Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence May Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

The May update for Age of Decadence is out, once again a couple of weeks too late. This one's a lot about the city of Ganezzar, which is currently in production. It might not be what you expect:

Notice the dock for the flying ships to the right. Speaking of flying ships, technically, what we have is not a flying ship but a flying fortress.

161221.jpg

Schedule

So, we released 16 locations out of 22 so far. Our plan is to work on Ganezzar, Al-Akia, and the Hangar in June (visuals & writing) and July (scripting), start the beta test at the end of July, test for 4 weeks and release. It seems realistic. Testing Maadoran took 8 weeks, but we had 7 locations there and substantial system and combat changes.

The remaining 3 locations (aka the Endgame content) will be released at the end of September. At that point the content of the game will be done and all that will be left is to tweak and polish, which shouldn't take longer than a month. Either way by that time the game will be fully playable from start to finish and available to the Early Access crowd whose support has been invaluable.
So, that means the new estimated release date for Age of Decadence is October. Check out the full update for more information about the evolution of the flying fortress concept, and for a dialog sample with Athanasius, one of Ganezzar's ambitious inhabitants.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
AoD release date estimates roflmao

I like the screenshots, p. good job there.

I'm actually fine with the fluctuating dates since we at least get updates that show continual progress and increasing polish. Unlike other games with a long development timeline... <cough> ... Grimoire ... <cough>...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Looks great! Remembering what the game used to look like and how much progress has been made (2009 and previous):

aodcombat2_1.jpg

3a.jpg

2005_0000.jpg
:salute:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh shit, that last screenshot!

Anyway, keep up the good work, guys :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Potential release dates:
October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.

Which of these Thursdays will be graced to become The One Thursday? Time will tell.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Better visuals were sorely needed, so good on you.

(In before someone starts a gameplay > graphics debate; fuck that guy.)

Septaryeth

Augur
Been keeping my hands off from early access, but it's so tempting after trying out the demo.

I thought the final beta test is going to take 3 months at least, and possibly 4 months due to the large number of paths and options?
So shouldn't that be somewhere November, and maybe December?

Well, as long as it's not 2015...

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Haha awesome, had no idea AoD was going to include elements of sci-fi in the backdrop. Can't wait for this.

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
If Aod comes out before Grimoire, does it mean we can finally hammer in the last nail and bury the neanderthal and his supposed game? Isn't it time we gave those "gifts" back to to the earth from whence they came?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I thought the final beta test is going to take 3 months at least, and possibly 4 months due to the large number of paths and options?
Keep in mind that the first 16 locations have already been tested, which makes things much easier. Sure, we need to test Teron's different stages after you leave and come back, but that's a very minor thing.

Overall, the most time-consuming and hardest to script locations are the towns as that's where we have all the interwoven questlines, branches, options, multiple stages, reactions, etc. It's a pain to script, especially when you have an NPC like Gaelius who is involved in many different questlines and there are many different reasons for you to talk to him. When you have to script 3 different dialogues, it's one thing. When you have 8-11 variations, it's another.

So, Ganezzar is the last big challenge but so far we're on schedule and made good progress. I'd say it's half done at the moment.

'Lesser' locations like the Hangar or even Hellgate can be scripted with 95% accuracy and tested by the developers as there are no different guilds and a multitude of NPCs there. They are fairly focused and even if you have a good number of options there, it's still a breeze compared to the towns.

Thus, we're planning to take a month testing Ganezzar and a month testing the endgame (where it involves the towns).

So shouldn't that be somewhere November, and maybe December?
We're aiming for Nov. Ideally, we'll stick with the schedule and have everything ready by the end of September and then take a month to tweak and polish and add a few more NPCs here and there.

Vault Dweller

Developer
From another discussion:

"I'm not sure there is enough interest. We can probably sell 70-100 boxed copies, but the quality I want requires a run of at least a 1000. I don't see us selling that much."

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
how much cross-zone reactivity is there?
e.g. kill a dude in town A, be recognized as killer of that dude in town B.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh my god those screens. So awesome!

From another discussion:

"I'm not sure there is enough interest. We can probably sell 70-100 boxed copies, but the quality I want requires a run of at least a 1000. I don't see us selling that much."

So, how many copies sold in total at this point?

Vault Dweller

Developer
how much cross-zone reactivity is there?
e.g. kill a dude in town A, be recognized as killer of that dude in town B.
Um, a lot? You can't have proper consequences/reactivity if it's all local. We have a lot of 'cross-zone' checks in the game.

Some examples: If you double-cross a loremaster in town A, he will flee and resurface in town C as a trusted adviser to a local lord, making your life there needlessly complicated. If you make a deal with a raiders' leader (instead of killing him), you can use his name to intimidate another gang of raiders in one location and it changes another location (if you kill the raider, you'll deal with the oracle and his followers, otherwise, the raiders will make their way there and enslave them - you can buy a few slaves from him though and sacrifice them). If you negotiate a peace between the Imperial Guards and a local lord in town A, you can use this alliance in town C as a quest solution, etc.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
From another discussion:

Does it mean you want it to include a vinyl OST? :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom