Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News AoD Gameplay Video - Carrinas Assassination

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
ITZ COMING!

Strangely, it seems prettier than in the demo. The abundance of vegetation maybe.

I like the overal feel of combat in the video (pace, animation, difficulty, length...) and the fact that I enjoyed watching a turn-based combat video in its entirety on youtube means quite much.

Also, what's happening to your companion at 1:45. He keeps going back and forth. Glitch? in a promotional video?

Gwendo

Augur
Michael Ellis said:
Long time irritant of mine showing up in this clip.
Anyone else annoyed by a ranged fighter not being easily defeated when a melee fighter is 1 foot from them.
And what about the crossbowman running from the melee fighter all the while loading 2 bolts and firing?
Mount and Blade handled this accurately showing the crossbowmen using both feet and hands to cock the string but impossible to do when a sword is being swung at you from 1 foot away.
/oldtimerrantoff

If you want to be picky, how about that fire that isn't burning anything? Sure that grass should be burned in a minute and the fire should spread, or at least extinguish when it runs out of grass to burn. :P

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ogg said:
Also, what's happening to your companion at 1:45. He keeps going back and forth. Glitch? in a promotional video?
I believe he was trying to disengage from melee combat but failed every time.

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
Looks nice! Definitely liking the look of the combat. Crossbows do seem a bit too easy to use in close range, but we'll see how that works out I guess.

Also, gladiator-style net action YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH-

denizsi

Arcane
Anybody else still annoyed about the grid colours?

Gwendo said:
Michael Ellis said:
Long time irritant of mine showing up in this clip.
Anyone else annoyed by a ranged fighter not being easily defeated when a melee fighter is 1 foot from them.
And what about the crossbowman running from the melee fighter all the while loading 2 bolts and firing?
Mount and Blade handled this accurately showing the crossbowmen using both feet and hands to cock the string but impossible to do when a sword is being swung at you from 1 foot away.
/oldtimerrantoff

If you want to be picky, how about that fire that isn't burning anything? Sure that grass should be burned in a minute and the fire should spread, or at least extinguish when it runs out of grass to burn. :P

Yes, totally the same thing.

SkepticsClaw said:
Also, gladiator-style net action YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH-

Too bad they act like a DND spell, ie. only limited to slowing down movement / decreasing AP if I am correct, instead of immobilizing and / or making it impossible to attack or switch weapons until you broke free, even if that would be overpowered which could possibly be offset by high skill requirement and degrees of a successful throw. Eg:

Totally webbed: hardest throw. Knock down possible, immobilization + impossible to attack and defend until escaped, impossible or penalty to dodge.
Webbed at arms / hands: impossible or penalty to attack and to change weapon, depending on the weapon equipped; penalty to defend and dodge.
Webbed at legs: knock down possible, impossible or penalty to move and dodge, and also to defend and attack depending on the type of weapon and the attack option.
Webbed at head: knock down possible, penalty to attack, defend and dodge.

On top of

Loosely webbed: takes X length of time (in AP or total turns) to break free
Firmly webbed: takes X + Y length of time to break free

OminousBlueDot

Educated
Its beautiful ... Or at least pleasant looking.

If only the combat didn't seem so long-winded. I would have thought being stabbed in the unarmored chest three or four times with a scimitar would be the NPCs undoing, but such seems not the case.

In the final game,
will there be an option to increase text-size?
Also, will ranged characters continue to run in circles?

denizi said:

Call much attention to themselves, eh?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
You can always do what I did, and instead make the grid into an actual grid (highlight only cell outlines, but leave the insides).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
denizsi said:
I would say no, but then the "still" would imply that I was at one time. Thus, your questions is unanswerable.

Murk

Arcane
circ said:
Nice animations and SFX, but wish the graphics were a little more high fantasy.

What? No, shut up -- the game's supposed to NOT be high-fantasy looking goddamn.

Also needs more blood. Not DAO levels, but eh. Hate the music, and interface could be made less clunky.

Wait.. wha...

This is after we've had games like ToEE after all. With its sweet sweet quick and intuitive interface.

Oh okay you're trying to be funny. lol4u i guess?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Character models still look like they stepped right out of NWN.

I kid, I kid, so when's it going to come out, this year I hope?

circ

Arcane
Mikayel said:
circ said:
Nice animations and SFX, but wish the graphics were a little more high fantasy.

What? No, shut up -- the game's supposed to NOT be high-fantasy looking goddamn.

Also needs more blood. Not DAO levels, but eh. Hate the music, and interface could be made less clunky.

Wait.. wha...

This is after we've had games like ToEE after all. With its sweet sweet quick and intuitive interface.

Oh okay you're trying to be funny. lol4u i guess?
No retard. If you stab a person repeatedly in the stomach region, there is going to be a shit load of blood. I barely saw droplets fly off. And yes, if you think that interface is not archaic as hell with its several sub menus just to aim at a body part -- when Fallout 1 already had something as fancy as anatomical representations for quick aiming -- then hey, maybe you would rather play things like Colossal Cave.

As for high fantasy, ok, bad wording. A little less Arcanum excrement like, and more detail in say that grass for isntance.

OminousBlueDot

Educated
circ said:
If you stab a person repeatedly in the stomach region, there is going to be a shit load of blood.

Grew up on the bad-side of town, circ? I must admit, I've never seen someone jabbed with a sword before, but unless the location is an artery, wouldn't there be very little visible bleeding? (Blood pooling in the various chest cavities and organs, at the most)

Unless you're referring to the sword point coming out the other side of the poor bastard, then right on, bro! :M

Inziladun

Magister
Wow, the graphics actually look really good. The Character models are still pretty much the same as a couple years ago, but the enviroment looks much, much better. Gameplay and all looks good too of course.

Honestly though, they need to release this game. The pique of fan interest is quickly waning.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Ok, a couple of things:

- Grid: It can have different opacity levels, you can toggle the lines or fills on and off, or toggle it off completely.

- Interface: I was purposely opening the menu to select the attacks so you can see what I was doing. We have key shortcuts for every kind of attack, and we will probably do a "minimal" interface at some point (probably after the game is out).

- We are improving the pathfinding and target selection AI.

- There will be options to increase the text size, especially at higher resolutions.

OminousBlueDot

Educated
Elhiom said:
- There will be options to increase the text size, especially at higher resolutions.

The once legally-blind among us salute you, good sir.

Whom shall I bequeth my future fortune to?*

*I apologize

Multi-headed Cow

I liked when the one guy spent all his AP running back and forth in an enemy's zone of control and got attacked over and over again during his whole turn.

Shiny

Novice
My skepticism has been reduced by two points... please make a saving throw VD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom