Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Update The Witcher to 1.5 - NOW!!!

Monolith

Prophet
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

The 1.5 patch for The Witcher is <a href="http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Wiedzmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona_Patch/8902">available</a> (multi-language version - Polish, English, German, French).
<br>
<br>
Here's what <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/918.html">the official Witcher site</a> has to say about it:
<br>
<blockquote>We are happy to inform that latest patch version for The Witcher is now available to download!
<br>
<br>
Here are the features of patch 1.5:
<br>
<br>
Modifications:
<br>
- copy securities (DRM) are removed
<br>
- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
<br>
- patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics
<br>
<br>
Additionally:
<br>
- 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.
<br>
<br>
In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (i.e. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition) should be installed.
<br>
<br>
You might also want to download the new game-difficulty modification, "Flash Mod", prepared by our community member Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. Now surivivng in the world of The Witcher will be much more challenging than ever before!</blockquote>
<br>
Now let's get the bitching started.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now let's get the bitching started.
Okay.

You mean "fixes available long ago and some random mods combined together in new single .exe are now available!", because it's not a patch.

I just don't understand CDP Red, they made a great game but all this "hype" (or whatever it is) is kinda stupid.

Multi-headed Cow

Fixing bugs? Removing disc check? Adding developer approved community made adventures? Those fucking monsters.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Decent developers don't make patches, so that fans can patch the game just the way they want it. :troika:

MetalCraze

Arcane
A patch? More like CDP downloaded a NoDVD for their game, added a few shitty community quests and called it a day. And as you can see this update is meaningful.

Arem

Scholar
Monolith said:
Modifications:
- copy securities (DRM) are removed - already done in 1.4 EE patch
- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive - ditto
- patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics - solved via dec 2008 hotfix
Monolith said:
Additionally:
- 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.
Update The Witcher to 1.5 - NOW!!!

GeneralSamov

Prophet
So, re-packaging stuff that's already out and re-releasing it? For free, even? Preposterous. Sounds like a cheap jewish tactic for advertising and keeping the public's attention on the franchise name for some more time, eh? Tsk tsk.

And why exactly is this worth frowning about?

Dandelion

Novice
A PATCH? How do they dare call this a patch? This is an enhanced edition! How can they be so shameless, so blind?
AND ALL THIS HYPE! How can they make announcements (!?!) and live with it? This is madness.
I request the intervention of the holy inquisition!

Haba said:
Oh the sheer audacity of them! They dare to support this old title? Do they have any idea how this business works?

Also,

Konjad said:
is kinda stupid.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
That's how you can see that CDP is a bunch of amateurs: Bethesda charges 10 $ for that kind of stuff.

catfood

AGAIN
I always wanted to buy The Witcher but I postponed the purchase because I don't have enough free disk space and I'm too lazy to clean up my hard drive.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Not charging extra money? Damn Poles have gone communist on us again. Somebody call the US for a preemptive strike. This must be stopped. Now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Huh? You say it's free? Wanna see how much I must pay for my internets to download this thing? THEN you'll see how 'free' it is. Or wait, you won't, because you're blinded fanboys.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Darth Roxor said:
Huh? You say it's free? Wanna see how much I must pay for my internets to download this thing? THEN you'll see how 'free' it is. Or wait, you won't, because you're blinded fanboys.
Phew, call off the nuclear strikes. There are still people who don't have a flatrate or buy pc-gaming magazines. How could anybody forget about the tens of people who will solely pay for an internet connection just to download the Witcher patch. Damn liberals nearly caused WWIII.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Monolith said:
Update The Witcher to 1.5 - NOW!!!
Why? It's not like the game's actually worth playing again. Unless you're one of those people who hasn't actually played it again yet and hasn't seen the incredibly similar results of your different "choices".

Blackadder said:
Only $10? There is more than a single quest in this download you know.
Yeah because fan-made mods that have been out for about a year already are totally like quests that developers should be charging for.

Not even Bethesda does that, silly Witcher fanbois.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom