Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A suggestion one year later...

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Snuffles said:
Is undertaker a sockpuppet then? I could really admire a lurker so commited to the lurking cause that they post once a year.

This is so stupid.

Don't be an idiot. Anyone who honestly thinks that someone here fears the almighty Codex powers-that-be to the extent that they would fake their identity is either a dumbfuck or takes this site way to seriously. Nobody seems to have a problem telling Exitium to fuck himself any other day of the week, so why would today be different?

PS - I have posted at RPGdot.com 2 times in 4 years of reading that site regularly. And I am a real person not some pussy admin afraid to post under his real name.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wow. One year ago I was the most hated poster even by Exitium himself. Now Exitium seems to have taken that honour.

What's hiliarious is I was bashed because I dared to defend BIO a lot which Exitium hated big time yet he now seems to do himself.

What's also funny is that VD is the coolest guy on thei site!

And, as for those Volo Bashers, suck it.

That is all. :twisted:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"If you were to post less it would really help with my perception of your intelligence level"

Take your own advice. You may have far less posts than Ex or myself; but even that limited number shows your stupidity as shown by the quote.

Next.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
11-dance.gif

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
fnordcircle said:
If a game isn't true turn-based and isometric it's most likely going to get panned here in a transparently knee-jerk reaction.

In my opinion Rpgcodex.com is a hang out for people who hate change.

I don't hate change. I hate things being the same. I hate the fact that the vast, VAST majority of CRPGs out there in production are real time with pause game OR are first person shooter style CRPGs. I hate the fact that most of the things that used to be standard faire in CRPGs are now "too hard" for large developers to do, but you can get some guy working out of his basement doing those things in under a year's time. I also hate that CRPGs have to be made with licenses or standard fantasy settings with little to no diversity allowed.

In fact, given the situation now, change is pretty much a DEMAND.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is in covering console RPGs, if only to point out how horribly dumbed down some of them are. But if you guys aren't going to cover them, fine, but as long as this site focuses on niche aspects of a broad genre and despises anything but a narrow featureset, expect to continue to have a niche audience.[.quote]

Those people can enjoy the fun filled extravaganza of GAMEFAQS.COM. I'd rather this place be slow on posting than have the slow posters of that place.

I'm not saying that's bad, I like the Codex as it is plenty fine, but it's not somewhere that I come looking for opinions because most of the opinions here are shit. Sorry, but some of you will hate 'The Fall' and Oblivion on principle either because you are on some holy crusade or because it dares call itself an RPG while having real-time combat. THE HORROR>

It'd be different if there were a mix of real time CRPGs and other types of combat CRPGs on the market, but there's not. I don't mind playing Sacred or Diablo 2, so it's not hating real time at all. It is hating the fact that such things seem to be a requirement in the eyes of publishers these days.

What happenned back int he mid1990s when all CRPGs, for the most part, were D&D games using Gold Box Engine #4? Stagnation. That's what's happenning right now. We're on the cusp of the event repeating itself.

As for The Fall, I think there's a number of better reasons than the combat time keeping that will make it suck, like Silver Style's inability to make a 3D engine game that runs on modern computers even though it looks like crap compared to other 3D engine games on the market.

plin

Liturgist
Maybe I'm the most hated now. Or maybe I'm too insignificant to be hated that much.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Don't worry, you're still my most hated poster."

Good. Was worried I had lost all my fanboys. :D

It would have forced me to try harder. :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom