Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Eidos Montreal boss announces "Deux Ex Universe", reveals next-gen Deus Ex already in development

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

David Anfossi, producer of good-for-what-it-was Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and general manager of Eidos Montreal ever since the bosses back in Japan kicked out his predecessor due to the controversy surrounding the Thief reboot, has made an announcement about the future of the Deus Ex franchise. Here's what the man has to say:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a critical and commercial success, and from this game an amazing franchise has been revived. We are fully committed to Deus Ex here at Eidos-Montreal, we’ve already learnt so much and we have many new ideas for the future that we are actively working to develop.

So first up, I am delighted to announce that we have confirmed a ship date for Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. We will be releasing the game on October 22 (25 in PAL regions) on the Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Over the last 18 months, the team has been working very hard on the development of the Director’s Cut. With this edition, we gave the team the envious task of pushing the boundaries of innovation and creativity to explore something we believe will become a big part of the future of the franchise, the second screen experience. When the game launches, players will have the opportunity to experience Human Revolution in a new and unique way through SmartGlass, the PSVita and the Wii U GamePad. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the Deus Ex forums.

And we are taking things further.

I’m really excited to let you know that we are working on an ambitious idea which we’re calling Deus Ex Universe.

The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before. Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc... You might have seen the name pop up recently in the press – well this is what it’s all about.

I’m pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. We’re very excited about it at the studio and I wanted to let you know that most of the team behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution is already working hard on this new game. It took us four years to learn how to create a unique Deus Ex experience with Human Revolution and it was important for me to keep this knowledge within the franchise.

I want to leave you with a piece of concept art from our next-gen Deus Ex game that shows trans-humanism segregation, which is a backdrop to our vision for the next Deus Ex. It represents a "ghetto-city' voluntarily built in order to separate the classes. The people in this segregated class have reshaped their environment, nostalgic for their ideal of Cyber Renaissance. This dark and dystopian vision sets the tone for things to come in Deus Ex.

For now, I hope you are excited about the future of this game that we love so much. Deus Ex is coming to next-gen, it’s early so don’t expect to hear much more from us just yet, but I wanted you to know.
Deus Ex Universe? Sounds kind of popamole. Considering the fortunes of Square Enix these days, I hope they aren't forced to milk the franchise to death. No word yet on whether that Human Revolution Director's Cut will cost any money on PC for people who already own the original game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
When I first heard about the name Deus Ex Universe I tought: Jesus, they are making a DOTA clone on the Deus Ex Universe, there is no limit to the rape potential.:lol: Then, based on the Eidos Montreal declaration, they are going to do with Deus Ex something like Ubisoft do with Assassin creed, milk to the point of irrelevance. I don't know why they need to do a declaration about something that is AAA publishing 101.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, this is more like the thing Bioware did with ME3, cross-marketing it across several platforms with the main console game and the iPhone app which showed the state of the galaxy or whatever the hell that thing was. It's the latest AAA trend.

Mantic

Educated
DX Universe sounds like an MMO title

Also I hate the prequel setting and it's piss filter, bring back the blue!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yesh cant wait to play this shit on mah WIIPAD-thing

wooo

Athelas

Arcane
Is there a franchise left that Eidos hasn't raped/milked/aborted?

Mantic

Educated
Is there a franchise left that Eidos hasn't raped/milked/aborted?
Those weren't rapes, just some heavy petting. When Square rapes it's like FF treatment, just wait for "my vision is augmented" official sunglasses and Jensen dolls that say "I didn't ask for this" when you push their tummy.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Deus Ex Universe sounds like a mainstream MMORPG. Yet another dumbed down series like Assassins Creed... No thanks.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
5c256922633dc33c17d2de2cfc67be1e.gif

Tigranes

Arcane
DX Universe: What every major media franchise has done for the last 20 years.

Hormalakh

Magister
man and i just finished deus ex like 5 minutes ago. way to ruin something so beautiful.

although ... if you think about it, the whole thing is very meta - an onslaught of "marketing" to gather the sheep towards furthering corporate interests so that one day the Deus Ex Universe will be reality...

Cassidy

Arcane
Sandra Renton: "Oh my God! Deus Ex..."

JC Denton: "What a shame..."

Sandra Renton: "It can't really be... There must be something we can do."

JC Denton "It was a good series... What a rotten way to die."

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
the public will be happy to know that plans are already underway to massively overexpose this classic brand we once demonstrated adequate stewardship of. the road to publishing content with such thrilling subtitles as universe, revenge and revelations is a rocky one, but we'll walk that path for our board members.

Drowed

Arcane
"The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games."

(...)" will include PC and console games."

(...)"available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books"(...)

That's just too much.

Tigranes

Arcane
Still waiting for the Deus Ex - Dishonoured - Thief - Alpha Protocol - Bioshock crossover comic book where the Dishonoured dude blinks across 700 years and befriends Garrett to expose an evil conspiracy of the Hammerites but are defeated and have to travel 600 years forward in time to a period when the Hammerites have achieved global domination in the name of Sarif Inc., and are just about to unveil their newest utopian technology of an underwater city

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom