke of the month for 3 years was "inb4 tasteful rape", or posters like Turisias and Major_Blackhart talk about paedo-rape near constantly?

Get the fuck out.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
GJ DU for making me read through a retardo thread I would have never noticed otherwise.

You do realize when you put it out there for all to see HEY LOOK HERE EVERYONE WE HAVE DRAMA TOO you invite an audience that doesn't give two shits about RPGs and only craves the emotional engagement of internet drama? And the Chefes and Black Cats and other live action roleplayers that follow in their wake. Was that your intention?
We've taken measures to prevent that. Beyond just the moderation approval queue. I had thought of taking it one further and setting it up so that you don't even get access to GD until you've been here for a year or more, and make Retardo Land access along similar lines. Even had the thought that GD becomes for patrons only and we force everyone to practically stop talking about anything other than RPGs. Now that's all a bit extreme - but we do have options. This is more of a shot across the bow with a fingers-crossed that people will pick up their own behaviour (because ultimately, anything else is just a patch job).

You have the numbers, you have the stats, you see the popularity of the Codex exploding. How much of that is thanks to its nature as a hardcore RPG site (that votes Witcher for GOTY every year) vs. the undeniable appeal of GD?
Actually most of our explosions occur in line with the release of a AAA title that generally, the mainstream media salivates over while we're all saying it sucks.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
At first I wanted to post what I think of Black Cat, who's probably busy right now with harming other people with her real-life left-hand magic abilities (because she can! - also, morals are gay). But then a tear was rolling down my cheek, when I remembered DarkUnderlord's plea to think before posting. So I will leave it at that: As far as I'm concerned the only problem with this incident is, that apparently Black Cat is still posting. She really should have fucked off.

Angthoron

Arcane
DU is trying to make Codex more female-friendly so you dumbasses could procreate.

Holy fucking shit people how obvious does your benevolent leader have to make it?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
he joke of the month for 3 years was "inb4 tasteful rape"

It's only been the joke of the month since mid-2010 (so 2 years) when the Sengoku Rance LP began building up speed again.

DU is trying to make Codex more female-friendly so you dumbasses could procreate.

Holy fucking shit people how obvious does your benevolent leader have to make it?

I'd rather not have borderhouse codex, thank you. I have altogether saner forums I post in under another username for that stuff. Codex is where you go to vent so you can resume the veneer of sanity everyone is so desperate to maintain. :P
Or to read really hilarious Let's Plays. The playground is the only thing of real value in this cesspit :love:

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd rather not have borderhouse codex, thank you. I have altogether saner forums I post in under another username for that stuff. Codex is where you go to vent so you can resume the veneer of sanity everyone is so desperate to maintain. :P
Or to read really hilarious Let's Plays. The playground is the only thing of real value in this cesspit :love:

Don't you want a woman that hates popular culture, loves cRPGs and can tell apart the different pigeons in Hatoful Boyfriend?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Don't you want a woman that hates popular culture, loves cRPGs and can tell apart the different pigeons in Hatoful Boyfriend?

I have a woman that hates popular culture, loves turn-based strategy games and thinks a good way to spend a sunday is running around in a forest, shooting weaboos with hardball guns :love:

Angthoron

Arcane

You too can sex up fat housewife once we add in some emotional engagement and bioware reviews that are loving blowjobs.
Perhaps add a subscription based user-to-user Emotional Interface Device Coupling.

I have a woman that hates popular culture, loves turn-based strategy games and thinks a good way to spend a sunday is running around in a forest, shooting weaboos with hardball guns :love:

We mustn't deny pleasures of this type from our Codexian brethren!

For me the art of the XIXth century was the novel, the one of the XXth was cinema and the one of the XXIst is the video game. You'll soon have stupid old fucks in universities droning about "Monotheism in Lord British's Canon". I still think that video games are the greatest contemporary form of art. RPG Codex is the only board on the internet that shelters people with great taste and a genuine love and interest in the medium. We are crazy but we also are quite clever. I also like the punk side of the RPG Codex, it belongs to our way of thinking out of the box. But I can understand DU: sometimes there are people who are just total morons screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" while splashing their own shit on their face. But I don't think that Andhaira or Black Cat belong to them. Like Azrael said, they are genuinely interested in the medium and quite erudite. Black Cat writes very well and has a unique way of thinking, she's an artist. I would marry her tommorrow if she asked me to.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

i'm pretty sure your woman is a man, bro

Why is it that every time I read this sentence, I keep seeing flashes of scenes from 28 Days Later, Pontypool, I am Legend, Rec and various other 'infection takes over and destroys/devours mankind' films?

Pontypool being particularly apt, given the zombie-infection in that film is transmitted via language.

Then, even if I was gay, I think that I'd be wary of Andhaira: a fat pakistani bodybuilder under medication writing RPG rules is just fucking weird mate. It sounds like someone from a John Waters movie.

Murk

Arcane
The Codex is one of the few shining lights of real freedom and the heinous chaos that comes with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom