Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Taluntain, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Lord Carlos Wafflebum Aspiring Infinitron Patron

Lord Carlos Wafflebum
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Taluntain. You've outdone yourself. I LOVE the Homeland Security ads encouraging patriots to report suspicious activity to their friendly neighborhood counter-intelligence agents.

You sir are the most red-blooded of Americans. I salute you for your efforts to protect freedom and liberty. You truly deserve some sort of congressional medal.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. Mech Cipher

Mech
    Omg fix your shit ads. Keep getting ones that take the focus away from the reply window so I can't even type. (On a mobile device). I had to type this in a different app and then copy and paste it quickly to even be able to post this. Started in the last day or two. Stupid ass pops up about how my chrome needs update and I should call a toll free number for a FREE PC SCAN.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    What, you can't close it?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Mech Cipher

Mech
    Nope

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    How about being a little more descriptive, possibly including a screenshot? Does the ad not have a close button or doesn't it work or what?

^ Top  
  6. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Just wanted to share that. Those ads these days..

^ Top  
  7. Necroscope Arcane

Necroscope
    Codex 2014
    [​IMG]
    What is this shit? I'm not even Russian.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Looks quite personalized to me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Russian beauties don't discriminate.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    what is this fucking shit? It's especially fun on mobile
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    lolwut

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    I don't understand. Is it funny?
    I fully expect to be trying to wipe my shit-covered asshole one day and touch a holographic ad by accident and having to watch a 2 minute clip with a dead Mr. Bean before continuing with wiping.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Unless anyone else is seeing that anomaly (if you are, post here), it must be due to something on your end, either your browser or some addon doing that. I've never seen something like that happen yet.

^ Top  
  14. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    One of the ads goes on top of the alert list.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    As long as it's just that one I won't bother hunting it down since alerts shouldn't be obstructed on any other page but the forum index... and there's a very low chance of getting the same ad there if you refresh.

^ Top  
  16. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Codex USB, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. So, for how long have you been partnered with these cunts that provide fullscreen ads for xenforo... you cunts?
    Kinda obnoxious, don't you think?

^ Top  
  18. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Ads are still geo-targeted so we don't know what you're seeing. Post a screenshot.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. I was over at my friends' house when I posted that, whenever I'd open any other thread the page background would turn black (as opposed to default gray) and show an ad banner in the middle of the screen with a counter in the top right corner saying you have 20 seconds before you can skip the ad.

Closing the tab and re-opening it would do the trick. I cannot replicate it on my home PC even in incognito mode with all extensions turned off. Maybe the problem is with his PC.
    P.S.: I was using chrome

^ Top  
  20. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    By default we don't have any kind of takeover ads like that in place to my knowledge so it could be something on his end. Though they could also be just part of a single campaign, so unlikely to be seen often.

^ Top  
  21. Tinkerer Novice

Tinkerer
    I got two of pop-over ads on mobile during the last week that immediately redirect me to an ad site upon loading a forum page, i.e. without clicking/tapping on anything (the Larian forum in this case). I got the ads while not being logged in.

Screenshot (blacked out part is my ISP name, "spelling" is original):
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Tapping "close" just continues loading the ad site. The browser's back button returns me to the site I visited before the codex in that tab, rather than to the codex itself.

Target url (XXXXXX is my ISP name):
    Code:
    http://ah1.en.jambalaya.com-wonderful-promotional-gadget.trade/h1-v379-en-c/index.html?isp=XXXXXX&model=iPod%20Touch&voluumdata=BASE64dmlkLi4wMDAwMDAwMy1mYjgxLTRiOGItODAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBfX3ZwaWQuLjU0YzNjODAwLWMyODMtMTFlNi04NmZiLTM1Y2U4YzU2NDIzY19fY2FpZC4uYjMwZmFjZGYtZWRiMC00NGY2LWJlOTctYTU3NjNiMjc1N2U2X19ydC4uREpfX2xpZC4uYzZkZjA4MzEtNTA2ZC00OWFkLThkNmQtYTA1Nzk1ZWM2NTYxX19vaWQxLi45ZGJiY2MzYS03YjUzLTRmZTctYTJjYi05OTM5ZjAwYjRkNDJfX3ZhcjEuLjEzMDE2MzE5Nl9fdmFyMi4ucnBnY29kZXhcLlxjb21fX3JkLi5fX2FpZC4uX19hYi4uX19zaWQuLg&siteid=130163196&sitedomain=rpgcodex.com&clickid=wSHGC56QPLPUD5R1H2KS0G2U

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Thanks for the report, I've added that domain to the list of blocked ones, but I'm not sure if the ad provider is the correct one since I couldn't find the actual ad in the system. If you're still seeing it after a couple of hours and clearing of your cache, please let me know and I'll dig deeper.

^ Top  
  23. Tinkerer Novice

Tinkerer
    Thanks!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Tinkerer Novice

Tinkerer
    I has been selected as winner again :/

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

URL:
    Code:
    http://ah1.en.jambalaya.com-wonderful-promotional-gadget.trade/h1-v379-en-c/index.html?isp=>ISP-NAME>&model=iPod%20Touch&<IP-ADDRESS>voluumdata=BASE64dmlkLi4wMDAwMDAwNi01NjZjLTRhNzItODAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBfX3ZwaWQuLjgwMGNiODAwLWNiOWQtMTFlNi04ZTdjLTFkZGY2YTQ0MzkxNF9fY2FpZC4uYjMwZmFjZGYtZWRiMC00NGY2LWJlOTctYTU3NjNiMjc1N2U2X19ydC4uRF9fbGlkLi5jNmRmMDgzMS01MDZkLTQ5YWQtOGQ2ZC1hMDU3OTVlYzY1NjFfX29pZDEuLjlkYmJjYzNhLTdiNTMtNGZlNy1hMmNiLTk5MzlmMDBiNGQ0Ml9fdmFyMS4uMTMwMTYzMTk2X192YXIyLi5ycGdjb2RleFwuXGNvbV9fcmQuLl9fYWlkLi5fX2FiLi5fX3NpZC4u&siteid=130163196&sitedomain=rpgcodex.com&clickid=w165K878S2F79R32193E05UM 
    This time I first got a Taptalk pop-up ad which I successfully cancelled. Then, after scrolling down, I got the above thing again.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Tinkerer Novice

Tinkerer
    Another one this morning (also after first dismissing a Tapatalk pop-up ad; maybe it's related):
    Code:
    http://ah1.en.beesknees.com-come-get-your-reward.pw/h1-v379-en-c/index.html?isp=<ISP-NAME>&model=iPod%20Touch&<IP-ADDRESS>&voluumdata=BASE64dmlkLi4wMDAwMDAwMi0xNGMxLTQ2NTctODAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBfX3ZwaWQuLjE1NDE5ODAwLWNjMDItMTFlNi04OGNiLTM4NWY4N2JmNzdjMV9fY2FpZC4uYjMwZmFjZGYtZWRiMC00NGY2LWJlOTctYTU3NjNiMjc1N2U2X19ydC4uREpfX2xpZC4uNjIyZDM1ZjUtNjdlNC00YjAzLTg0NzQtNDgwY2EwZTAyMmE5X19vaWQxLi5kNTU1YzJjYS0wNGY2LTRhMWYtYmIzMi1kNWFjNTA2OTA0Y2JfX3ZhcjEuLjEzMDE2MzE5Nl9fdmFyMi4ucnBnY29kZXhcLlxjb21fX3JkLi5fX2FpZC4uX19hYi4uX19zaWQuLg&siteid=130163196&sitedomain=rpgcodex.com&clickid=w1UTUR3UBOPIH74211MU5NE2

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.