Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News AoD Gameplay Video - Carrinas Assassination

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence

<p>Iron Tower Studios <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1861.0.html">have released a gameplay video</a> along with a couple of screenshots:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">It took us awhile but we've finally managed to put together a gameplay video from photoshopped screenshots (flip animation FTW). The video shows the second Assassins Guild's quest, the game flow, a night map, fire particles for the easily amused, the PC fighting with allies (just because you don't have an entourage of emotionally scarred people with troubled past doesn't mean you have to save the world all by your awesome self), and an optional third-person view.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="480" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgOolAndA_I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgOolAndA_I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Be sure to watch it in 720p so you can read the text clearly.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks <span class="postbody"><strong>Elhoim</strong> &amp; <strong>A.S.</strong>!<br /></span></p>

Hegel

Arcane
Oh wow, finally.
VD, will there be romance? Will the main char gender influence some part of the game just like in FO2? In short: can we roleplay tranny whores?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
This is why before Youtube went HD, I had to zoom into my gameplay videos like crazy.

AOD looks to have even smaller text so HD is actually a requirement here.

EDIT: Also, the visuals look much better in HD. I notice the awesome shadows.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Long time irritant of mine showing up in this clip.
Anyone else annoyed by a ranged fighter not being easily defeated when a melee fighter is 1 foot from them.
And what about the crossbowman running from the melee fighter all the while loading 2 bolts and firing?
Mount and Blade handled this accurately showing the crossbowmen using both feet and hands to cock the string but impossible to do when a sword is being swung at you from 1 foot away.
/oldtimerrantoff

chzr

Scholar
really nice animations and graphics, kiting with crossbows is weird though and the fight was quite long, hope the reason is because it was meant to be some kind of 'boss' fight

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Will it have Steam achievements? :smug:

In all seriousness, looking much better than I expected it to -- keep up the good work.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Elhoim said:
You can check some high resolution screens here:

Yeah, the shadows look great. Even aligned with light sources properly. Looks like some static objects emanate shadows too?

It's funny how we don't appreciate shadows until they go missing (as in Fallout 3 engine).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
looks great. I've got a a lot of free time now so please release it, hurrhurr.

MonkeyLancer

Educated
Michael Ellis said:
Long time irritant of mine showing up in this clip.
Anyone else annoyed by a ranged fighter not being easily defeated when a melee fighter is 1 foot from them.
And what about the crossbowman running from the melee fighter all the while loading 2 bolts and firing?
Mount and Blade handled this accurately showing the crossbowmen using both feet and hands to cock the string but impossible to do when a sword is being swung at you from 1 foot away.
/oldtimerrantoff

I can understand your rant, especially if the crossbow is powerful and needs a windlass or some other mechanism to overcome a huge pull strength, but as devil's advocate and if it is a light enough crossbow it could be cocked using one's hands...

edit: besides any nitpicky things like that it looks pretty awesome to me

Seeker
In My Safe Space
This is interesting. I ignored the existence of this game until today.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Dicksmoker said:
Woah when did we get Youtube embedment?

HTML in newsposts, I assume.

Also, the game looks surprisingly pretty. Combat demo graphics were functional and pretty good - about, say, NWN level, which is far more than I'd ask of AoD or any indie - but it's genuinely a treat to the eyes now. And that's enough, please stop now.

ecliptic

Liturgist
The text vignettes are a good compromise based on available resources. Seems like it allows the developers to do things effortlessly that would otherwise ultimately turn the game into vaporware if they were to be implemented in engine.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
FFFFFFFUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

AOD GREATEST GAME EEVAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

E9UEFI0-FDPSDSF

SO GOOD

FUCK U IF U DONT AGREE

circ

Arcane
Nice animations and SFX, but wish the graphics were a little more high fantasy. Also needs more blood. Not DAO levels, but eh. Hate the music, and interface could be made less clunky. This is after we've had games like ToEE after all. With its sweet sweet quick and intuitive interface.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom