Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence November Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sell this game for $10 or $15 and steam forum will explode under commentaries from skyrim and mass defect fans who will buy this game only because is cheap and then will rage and wrote negative and hatefull reviews...

You say that like it's a bad thing

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They are already people on steam forum who are butthurt because you can't see 100% of content in 1 playthrough, you can't be a member of all factions at the same time, who cannot into hard combat, who believe that any character should be able to beat any combat encounter, you have retards like blackdragon who is very butthurt because in order to access some locations you need for example 8 PER etc.

Most of those idiots cant appreciate the depth of the content present in the game, i remember the first time i went into the abyss and started the small "text adventure" inside...

how well the scifi elements mixed with the fantasy setting and how in the end i managed to obliterate an entire city from the game with a single decision, by freeing a very angry god"

Unforeseen consequences indeed. :D

likaq

Arcane
Sell this game for $10 or $15 and steam forum will explode under commentaries from skyrim and mass defect fans who will buy this game only because is cheap and then will rage and wrote negative and hatefull reviews...

In short time it is good, more $ is always good.
But in the long run I'm not so sure if having plenty of people who hate you game with passion is a good thing.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

But in the long run I'm not so sure if having plenty of people who hate you game with passion is a good thing.
no such thing as bad publicity.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
AOD seems to be the kind of niche product that a lowering of price will result in a less than proportionate increase in quantity demanded, so even though sales may increase it may actually cause a decrease in total revenue in the long run. I don't think it's worth it to reduce the price at this point, it's not like AOD is currently more expensive than other games of its type either - look at Wasteland 2, PoE and D:OS etc. Might as well continue to honor the pre order price, build on people's goodwill and create a following of its own. Unless Vince and co are starving and want to make some quick money, why risk it?

Lhynn

Arcane

no such thing as bad publicity.
Completly unrelated to the subject at hand, but, an example of bad publicity.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
AOD seems to be the kind of niche product that a lowering of price will result in a less than proportionate increase in quantity demanded, so even though sales may increase it may actually cause a decrease in total revenue in the long run. I don't think it's worth it to reduce the price at this point, it's not like AOD is currently more expensive than other games of its type either - look at Wasteland 2, PoE and D:OS etc. Might as well continue to honor the pre order price, build on people's goodwill and create a following of its own. Unless Vince and co are starving and want to make some quick money, why risk it?
Few weeks ago, Vince said they could eventually launch a party based dugeon crawler (doable in a 6 months delay) keeping the lore and some assets of the AoD setting for a small price.
Now that the selling have a good score, it could be interesting to exploit the idea (assuming a large part of those who already bought/will buy will also be interested by this project), as, first, all the job for the background won't be lost after AoD final launch which means a low cost to design it, and second, it could be an extra "money generator" before the next big SF project

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:rage:

This version won't run on my Windows 7! Requires msvcr110.dll but it's all lies! Withdrawal kicking in now, I need my fix!

hiver

This version won't run on my Windows 7! Requires msvcr110.dll but it's all lies!
I think you can find that dll easily. I also seem to vaguely (the other suggestion spell checker gives for "vaguely" is vaginally... i almost used it), remember that being something about ... net framework or microsoft visual C++ shit.
- yeahhh... i think you need to reinstall microsoft visual crap and net framework. One or the other.

btw, do we still count this as a beta demo or is this now a full demo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lhynn

Arcane
Elhoim
Acabo de darme cuenta que sos argentino, piola.

Sip, vos también? Serás el único argentino que compró el juego? :P
Todavia no lo compre, la verdad no le tenia muchas esperanzas (despues de probar la demo publica que estaba en la pagina hace un mes) hasta que vi los screens de la nueva version y lei los cambios, supongo que lo comprare cuando arranquen las vacaciones.
Y creo que si, supongo que si, muy pocos cordobeses estan interesados en cualquier cosa que no sea dota/lol. :negative:

hiver

Buy now directly. Buy later on GoG. Incline commands you heathen!
Better that then waste money of Blaines bling bling new emperors clothes and evil dastardly plans.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Block is much more effective in R4.3 - sword+shield merc was the easiest combat build to play in... well, any AoD release so far. 10 ST 9 AG 7 CO 6 PE, pumping all skills into Sword and Block (offense first), and using the iron shamshir bought from the blacksmith, Aurelian outpost was the only fight in Teron where I had to use any tactics beside "Power Attack - Regular Attack, rinse and repeat".

hiver

Yeah, much improved with just those few tweaks. Now a shield bash is much more useful and active move to go for, which makes up for thc loss a lot, compared to previous version. It makes like, a world of difference.
(get those sweet 95% to hit strikes, oh yeah)

And the new character creation screen is great, too. mucho gusto better.

Block is much more effective in R4.3 - sword+shield merc was the easiest combat build to play in... well, any AoD release so far. 10 ST 9 AG 7 CO 6 PE, pumping all skills into Sword and Block (offense first), and using the iron shamshir bought from the blacksmith, Aurelian outpost was the only fight in Teron where I had to use any tactics beside "Power Attack - Regular Attack, rinse and repeat".
damn it! that can only mean that dodge needs to be improved now.

:D

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Buy now directly. Buy later on GoG. Incline commands you heathen!
Better that then waste money of Blaines bling bling new emperors clothes and evil dastardly plans.
I will buy it now on Steam. :smug: Buying directly is more expensive, because it adds 27% tax. I will buy a GOG version later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom