Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's Project X - Three days left

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Project X

It would seem that the number on the splash screen of obsidian.net is indeed a countdown. I suppose we can expect a reveal on Friday then.

9044.jpg

More cryptic writing:

The book unread is written. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?

Digging for truth buries the seeker.​

Did you read that last part? Stop trying to figure out what the game will be or Obsidian will murder you.

Update
Oh yeah, I forgot to include the new page source text. It reads:
<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->​

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Oh, this useless cryptic stuff. It's like the initial narration of bad fantasy.
"When Kpoglath of Progbavlia sailed across the Multi-Headed Streams to join the League of Glocpat in its struggle against Jambalayagax and Chattadega Tallanooga, one of the Dlofasdléath M'ruivrenvalar attempted to assassinate him with his Sagnamplab'ktorr'b'nar imbued with Manawawa poison. But the evil Lord Mal'hef'eek'yus had other plans for Kpoglath..."

And then you see the film\play the game, and only after understand the stupid narration, you'll realise how everything could have dove without it. The same is with these cryptic announcements.
They serve no other purpose than to stir shit up.
But I suspect you'd be dead curious even if Avellone said "on Friday we'll announce the end to the long debate, and announce whether we at Obsidian drink Pepsi or Coke."
:mca:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Again, there is more in the page source

<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Avellone already tweeted about the number being a countdown (yesterday, I think?), so it's not really news.
Looking forward to Friday. Weekend ftw.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Again, there is more in the page source

<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

so it's
<!--. X . X X . X X -->
into
<!--. X . X X . T X -->

:mhd:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Its Skyrim : New Winterhold. Clear as day.

TES-Online.jpg

Is it at all possible that Obsidian could be given the chance to make a TES spinoff?

Nah... impossible.

Then again, Zenimax likes money, and they know Obsidian can deliver an open world game.

Black

Arcane
Oh ya, obsidian making a zenimax game after getting buttfucked by them.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Oh ya, obsidian making a zenimax game after getting buttfucked by them.

They're an independent studio, they'd be numb to being violated and used.

FO3 to the Black Isle guys would be like watching Bethesda buttfucking your kid, but that just encouraged them to make a game for them.

Baron

Arcane
Obsidianent said:
"What do the words mean? Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must."
Obsidianent said:
The book unread is written. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?

These messages seem to be written by The Sphynx from Mystery Men. They're terribly mysterious.​

I've never been big on teaser campaigns that show so little. If you're going to tease a little skin, show some curve, show a little bit of nipple slip. Obsidian gives us the burka treatment.

Marketing Decline.

Coyote

Arcane
Guys, I think I've cracked it! It's a message... for us!

What do the words mean?
Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must.

The book unread is unwritten. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?
Digging for truth buries the seeker.

These words are meant to hype the masses with minimal effort by leading them to seek the hidden meaning without ever finding anything. For they have no meaning, except to their intended recipient: a lone voice crying out in mourning, lamenting the loss of classic CRPGs. The Codex.

To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness.

This refers to our tender love for RPGs, how it unites our fellowship of BROs, and how as BROs we must stand vigilant together against the forces of the decline. We will know Obsidian by their light (MCA) and stand with them in the darkness (the Era of the ARPG, when all must do what is necessary to survive).

Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

Long ago, Todd Howard came before us and told us we should be grateful, for without him the Fallout series would be dead. We responded by unleashing all of the weapons available to us - flaming, trolling, and even well-considered criticism. Also note the use of first and second person to subtly hint that they're on our side.

The next message will tell us that we should hold fast and not despair, for soon they will return to drive out the harbingers of the decline and rekindle the glory of years past.

I want to believe. :(

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron

It reads kind of Kirkbridey.

I still cling to the hope that Obsidian will get their hands on TES.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I still cling to the hope that Obsidian will get their hands on TES.

A TES prequel (in Mannimarco's era for example, so they could do something similar to KOTOR and be unconstrained from Bethesda's nonsense) by Obsidian would indeed be glorious.

deuxhero

Arcane
Again, if anyone is publishing this it is Square, as Obisidan's handler for DS3 listed "project x" on his resume months ago.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is no publisher on Earth that would fund a single player PC exclusive cRPG (of they scope they want to make this). None. This has to be the KS project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom