Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Almost Human Games; Legend of Grimrock 2

As it turns out, the new "Grimrock-related project" that Almost Human Games are currently working on is not an expansion or DLC, but a sequel - Legend of Grimrock 2:

Secondly, and this is a biggie (probably more to ourselves than you!), we are now officially working on… Legend of Grimrock 2! Creating a mere DLC or expansion to Grimrock simply would not have felt right. As today’s meeting proved, we still have a lot of ideas we’d like to explore, lots and lots of new content already done (originally made for a DLC/expansion) and a big engine update in the works. Simply put, a DLC would have limited too much what we can do. With a full blown sequel we can raise Grimrock to the next level.

I’m sure you had all this figured out for a while already, but announcing a project is something we don’t take lightly, so we had to be really sure that this is the thing we want to blow our hearts and souls into.

So, the cat is out of the bag, and this post is already getting quite long. I’ll leave the details to the development updates that we’re going to start posting again as the work progresses. Oh, there’s so much to tell…​

Source.

There goes my hope for a Chaos Strikes Back-like expansion.

neilsouth

Augur
log_2_tease.jpg

Hot News, Almost Human Ltd has just announced Legend of Grimrock 2! Now I've played Legend of Grimrock 1 and not only was it a huge success selling over 600,000 copies in the gaming world, I thought it was bloody brilliant too. It was an epic dungeon crawler, which took many of us back to our roots of crpg goodness, battling creatures and solving puzzles in a grid based movement dungeon system. Basically the Dungeon Master of this generation, with HD graphics and lighting.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/02/legend-of-grimrock-2-announced-rpg.html

*** YEH!!!!!!! :D

I've still got eye of the beholder on my system :)

neilsouth

Augur
It's highly likely due to the success of the first game that sales of the second will be much higher :)

Eyeball

Arcane
Seconded. Maybe they can afford to put in non-shit combat this time to go with the frankly stunning graphics of their first effort.

Gord

Arcane
I hope they build upon the foundations of the first one, because while I enjoyed it, it could also definitely use some more depth to it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't mind the mambo -- it's part and parcel of most games in the genre. Just play on the hardest difficulty and it'll (sort of) fit into the balance. Part of me is disappointed they went full fledged sequel versus a DLC because now it'll take longer to get more Grimrock. That said, hopefully this adds more developed content like outdoor areas, better character system, and possibly a fix to the combat.

Kahlis

Cipher
Glad I hadn't yet invested too much time into mapping for the first one. Let's see if it's actually more complex this time and not just more gimmicks/graphics/enemies.

BobtheTree

Savant
Haven't played the first one much yet, but I was hoping the team would do something new in terms of setting, mostly because I'm not big on massive dungeons. Still, glad they met with success and will be delivering this one without using the Kickstarter.

Dorateen

Arcane
Still, they ought to take a page out of a certain title that is coming. Else they will languish in the shadow of the far more intricate and depth-satisfying Grimoire, consigned to the ash-heap of dungeon crawlers for casual gamers.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
To be completely honest, I don't have much interest in this (I really disliked the combat mambo).

Me neither, but at the same time I'm very happy Legend of Grimrock exists, and also profits enough to warrant a sequel. If that sub-genre of old school RPG succeeds then other types of old school RPGs have a better chance of thriving in today's environment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom