Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare

<p>Not long after the message that Bethesda did what BioWare always wanted (shipping 10 million copies) but never achieved despite all the awesome 'splosions and emotional engaging gay romances, the BioDocs figured out a new, auspicious approach. <a href="http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/dragon-age-3/" target="_blank">Learning from the best</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Speaking to Wired.com in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, BioWare CEO and co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka said the company has been listening to its fans and learning from the strengths and weaknesses of both Dragon Age II, the latest entry in the popular series, and other games that are on the market today.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&ldquo;[The next Dragon Age] is gonna have the best of features from the prior Dragon Age games, but it&rsquo;s also gonna have a lot of things I think players are gonna find compelling from some of the games that are out now that are doing really well with more of an open world feel,&rdquo; Muzyka said.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&ldquo;We&rsquo;re checking [Skyrim] out aggressively. We like it. We&rsquo;re big admirers of [Bethesda] and the product,&rdquo; he said. &ldquo;We think we can do some wonderful things.&rdquo;</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Wonderful things.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/?rwsiteid=1#18669">RPGWatch</a></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
Hawkesome buckets for Derpy Age 3 confirmed!
I took an arrow to the knee jokes confirmed!
Radiant Dragon Encounter confirmed!
Ability to marry NPCs and put them into a house confirmed!
Radiant Romance: Confirmed!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since the majority of the Codex liked Skyrim this can only be a positive. :smug:

In a recent Bioware Social thread, Laidlaw admitted that removing noncombat skills was a mistake and he's bringing them back for DA3. He better hope he doesn't confuse their target audience with those additional options, that's no way to make 10 million.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
an open world is a nice thing, if you can fill it with interesting things to explore... there wasn't very much to see in the limited world of dragon age (didn't play 2) or the open worlds of bethesda and i'm rather looking to risen 2 for that kind of gameplay

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Bulba said:
felipepepe said:
It can't be worse than DA 2 anyway.

Oh yes it CAN!
Precisely what I was just about to write.

Also, the best features of DA1 and DA2? What best features? I thought Laidlow said DA1 was the past and they'd never return to it because DA2 is awesome?

Joe Krow

Erudite
That's good news. They should steal some game mechanics while they are at it. Maybe they can learn.

In any case it doesnt bode well for the storyfags. That's a plus.

tindrli

Arcane
DeadHorse.gif

J_J_M

Educated
“How do we combine the new innovations we brought in Dragon Age II with the experience people were looking for in Dragon Age: Origins?” Muzyka said.
the new innovations we brought in Dragon Age II
...Nope.

So dialogue wheel and button-awesome combat confirmed?

J_J_M

Educated
Joe Krow said:
In any case it doesnt bode well for the storyfags. That's a plus.
Oh, you mean "I like games on rails" fags?
The Bear said:
Bethesda games have always been open world and have always been top sellers. Why the fuck are the docs trying to get inspiration from them now??
Because Bioware is fickle as shit. First they copied their own game i.e. Mass Effect, because it was a bigger seller, and brought every cancerous feature from there into Dragon Age, and now they're apparently copying everything from Elder Scrolls. EA's so blatantly desperate for success they aren't even trying to hide it from anyone.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
First person Derp'n Age game incoming.

NO STATS.
NO INVENTORY.
TWO AWESOME BUTTONS.

We think we can learn wonderful things from Skyrim. About 10 million of them.

Are Bioware even capable of having original thoughts? I like how Valve just makes whatever games they want and not care what we all think. Worked out pretty well for them when they made Half-Life and Portal. Why can't other devs be more like valve?

pipka

Savant
Next DA will not come. There is nothing to salvage from the setting, plot and characters.
Or... it may happen... for consoles only.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It'd be nice if they tried, you know, making a good game on their own, instead of just copying what's popular.

Nah, fuck that shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom