Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Dead or alive 6, Devil may cry 5, Sekiro, Zelda Link’s awakening for Switch. Those are the games I’m watching this year.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Dead or alive 6

Is this series any good? Or it's only appeal are the jiggle physics and bikinis?

EDIT: There's no optimism speaking here fantadomat, DMC5 has already been confirmed as a great game, the only thing left to know is if the campaign will be of equal quality to the gameplay.

It used to be. Apparently it is now all about the tits. Dead or Alive 2 was the shit.

Ash

Arcane
Unreleased Games

HOPE RATING: Moderate

Monomyth
Ion Maiden
Dying Light 2
Spelunky 2
Siekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Bloodstained
Super Meat Boy 2
Nioh 2

HOPE RATING: Low to very low

Doom Eternal
Medievil Remake
System Shock 3
System Shock Remake
Devil May Cry 5
Final Fantasy 7 remake
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake
Wolfenstien: Young Blood
Rage 2

Hope is primarily based on dev track record, and the game being made (e.g AAA = higher risk, so more likely to be garbage).

Edit: regarding Zelda DX, fuck that.

Dat Art Style "remaster"
Dat Music "remaster"

:deathclaw:

Why must all modern cartoony games offend my eyes and be uglier than shit from up to three decades ago?

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Monomyth is an RPG what's why it's not here. We already a thread like this one for RPG's.

Dying Light 2
Spelunky 2
Medievil Remake
Didn't knew about this. Will add to the list.

System Shock Remake
This one is due to Q1 of 2020. So unfortunately it doesn't belong here.

Final Fantasy 7 remake
Oh c'mon man. The Zelda remake might have a bad visual style, but at least it will be a good game since it will retain the exact same content, gameplay and challenge of the original (and won't be sold in 60$ episodes).

Rage 2
I won't be adding these 2. If you want to add yourself fine. But the nuWolfenstien games were bad, and RAGE 1 was not a good game (and this sequel seems very derivative of these modern trends).

Remake to the 1998 PS1 classic.

Release Date: 2019
Codex Thread

Sequel to the to tough as nails, 2008 roguelike platformer.

Codex Thread

"Featuring Chris Avellone from Planescape: Torment"

Codex Thread

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Monomyth is an RPG what's it's not here. We already a thread like this one for RPG's.

Dying Light 2
Spelunky 2
Medievil Remake
Didn't knew about this. Will add to the list.

System Shock Remake
This one is due to Q1 of 2020. So unfortunately it doesn't belong here.

Final Fantasy 7 remake
Oh c'mon man. The Zelda remake might have a bad visual style, but at least it will be a good game since it will retain the exact same content, gameplay and challenge of the original (and won't be sold in 60$ episodes).

Rage 2
I won't be adding these 2. If you want to add yourself fine. But the nuWolfenstien games were bad, and RAGE 1 was not a good game (and this sequel seems very derivative of these modern trends).

Can't say I disagree with much of anything you said. Except maybe FF7R. I don't mind if they were to change the gameplay. I do mind if they were to change it to be shit though...which they will.

I included Rage 2 because maybe, just maybe it'll be alright.

NuWolf though I don't know what I was thinking. MachineGames clearly couldn't make a good game if their lives depended on it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fuck it.

Never played the original. But I know a lot of people like this shit so here it is.

I worry for you. You seem to have a grasp of things, and yet at the same time show yourself not to.

There's a post in this thread where you truly deliver, and yet in the post I quoted you seem apologetic and forgiving... as if you're trying to curry favor with a group within the gaming industry that doesn't deserve it.

I have close to 33 years of experience in gaming. Psychonauts is a milestone game. That Double Fine Productions took 14 years to make a sequel tells so much more about the game industry than it does about Tim Schafer or Double Fine Productions.

In other words, when it comes to the original... PLAY IT.

NOW.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Fuck it.

Never played the original. But I know a lot of people like this shit so here it is.

I worry for you. You seem to have a grasp of things, and yet at the same time show yourself not to.

There's a post in this thread where you truly deliver, and yet in the post I quoted you seem apologetic and forgiving... as if you're trying to curry favor with a group within the gaming industry that doesn't deserve it.

I have close to 33 years of experience in gaming. Psychonauts is a milestone game. That Double Fine Productions took 14 years to make a sequel tells so much more about the game industry than it does about Tim Schafer or Double Fine Productions.

In other words, when it comes to the original... PLAY IT.

NOW.

Eh...
I was never into adventure games. So that's why I never played it.
But I do have a copy of the original on Steam, that I received from a friend of mine's humble bundle so, doesn't hurt to try I guess...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I thought everything new besides KotC2 would be shit like 99% of modern games, but I just found out about Hollow Knight: Silksong. Holy shit I'm actually hyped.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
These last 2 weeks have been pretty good, since we got one of the best action games made so far and tomorrow another game that so far looks great is dropping (well it can already be played actually).
Truly Jap devs are the only ones based enough to do AAA games right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom