Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Against the Chris Avellone personality cult

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:lol:

Retarded 16 year old pretending to be a tough alpha.... while fapping over Gann, a shitty, whiny and faggoty character. Amusing.

Prime Junta

And then they say us Commies like to apply ideological litmus tests to people. :eyeroll:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

Retarded 16 year old pretending to be a tough alpha.... while fapping over Gann, a shitty, whiny and faggoty character. Amusing.
What you retards are describing as an Alpha is actually a spoiled brat. Mommy I want this NOW! BUY NOW, NOW, NOW!!! I WANT IT NOW! *falls down and starts crying, and beats ground with fists and legs*.
Even on psychological level Alpha (of the group) is someone who provides, leads and protects the community. Not abuses, tortures, rapes and acts like a pshycho.

I know you're old, so you are a lost cause, but maybe younger members will understand...

On the topic of Gann it is marvel: even if you don't like his character he's very well done, but there is a difference of not liking the character itself and understanding how much genius went into writing it and designing it. There are a lot characters that I don't like, but some of them are very well writen characters...

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sorry, dude, if you seriously analyze the concepts of alphas and betas, then you're an omega. I'm telling you this as a delta. Motherfucking period.

Beastro

Arcane
A character that's basically the anti-thesis to everything SJW.

Except the hate they have in their heart. :M

Sometimes I wonder how empty and boring lives some people must live when the cultural marxist SJW gay agenda globalist conspiracy is the only thing giving meaning to them.

You mean those who have built their entire lives around the ideology or those who have built their entire lives around being butthurt about their ideology?

Last edited:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
You will have to translate that Rads, because unfortunately I don't speak retard.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The structure is very basic English, anyone can understand it. What you don't speak is human, a common occurrence among omegas.
Case in point:

On the topic of Gann it is marvel:

:what:

Beastro

Arcane
He wrote Durance - a man who hates women, despises foreigners and non-human races, and considers CLEANSE THEM WITH FIRE a perfectly valid way to deal with people who worship the wrong gods.

Durance doesn't hate women. If anything he is the archetype of a white knight beta-male that cucks himself before Magran and worships her like a goddess, even though she casts him aside.

He's a narcissist who believes above all in himself, and anything aligned with him is therefore good. It is why the focus of his worship was centered around his little secret sect that punished others for failing to meet his sects overriding standards.

Much of his demeanor could be said to reflect what was said of Nietzsche, that "If he believed in God he's be angry that he wasn't God". Durance lives in a world where deities are an indisputable fact and that plays into his butthurt: gods exist and he isn't one of them. The best he could do was buddy up to the one he felt was the strongest/had an affinity for him, only she used him and threw him away. One could see his attachment to the PC being a means up trying to climb the ladder again, trying to convince the player of his beliefs so the leader of his powerbase sees things his way making him the ideological leader of their little party.

If there's any real criticism of the character it's that he's not an original character if you know Avellone's work. He is a male version of Kreia and a less complex, deep version at that. He's an arrogant, self-centered asshole who thinks themselves right, has an unhealthy fixation on the PC out of a mix of envy and desire to vicariously live through the PC, enjoy their talents and destiny by playing a mentor/companion bending them to his viewpoint.

About time this thread has begun ... I think a previous poster nailed it on the head - MCA's writing is so incredibly pretentious. Have never been a big fan of his drivel.

I can see that angle in his work, the problem is an issue like that is relative when a medium is so full of pretentious bullshit. He's at least somewhat aware of the problem and focus' on RPG, not trying to deeply think on things through the lens of Call of Duty or something (Which is what those stupid anti-war quotes when you die make me think of whenever I saw them. Trying to be principled when the biggest thing the developers will ever do in their lives is make games where people mindlessly gun others down.).

Last edited:

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Woman's place is nailed to a cross? Your retardation aside, would you like to see your mother, sister or daughter crucified?
Are you really that retarded, you simple minded Beta prick? If you're an Alpha you don't need to shout, hit, beat or humiliate a woman she obeys. But she also must feel safe. If you understand Alpha as an domestic abuser you're AS SMART AS A BRICK YOU PERVERTED DUMBFUCK, that should warrant a tag in my opinion.

I'm not telling you what I believe; I'm telling you what Legate Lanius believes. If you can't understand that distinction then you are the retarded one. The reason he was brought up in the first place was to point out how Chris Avellone is able to keep his personal views separate from the characters he writes. Or do you seriously think that Chris Avellone believes as Legate Lanius does? Or Durance does? Learn the difference between fictional characters and reality, you idiot.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Woman's place is nailed to a cross? Your retardation aside, would you like to see your mother, sister or daughter crucified?
Are you really that retarded, you simple minded Beta prick? If you're an Alpha you don't need to shout, hit, beat or humiliate a woman she obeys. But she also must feel safe. If you understand Alpha as an domestic abuser you're AS SMART AS A BRICK YOU PERVERTED DUMBFUCK, that should warrant a tag in my opinion.

I'm not telling you what I believe; I'm telling you what Legate Lanius believes. If you can't understand that distinction then you are the retarded one. The reason he was brought up in the first place was to point out how Chris Avellone is able to keep his personal views separate from the characters he writes. Or do you seriously think that Chris Avellone believes as Legate Lanius does? Or Durance does? Learn the difference between fictional characters and reality, you idiot.
Here is a real alpha man who understands that a woman's place is in the kitchen - or nailed to a cross. -Chris Avelltwo. :|

Beastro

Arcane

Your failure was not making the distinction between the point you were trying to make in your post, and what you wanted to say from Lanius' POV that would convey what you intended.

Reread what you wrote assuming that you were speaking as yourself and how much it makes sense to take it that way instead of the way you intended.

AlpineMarv

Literate
MCA, on many of his interviews said of not "offending" other people because the gamming industry is an small world and this could cost you job opportunities. I had the feel of such talks that he isn't an SJW believer to the bone that only think on this shit 100% of the day but a non confrontational guy.

Right now the dominant culture on the western world, at least on the media/entertainment media world, is libtardism. If you don't spew libtardism, you won't get a job

Seems like a pussy move after writing strong characters that follow their own will and battle opposing views.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert

It's difficult to follow all the conflicting LIFE ADVICE that /r/redpill gives. I mean, where else would a juvenile Internet master get their knowledge of manliness and how to be Alpha?

It is especially funny because the whole alpha-beta-omega thing comes from the 1950s and 1960s and is based on a misconceptions of wolf pack social dynamics, ie observing unrelated, captive wolves and claiming species-wide social behaviour based on that. It's like claiming that all Orcas are stressed out killers because captive Orcas demonstrate such behaviour. Human social dynamics are far more complex and impossible to reduce to something as asinine as "10 Steps To Being Alpha Male and Getting All the Pussy - buy now for $29.99".

And before the retards start spewing shit, please read:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/11/the-alpha-wolfe-is-an-outdated-myth/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090202174958.htm

http://nymag.com/betamale/2016/05/the-rise-of-the-alpha-beta-male.html

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/the-myth-of-the-alpha-male-hesaid/

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This thread is like the part in Watchmen when Dr. Manhattan stops caring about Laurie Juspeczyk. There's nothing to stop the Codex from hitting the singularity now!

Darkzone

Arcane
It's difficult to follow all the conflicting LIFE ADVICE that /r/redpill gives. I mean, where else would a juvenile Internet master get their knowledge of manliness and how to be Alpha?
It is especially funny because the whole alpha-beta-omega thing comes from the 1950s and 1960s and is based on a misconceptions of wolf pack social dynamics, ie observing unrelated, captive wolves and claiming species-wide social behaviour based on that. It's like claiming that all Orcas are stressed out killers because captive Orcas demonstrate such behaviour. Human social dynamics are far more complex and impossible to reduce to something as asinine as "10 Steps To Being Alpha Male and Getting All the Pussy - buy now for $29.99".
And before the retards start spewing shit, please read:
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/11/the-alpha-wolfe-is-an-outdated-myth/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090202174958.htm
http://nymag.com/betamale/2016/05/the-rise-of-the-alpha-beta-male.html
https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/the-myth-of-the-alpha-male-hesaid/
I never or rarely have used the terms alpha and beta in for dominant and submissive males, but the info is nice. The alpha and beta only changes the meaning to alpha = male with his formed close family and beta = male that has not formed a close family. Then there are a lot of betas here!

This thread is like the part in Watchmen when Dr. Manhattan stops caring about Laurie Juspeczyk. There's nothing to stop the Codex from hitting the singularity now!
Singularity of retardness?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Video Time-stamped at:

Guido Henkel: ...so I came in when Interplay were still recruiting.
Matt Barton: ...so what was it like working with Chris Avellone?
Guido Henkel: *LONG PAUSE* *SIGH*

Guido: WHY ARE YOU STEALING MY IDEAS SAWYER!?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Of course, I see it now - his is a very subtle tactic. Make great characters that feature no agenda, but bring the gaming industry to the SJW side with your tweets.

This is the kind of thing that Avellone has been saying about the very same thing you guys are criticizing:

Chris Avellone has played Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear and is "pretty jealous" of its writing
Source

Chris Avellone on Why He Was Impressed by Siege of Dragonspear

Source

Whose opinion have more influence on game designers and writers perspectives? Yours or Avellone’s?

Avellone is just lying through his teeth to keep getting these shit jobs from SJW hacks.

Aenra

Such edge! Much wow! Good Codex material!

:avatard:

We already had a couple of "Fallout sucks" threads, recently we got some "PST sucks" threads, so i guess this too was inevitable, amirite?

Next up i want a collective Codex retrospective. 'Why Turn Based sucked after all and how Skyrim pointed the way'. Exclusive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom