Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A windy story game

Otay

Bramble Gate Studios Original
Developer
Patch 1.2.2d is out.

A guy I met on vrchat has become a loyal tester, keeps finding bugs that my Sickass Speedrun Strats never find

For example on 1.2.2c if youre not praying in etzland theres a chance you fight an empty mob (a monster name changed and defaulted to none) which puts you in a bugged combat state, preventing all future encounters lol

I've written a routine to check for empty enemy types, so if this happens again I'll probably catch it.

Otay

Developer
wtf happened to the avatars on this site?

Working on adding new items:

e1.png

e4.png

Otay

Developer
These items look sick. What do those bombs do?
How many items will there be in game? Have anything weird planned?

wtf happened to the avatars on this site?
Check user feedback.

The 'bombs' are supposed to be magic charms. They do look like cool bombs tho.

Here is the current plan, subject to change:

Kamita Charm, Bayuta Charm
iX0UbhJ.png
zf95VxA.png

- Named after two of my banned Diablo 2 sorceresses
- Part of a ritual recipe at a Haxlyn shrine for permanent elemental damage increase

Faerie Bones
zOvCrS7.png

- Ritual recipe for a shrine (undecided location) for permanent health increase

Eluvi Charm
HhKV2Ng.png

- Named after my banned Diablo 2 farcast javazon
- Ritual recipe ingredient for permanent dodge rating increase

Nettle Roots
OjBUnon.png

- Unique drop, fairly uncommon, equippable to any hero for +60 accuracy, and +60% physical damage

Harrier Claws
qwPhptP.png

- Ritual recipe ingredient for permanent mana increase

Unnamed ritual ingredient
jf5zZqd.png

- ???

Zogi's Anchor
0WJXSRU.png

- Unique drop, very rare, equippable to any hero for +50% mana, +3 hp regeneration

The long term plan:
- Create ritual ingredients for 8 rituals
---- System is already etablished in code
---- Still need more item graphics
---- Still need six more shrines in 3d world
- Create unique equipable items
---- System is not implemented, still needs user interface to allow players to equip items
---- Items need to support attributes modifiers
- Create randomly generated items
---- Prototype for random attribute assignment is complete, design may need some revision, code needs to be reimplemented (I started my codebase over and havent done this yet)

Last edited:

Otay

Developer
Just added all the items above to the game, decided to call the purple bottle "Swamp Husks"

faerie-bones.png

Pretty sweet to see them drop in game

items_are_cool.gif

Otay

Developer
How did you get banned? Duping Stones?
Usually when you get banned, theres an indication for why. Like if your CDKey is banned, it says its banned when you log in. If your account is banned for botting, it says "Account closed (8)" or something. When your entire IP is banned, it quickly says "Unable to connect" every time you try to log in.

I somehow got banned (or bugged?) in a new way, where it says "You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please Reconnect." which apparently means my ISP got blacklisted. So in spite of many many years of botting, I think I never actually got caught, I think they blocked my ISP possibly by accident. I wasnt botting at the time I was banned, it had been two years since I stopped botting, I was just logging in to keep them alive. Same thing happened to tons of people last year and theres a lot of posts complaining about it on the forums. I miss my characters very much.

a11.png

2.png

3x.png

4x.png

5x.png

6x.png

a6.png

z7.png

zx3.png

i was studying these characters and their mechanics systematically

and i had a melee sorc that could solo uber tristram

Risque.png

Screenshot050.jpg

Screenshot048.jpg

rest in peace team, i miss you

icon_crying.gif
heart.png

Otay

Developer
woah you really played a lot huh

Is that a lvl 79 hardcore character? Must have been nerve wracking. Did you PK a lot?
i mostly just botted diablo

i liked hardcore classic ladder and softcore expansion ladder the most

for me what was fun was setting up the bots, and studying the mechanics, and hustling on d2jsp

a lot of the feeling of that process is now in ROTT, the way characters are "set up" with glyphs and then can "automatically" sweep the enemy team via the turbo button

ROTT also currently lets you buy multiple teams with gold/gems, which currently does nothing, but in some future update youll be able to assign them to shrine activities, which yield hyper glyph bonuses and item rewards, based on that team's statistics and history. (At this point you'll have an incentive to explore and create a diverse number of builds to contribute to passive boosts to your actively controlled team, very diablo 2 bot-like mechanics)

Otay

Developer
this is going to be the new game intro page for now, if any of yall have donated and want to be on the list let me know what name you want shown here

GAME.png

Otay

Developer
The original plan for the October 10th update was to release 1.3.0 adding the new Haxlyn areas, but since we finally have people testing the game, and since my health sucks and ive been stressed about having lost my job, ive decided to postpone Haxlyn for November.

The official plan now for the update next week is to focus on polish and presentation. So far that includes everything in the list below.

- We have signs now marking WIP areas
- We have some new items added for future shrine rituals
- We have an intro screen
--- Describes the current state of the project
--- Thanks our donors
- We have new magic abilities in the 3D world for gliding and stomping
- We have a revised intro dialog
- Fixed lots of minor bugs, polished some sound effects

Really proud of how its turning out, especially how you can now tell in game what direction its growing in. Feel like I've washed off a layer shame through this round of polish.

I've also lost interest in pursuing the mouse and keyboard input for now, because PS4 controllers turned out to work, and im not as desperate for people to play now that i have people like Xenopher playing the shit out of my game.

but one day keyboard & mouse will probably come

rating_salute.gif

Otay

Developer
We officially have speedrun leaderboards on a speedrunning site!
https://www.speedrun.com/rott

Which turned out beautiful!
(Some easy world records up for grabs right now)

speedruns.png

New version 1.2.3 dropped yesterday, not very exciting, but adds a nice layer of much needed polish. I've been in too much pain to work much.

As always downloads are free, donations optional.
https://otay.itch.io/realm-of-the-tempest

And I am still looking for the following roles, all of which will earn you a spot in the opening credits with a big thank you. (No commitment required, volunteer at your convenience)

• Community Manager
--- Moderate discord, moderate speedrun submissions, organize community events.

• Wiki Organizer
--- Keep the wiki up to date, play the game, work with QA Team and me to get game info and assets, organize information on the wiki.

• QA Team
--- Play the game, report bugs on discord. ♥

• Social Content Coordinator
--- Organize and update ROTT's social media content (Twitter, instagram, etc.) Plan and coordinate some promotional events with community manager(s) and me.

• Web Team
--- Help with the development of ROTT's website(s).

If you havent joined us on discord, come have some fun with us!
https://discord.gg/cmTyGgj

AdolfSatan

Arcane
The codex thrives on autism, I don't think this is the right place to look for social media management.

Already ordered my 360 controller. Waiting for it and some free time to give this bad boy a ride.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Otay It's a busy time of the year. Stygian, Disco Elysium and The Outer Worlds all release back to back. (Then I have two SaGa games coming up, so everyone's attention is elsewhere.

Otay

Developer
Otay It's a busy time of the year. Stygian, Disco Elysium and The Outer Worlds all release back to back. (Then I have two SaGa games coming up, so everyone's attention is elsewhere.
I'm just joking around about the brofists

z6RCdKJ.gif

The codex thrives on autism, I don't think this is the right place to look for social media management.

Already ordered my 360 controller. Waiting for it and some free time to give this bad boy a ride.
what kind did you get? i forget if i mentioned this but the cheap $20 controller i bought was t.r.a.s.h

Otay

Developer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom