Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Beta live at Gamescom 2014

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

It's the first day of Gamescom, the premier European videogames convention. Twitch's representatives there decided to devote some time to Paradox Interactive today. One of the Paradox-published games they got to see was Pillars of Eternity, played by none other than Josh Sawyer and Adam Brennecke. It's actually the game's beta, the same one which will be released to backers on the 18th:

Watch Adam get his ass kicked by beetles!

Update: Here's another beta gameplay video published today on the German site Golem.de:

It looks like Josh gave Adam some advice this time, as he gets a bit farther despite the video being shorter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, that was short. But keep watching, they're showing Runemaster now.

Athelas

Arcane
They probably cut the session short to spare themselves further embarassment. :M

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Beetles vs Adam 2-0
That was kinda embarassing:M

Last edited:
Buahahaha! He died to the beetles! Twice! In a Row! He looked so sad and ashamed in the end! Those eyes trying to desperately break a contact! Buahahaha!

:bravo:

By the way: music and lore skill looks good.

Shadenuat

Arcane
MCA & wolves, Adam & beetles, now somebody else at Obsi should die to a party of random xvarts and we will have full set.

Well, hurrah for high difficulty!

Ulrox

Arbiter
This game looks incredible! Soo looking forward to trying it out! :)

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The interviewer seems like he doesn't know shit about video games.

Weasel
MCA & wolves, Adam & beetles, now somebody else at Obsi should die to a party of random xvarts and we will have full set.
I'm guessing one of their well-known colleagues first played BG1 with a mage and was immediately killed by a rat. He's been on a mission to 'fix' level 1 mages ever since... :P

norolim

Arcane
Well, this short gameplay got me more excited for the game, than any video they released before. Adam was definitelly stressed out, but Pillars sure looks like a difficult game. Nice.
My only worry is that they'll panic and make it much easier after that. Please, don't Obsidian.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Watching Adam get his ass kicked, it seems like every character should have a once per encounter withdraw ability. Something just to get out of engagement, but lose control of the character for a round.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Well, this short gameplay got me more excited for the game, than any video they released before. Adam was definitelly stressed out, but Pillars sure looks like a difficult game. Nice.
My only worry is that they'll panic and make it much easier after that. Please, don't Obsidian.

It did but keep in mind Adam would make any game look difficult. That said, I'd be surprised if expert difficulty wasn't a good challenge even for people familiar with this type of game.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Why doesn't Josh demonstrate the gameplay? Probably would have gotten to see the Ogre if he was the one playing.

LarsWestergren

Educated
> My only worry is that they'll panic and make it much easier after that. Please, don't Obsidian.

> Watching Adam get his ass kicked, it seems like every character should have a once per encounter withdraw ability.

Make up your mind, Codex. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom