Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview A truly idiotic Fallout 3 article - read it your own risk

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Escapist said:
Mr. Handy calls you a stupid git behind your back
Mr. Handy is the droid "living" in the Washington DC underground, right? He keeps reminding me of Bender and HK-47. Make up something original, Bethesda!

Shannow

Waster of Time
un-be-fucking-lievable:
After the success of milk chocolate and dark chocolate Bethesda have decided to make chocolate 3, also known as shit. It is brown, so it is still chocolate. It has a similar consistence, so it is still chocolate. It smells a little different, but it is still chocolate. And believe me, as soon as you take the first bite out of it you will realise that the old chocolate tastes bad and is vitually inedible. As soon as you've tasted shit you wont want to eat anything else!

I usually don't really care what they write. I wont buy BOS2 anyway, but starting to demean the old Fallouts just to hype their pile of shit really goes too far.

Kotario

Liturgist
Waterchip dug this little fact up. Russ Pitts, associate editor of the Escapist, was the one responsible for this article. In his long and distinguished career at the Escapist, he was also responsible for writing "I'm Evil", which is an article about plants in online communities. An excerpt from that article:
Mr. Russ Pitts said:
These kinds of conversations are the stuff of legend in the advertising community. Getting a consumer so excited about your product that he'll tell others to buy it is essentially free advertising, and the most effective form besides. Marketers call it "buzz," and they track it as religiously as brokers follow the stock ticker. They even try to create it, by sending trained salespeople, or "shills" into places where normal people congregate in order to get those normal people talking about their product. These days, the tactic has moved online.

dragonfk

Erudite
Re: A truly idiotic Fallout 3 article - read it your own ris

Vault Dweller said:
<a>interesting article</a>:

<font><b>a new Fallout made like the originals would be largely unplayable, and deeply disappointing.</b></font>
Aaarghhhh My Eyes, My Eyes!! They Are Melting!!

sabishii

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
It says that the original Fallout world was dead and static because of the technology limitations, and quickly explains how these two aspects will be improved by Bethesda - this time quests will have consequences! And NPCs will be truly alive!
Great - I'm looking forward to massive improvements in the main two areas Bethesda has proven it cannot achieve.

Aardwark

Novice

Vault Dweller said:
<a>The Escapist</a> has boldly joined the "Who's the biggest moron" competition with this <a>interesting article</a>:

After all, a lot of PC games from that era felt "isolated" merely because they were. The technology didn't yet exist to create living, breathing worlds.
Post-nuclear worlds aren't supposed to be living and breathing, they should be dead and suffocating.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Escapist is one of the shitties sites ever. And it's doubly dangerous because some people think that tiny, unreadable font + gay layout makes the site non-mainstream and original.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Comedy goldmine. Too bad it seems to have been intended to be serious.

Texas Red

Whiner
IS THERE ANYONE LEFT WITH A SENSE OF MORALITY WHO ISNT YET BRIBED?! What is this world we live in where everyone is a scumbag with no ethical views?

What next? VD writing a 9.5/10 FOblivion review?

cuthbert

Novice
Is this the new plan oblivion fanboys are coming up with to ensure their favorite developer gets as many fans and retards to buy this game? Discrediting the previous games as dated or a shell of what developers wanted to do or were able to do because of technical limitations. It's not enough that they're embracing the game with open arms and with no objective criticism but they half to bad mouth one of the best games ever created (look at any major websites best pc games of all time and its always at the top,this isn't a passing nod but acknowledgment of a great fucking game). This dumbfuck needs to be called out on his stupid shit before its spreads like a virus to other outlets.

P.S. Now that i think about it, a lot of the previews i've seen have implied that the previous games are outdated and couldn't be updated so they welcome the changes, it might be too late.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
I'm simply concerned about Bethsoft putting their love into the game. I'd really rather they kept to programming.

psycojester

Arbiter
And any dissenting opinion is simply fallout trolls :roll:
Because even if its factual rather than opinion its still just trolling if it comes from fallout fans

callehe

Liturgist
wow, this just breaks all records of stupidity. Not even the facts are correct, good job escapist!

Are there any website left with a shred of decency out there? Fuck, really the Codex seems to be the only place left to go for some balanced news on games.

Zomg

Arbiter
The Death to the Video Game Industry bit early in the run was good. Then things kind of degenerated with every article being about Second Life, Eve Online or grrl gamers. I guess they're going terminal now trying to harmonize with your typical jerkoff game journalism websites.

Deleted member 7219

Hahaha! Oh, that's one of the funniest things I've read in ages.

Rei

Novice
He says it's outdated but he doesn't say why. It's an old game, obviously it's outdated. I bet if you sit the motherfucker down and ask him what needs to be improved other then the visuals he wont be able to put his finger on it. Why? Because he hasn't played the damn game.

Either Beth producers haven't taken the time to figure out what made Fallout a good game or their developing team just doesn't have a shred of creativity left. They're taking something clever and making it unclever.

"Post-nuclear worlds aren't supposed to be living and breathing, they should be dead and suffocating."

Damn strait.

I don't know why you're all so upset people, it is quite clear to me that this article is the ultimate form of parody, no more real than VD's Mass Effect interview. Isn't that why the magazine is called "the Escapist"?

Koby

Scholar
Fallout3 will be the best strategy/adventure/simulation/fighting/FPS/sport/role-playing game.

*Edit

Oops if forgot to mention a few things.

Fallout3 will be the best next-gen multiplatform strategy/adventure/simulation/fighting/FPS/sport/role-playing game.

I think I got it all now.

Koby said:
Fallout3 will be the best strategy/adventure/simulation/fighting/FPS/sport/role-playing game.
The expansion will also contain puzzle elements and electrolytes!

Koby

Scholar
Futile Rhetoric said:
Koby said:
The expansion will also contain puzzle elements and electrolytes!
Wow, fallout3 really does get better with every passing moment.

Man, these Bethesda gays really are on top of their shit.

fastpunk

Arbiter

Vault Dweller said:
The degree to which the Bethesda team remained faithful to the word of Fallout is staggering, as is the level of detail and ... there's no other word for it ... "love" put into the game.</blockquote>Unbe-fucking-lievable. That's all I have to say.

This paragraph is golden! A fine example of professional gaming journalism.

The level of detail and faithfulness is staggering, their talent unprecedented and their love for money, pardon me, Fallout... is unlimited!!!

zioburosky13

Educated
"a new Fallout made like the originals would be largely unplayable, and deeply disappointing."

Okie asshole. Civ series, Simcity series, The sim series, all have the same gameplay, camera angle, 'story', style. They all have ISOMETRIC CAMERA (by default) while able to keep the same gameplay intact., yet still able to sell million of copies.

By retard for retard, I say. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom