Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

stray

Learned
I actually preordered it awhile back... but then canceled. Maybe I'll still get it eventually. I had to curb my enthusiasm though. It's probably going to be more FO3 than NV. And this robot story sounds more like Bioware shit... if that's what it is.

Not to mention action rpg games are just bad lately... worse than usual.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nope. Why would I waste my time playing something I know I'm not gonna like? It's not even worth pirating, for me.

Last edited:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
1. I will buy it and play it to death and agree with all the other posters on the World Wide Web that make it GAME OF THE YEAR.

2. Enjoy seeing a bunch of people in the Codex Steam group also playing it.

3. Later on, I won't start a thread saying Fallout 4 was crap after playing it for 100+ hours.

4. Already settled in my mind it will be a poor RPG but decent game.

Buy it = when on sale - I don't buy games on full price - I aint no retard

pippin

When Bethesda did FO3 at least they tried to create a Fallout-ish atmosphere. Now, I feel this game really has nothing to do with Fallout even at a fanfic level. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing Wasteland 2 when this comes out.

Mech

Cipher
Fallout NV may be a fuller fleshed game, but FO3 is much more fun.
And yes, your definition of fun is the uncommon one. Deal with it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
how sad your life has to be when you're a high-powered lawyer to make fun of a third-world teenager on the codex?
I'm only medium-powered... yet still happy to make fun of lonely teens.

Amn Nom

Learned
Why would I? The only real draw I see is being able to make a female character. This year we had GTA 5 on PC and the Witcher 3 in the open world department. Later this year in console land we have Xenoblade X, which also has said female option in singleplayer. CRPG wise we have Hong Kong, Neo Scavenger, Telepath Tactics, Serpants in the Staglands, Pillars of Eternity, Victor Vran, Van Helsing: Final Cut, Original Sin: Enhanced, and Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. Oblivion/Fallout 3/Skyrim had the benefit of coming out in the midst of a decline, so they stood out for lack of better options. Now that there is a LOT of competition there is no reason to even consider it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why would I? The only real draw I see is being able to make a female character.

Person of new fag persuasion you could play as womyn in F01 and F02 already... and to be honest unlike the F03 and even FNV it was not cosmethic choice back then. As to this inane poll goes I will check it out from Russians if the reviews on KKKodex will say its worth time of L1berating from premises.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I chose grudgingly "buy" it after release since it's my duty as a Fallout fanatic - plus I might review it so there is that. I've played POS so it can't hurt that bad. Fallout 3 is so bad it makes my head hurt. Surely Fallout 4 is at least better than that? Skyrim was fun to putz around in for a few hours or so. The illusions of it being a real RPG like the old games are gone. Even my friends that don't play hardcore RPG's admit it isn't a RPG. So if you go in knowing that the franchise as you know it is dead, it's not really a RPG, it's more of a FPS power trip - then you may be able to enjoy the ride. Those who claim modding can save it are delusional. You had to use well over 100 mods to make Fallout 3 playable, and that was still a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I've been told Underrail is a suitable replacement to fill the whole that Fallout has left behind, but I'm waiting for that one to be completed.

Amn Nom

Learned
Person of new fag persuasion you could play as womyn in F01 and F02 already... and to be honest unlike the F03 and even FNV it was not cosmethic choice back then. As to this inane poll goes I will check it out from Russians if the reviews on KKKodex will say its worth time of L1berating from premises.
It has nothing to do with previous entries not having the feature, they obviously did (being able to whore yourself out as a female and all), more like one of those things that plays a part in my decision making of whether to buy a game.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I actually bought Oblivion, Fallout: 3, and Skyrim, but they completely lost me when they had a voiced protagonist. I did buy Skyrim heavily discounted, though. Nah, not even a discounted purchase. One of the things I can't stand in gaming is a voiced character in an RPG.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually bought Oblivion, Fallout: 3, and Skyrim, but they completely lost me when they had a voiced protagonist. I did buy Skyrim heavily discounted, though. Nah, not even a discounted purchase. One of the things I can't stand in gaming is a voiced character in an RPG.

What you expect when modern games are sold to saps who hate the games and want power trip/wanking simulator instead? I would rather watch movie (even Hollywood is still above when it comes to animations and voice acting) than play the game which consists of cut-scenes mixed with :popamole: combat myself; voiced protagonist is only the final nail in the coffin. It worked somehow in Twicher though but wont work in Bethpizda written and animated game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Codexers r fags. The last Bethesda game i played was Morrowind, and i didn't even finish that one. Spent like five minutes on a copy of Oblivion i removed from some inventory at the time. Never touched a Bethesda game since. I still have to play New Vegas just because of all the shit it inherits from Fallout 3.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I chose grudgingly "buy" it after release since it's my duty as a Fallout fanatic - plus I might review it so there is that. I've played POS so it can't hurt that bad. Fallout 3 is so bad it makes my head hurt. Surely Fallout 4 is at least better than that? Skyrim was fun to putz around in for a few hours or so. The illusions of it being a real RPG like the old games are gone. Even my friends that don't play hardcore RPG's admit it isn't a RPG.

Two things got me thinking when I read your post and the subsequent ones.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad it makes my head hurt.

Boom boom.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad when confronted with the choice to save or destroy Megaton - I wish there was an option to kill myself! Ha ha.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad when I finally encountered Three Dog in the main quest I just wanted to kill him TO SHUT HIM UP.

Voiced protagonist - a problem these days is most young people can't actually read or concentrate for more than a few seconds. Voiced in game actors is to "help" them get a long otherwise it would be "Shit, some reading, this game is lame - let me shoot someone".

Playing Dragonfall at the moment and I must admit - I miss a bit of sound and graphics at some key stages of the game.

stray

Learned
Two things got me thinking when I read your post and the subsequent ones.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad it makes my head hurt.

Boom boom.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad when confronted with the choice to save or destroy Megaton - I wish there was an option to kill myself! Ha ha.

Fallout 3 is sooooo bad when I finally encountered Three Dog in the main quest I just wanted to kill him TO SHUT HIM UP.

Voiced protagonist - a problem these days is most young people can't actually read or concentrate for more than a few seconds. Voiced in game actors is to "help" them get a long otherwise it would be "Shit, some reading, this game is lame - let me shoot someone".

Playing Dragonfall at the moment and I must admit - I miss a bit of sound and graphics at some key stages of the game.

The only reason I welcome the voice protag is Courtenay Taylor... I'm fine without it, but she's funny and probably good for a cocky chick.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I don't see myself getting this.
I didn't get FO3. Only got New Vegas because Obsidian did it.
I don't have enough faith in Beth to do a good game at all, let alone a good FO game, just because I don't think they'd ever take what Obsidian did and try and apply that to their own stuff.
It's not that they're not smart enough to do that. They definitely are.
I just think it's an arrogance thing. They won't do that because that's not the crowd they're catering to, they won't do that because they didn't come up with it some other guys did, they won't do that because it's too long of a dev process, yada yada.

Vernacular

Literate
I'll "buy" it. Probably fairly early on, too, because I suspect there will be a lot of concentrated effort right out of the gate by the modding community to fix Bethesda's dick move gimping the game even furtherthan it has already gone. I suspect the first really big mods will be rewriting the leveling, reintroducing skills and ditching the shitty convo wheel. Once that's out and working well, I'll definitely "buy" it. I've never bought into the idea they are Fallout games. Sadly the 90s are long gone. Looking at them more as first person aRPGs instead has made me a far less angry and frustrated individual. I have nothing against reenacting 'A Boy and his Dog'. It's what these games are.

Nael

Arcane
I am going to buy like 5 copies just to piss off the Codex. And I'll blog about it on Facebook and Twitter to piss the Codex off even more. The depths I will go to piss you all off are fathomless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom