Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I have a friend that likes old, complex, choiceful games, hates DA:O (and I warned him "DON'T BUY IT! YOU'LL HATE IT!", but he did), but also bought Mass Effect 2 recently. Has the world gone derp?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Has the world gone derp?

Well you need to eat something, or you'll go completely mad hermit from CRPG emaciation. You eat shit and cry, eat shit and cry, because you don't have anything else to eat (I myself found DA:O an OK game, there was drunken dwarf in it, so we go and drink and kick @ss, and if you drunk enough you can imagine that dwarf being Korgan Bloodaxe...).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's very simple: stop buying "rpgs". Buy KotC, that one deserves it.

Drakron

Arcane
Action Mode = US Mode.
Story Mode = Very Easy Mode.
RPG Mode = Easy Mode.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SCO said:
It's very simple: stop buying "rpgs". Buy KotC, that one deserves it.

Just that it is not a true RPG, if you include story, exploration and c&c in that definition.
More a turn-based combat game with character progression. And a great one at that, so yeah, buy it!

Turjan

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
kris said:
Infinitron said:
As we speak, the Anderfels are being rewritten as a majestic, Scandinavia type land, teeming with nature and life. Anders was a gay outcast Viking. The plot is being altered so we spend most of the game there.

So Anders comes from a country called Anderfels in which the people are called Anders? :lol:
.....really? I never read the lore, so... but... really?

I'm Anders, an Anders of the Anderfels.

Jesus. Not that it's not plausible, but... jesus... I hope everyone there is named Anders, like, it's the only name they have so they name everything "Ander" one way or another. That'd be perfect.

edit: What is it with nicknames in Dragon Age? God's sake Maker's breath, Anders! I fucked you in the ass! I think I'm privy to know your real name, dammit. Same for you, Fenris. "Little wolf", my ass.

I'm not into Dragon Age, but is that shit for real or is that some kind of joke?

"Anderfels" is "other rock" in English. "Anders" means "different". I wonder if they meant "andersrum". I came to this conclusion when I read the following entry on the wiki:
The word loch is Anders for 'man'...
Sure. "Loch" means "hole". It all makes sense now.

Turjan

Arcane
Jack said:
ZeniBot said:
They should copy Wolf3d and have shepards face change based on the mode you have

Action Mode = Shepard taking a shit
Story Mode = Shepard Wearing Reading Glasses
RPG Mode = Shepard Wearing Reading Glasses while looking like he's taking a shit
Skyrim Mode = Shepard with a bucket on his head

hah
5tt53.jpg

Half-assed shoop is half-assed
:thumbsup:

MCA
I think I discovered the perfect dialogue system. It's awesomely next-gen and innovative: Button mash combos!

Press X for XTREME!! response
Press Y for Yankee response
Press Z for zzzzzzzz response

Examples:

X: Collar grab to intimidate and gauge the NPC's response.
XX: Collar grab and punch him until he talks.
xXx: Collar grab, punch and execute on the spot.

Z: Flirt with NPC
ZZ: Kiss the NPC just like that.
zzZ: Flirt, kiss and affectionate sex

XZZ: Collar grab, kiss and hot rough sex.
XZX: Collar grab, kiss and rape.
XZX+X: (special finishing move) Shoot in the head after orgasm.

ZXX: Flirt, bitch-slap! and kick
ZXX+X (Finishing move): shoot in the head after kicking.
XXZ: Collar grab, punch and rape

Yankee option is reserved for demands, like:

Y: Tell the NPC to STFU and make you a sandwich
XXY: Collar grab, punch and tell the NPC to make you a sandwich.
ZXY: Flirt, bitch-slap! and tell the NPC to make you a sandwich.

I'd pay to play a game like this.

waywardOne

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
So Anders comes from a country called Anderfels in which the people are called Anders? :lol:
.....really? I never read the lore, so... but... really?

I'm Anders, an Anders of the Anderfels.

Jesus. Not that it's not plausible, but... jesus... I hope everyone there is named Anders, like, it's the only name they have so they name everything "Ander" one way or another. That'd be perfect.

I appreciate your scorn, and most of the time they well earn it, and my dark lord and savior it pains me to defend them, but using someone's region or country as a nickname was not an uncommon practice, especially before industrialization. On the other hand, DA's setting is a little too cosmopolitan and non-homogenous for it to ring true, in the same way it makes no sense to someone living in an age of 4 hour trans-oceanic flights and smart phones.

My Name is

Novice
Gaming industry running out of ideas? Shocking. Even Valve is running out of them (lol DOTA 2). After all who needs them when garbage is already selling by the tens of millions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom