Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Currently 28% of the Codex are planning to buy FO4 (including Infinitron and Lhynn, who have it on their Steam wishlists). That's already a respectable number, but I'm sure it will go up further when we're closer to release.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I think if you just go off and wander, then maybe that rich dude in the apartments asks you to blow them up. So the quest starts that way.

Even then, that's a shitty way to start what should be a devastating and regional changing quest line.

stray

Learned
Even then, that's a shitty way to start what should be a devastating and regional changing quest line.

I'm not gonna argue..

But personally, that's how I tend to play their games myself. I crawl out of intro cave and turn it into GTA...where I just wander and get into trouble... for the most part. That's all their games are to me really. That really aren't that great on other levels.

And I'd probably be more excited about this one, but I'm tiring of that.

Zeriel

Arcane
Currently 28% of the Codex are planning to buy FO4 (including Infinitron and Lhynn, who have it on their Steam wishlists). That's already a respectable number, but I'm sure it will go up further when we're closer to release.

Reality is truly stranger than fiction.

stray

Learned
I should add that this game itself actually doesn't seem traditionally "Bethesdan". So it won't be sandbox/wander heavy maybe. They have a VA and everything! And apparently some story about AI.

But then, that story itself annoys me, if I choose to actually roleplay and follow that tale. Because I suspect our own character will be an AI themselves. Then it'll piss me off for that alone. Bioware already has the AI sympathy bullshit covered as it is. If they go there, I bet I'll have the big dilemma where my AI hating character ends up hating themselves too.

edit:
But this is all speculation.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hey Jarl, please report to the front page for farewell brofists.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Will probably get the GOTY edition for 10 euros during some steam sale in a few years,will bitch about until then though

Beastro

Arcane
I'm not. Bethesda's now on my list of "Do not buy" and I'd only play it illicitly, if ever.

I'm burned out by the same routine with a shit vanilla game and spending too much time and frustration DLing a billion mods to make then game enjoyable and then getting them to work together. I have problems with TMJ, it's bad enough dealing with a simple walk giving me a bad tension headache I don't need to get them from trying to figure out how to patch mods together to play their games decently.

My only attempt in years has been to replay FONV, I kept it down to a handful of mods (Something went wrong with PN, and it only half works, but fuck restarting) and I only made the attempt in the first place because it the content doesn't need as many mods in the first place to give me an enjoyable playthrough being an Obsidian game.

I didn't even bother with mods (beyond the requisite killable kids one) with Skyrim. Played it at release for a few weeks, then dropped it feeling indifferent, like with Kingdoms of Amalur.

The worst thing you can do to a player is make them feel indifferent to their game.

Last edited:

jimmy_pvish

Savant
I will buy it when a compete edition (fullgame with all DLC) are at 80% sale and maybe play it for 30 minutes and never touch it again.

Just like I did with DA:I

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ill wait around a year to see how good is the modding scene and if there are some great mods like Requiem Im gonna buy it from key seller site for 1/4 price.

pippin

So it won't be sandbox/wander heavy maybe

A large section of the game will be about building your house and modding your weapons, so it will be. It's like Minecraft with atomic bombs.

stray

Learned
I'm not sure what to think about that. I've never really played Minecraft (own it, but never did much).

pippin

The videos have been focusing on that aspect of the game a lot, more than combat or story. The E3 video was practically about how you will be able to customize your home, armor and weapons. It's not hard to imagine you'll have to scavenge parts and blueprints a lot if you want the best house possible. Get ready for clickbaity youtube crap like "Fallout 4: Crib Edition".

But better.

Better enough to save Todd from manic depression?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But better.
To date you are the first person to ever make me want to defend Minecraft.

I'll "obtain" the GOTY edition in 2018 when loverslab have modded the shit out of it, but not before.
There's also a very good chance Bethesda will douse any such intentions with Paid Mods.

stray

Learned
I haven't watched any vids besides the trailer. I just assumed that feature was going to be like Skyrim's hearthfire dlc. Strange...

Maybe there's some fun to be had out of it. Especially if you can build whole towns. Most people play these games like sociopaths, so having little towns at your hands kind of makes it funnier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom