Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Released

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, someone comparing your gameplay negatively to friggin Arcanum is just unnecessarily harsh.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand completed it as Aurelian for the first time, start to finish. Made a 9 perception 9 intellect crossbowman, gave Miltiades a taste of his own medicine, did what had to be done at the Abyss and the Temple, and now Aurelius is sole ruler of the universe.

Never really bothered with House Aurelian before, because I've always been pro-technology. Pretty fun, though, and it was a pretty seamless and bug-free affair. I hate how I can't increase perception now, though, with the machine (I wanted 10 perception to see if I catch anything new). Also, the Temple is a little... sparse? Needs more flavour text I reckon, it's odd to have so many rooms and so few things to click on/do. Also, what does the giant spear do (other than make that tribal idiot happy).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Also, what does the giant spear do (other than make that tribal idiot happy).
It goes boom.

083354.jpg

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But... how? I went into the temple with the spear and couldn't find anything to do with it. Is it one of those things where I need to go to Akbar the Mad and have him ID it? I've made the temple go boom just using my stats (Int 9 Lore 10 Craft 8), but I haven't found a use for the spear.

Unless... is it a path specific item? Only a certain faction will know what to do with it? Because I've only reached the end with Aurelians and Daratans.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Ohhh, Okay, gotcha, I'll try finishing the game with House Crassus next time i play.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Logging on the dex after a two week pause a noticing AoD is released the same day:
:yeah:

Realizing I won't have time to play it until the weekend:
:rage:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Congrats guys. Hope it sells as much as you want! I'll buy in the weekend and will play within the next weeks :)

Lord Andre

Arcane
It occurred to me that while VD is the face of the project around here, this game was a team effort, so BIG congratulations! to everyone at Iron Tower Studios. PM me individually for a complimentary handjob...:obviously:

Athelas

Arcane
Well, unfortunately the game only recognizes my integrated card. My geforce gtx 860m shows up as "gfx null device" and even if I select it, it will default to the integrated one. I can force the application to use my nvidia card from the nvidia control panel and then the game lists it correctly but then in about 30 seconds it will crash and freeze my computer.

If anyone has the same problem and finds a workaround please post it.
Running the game in windowed mode seemed to solve the problem for me. My dedicated graphics card still isn't listed, but I get a much higher frame rate, so I guess it's being used by the game.

Decided to roll a praetor with 3/3/3 in etiquette/streetwise/persuasion. Very smooth sailing so far, though I expect that to be changing any minute now.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Running the game in windowed mode seemed to solve the problem for me. My dedicated graphics card still isn't listed, but I get a much higher frame rate, so I guess it's being used by the game.

I managed to get it working with my dedicated card in fullscreen by only keeping "high" settings (the 4 settings with quality sliders), a "middle" resolution (not max available) and everything else turned off. I found the best practice for me is to start in windowed mode, load a save, then fullscreen. This way I get no glitches and playing on the dedicated card makes the game run very smooth.
I forced the game to pick nvidia card from nvidia control panel. Hope this helps if anyone has similar issues.
Oh, and maximised window mode can be a good alternative, I managed to get anti-aliasing 1 to work in this manner, but I prefer fullscreen.

Weasel
Someone needs to record a community guide aimed solely at game developers, as they know what they want but don't like the circlejerk on the forums when people try to explain the game to them. It's obviously a neglected demographic and sales are being lost:

I can't raise 1000 gold to buy the dude from the bandits. I'm not willing to lose this scenario. But there doesn't seem anything I can do to progress the story. Combat is not an option because you get your faced owned every time.

I know you want to have this game be hard but I'm a grumpy old man and I just want to be able to win a combat encounter without cheesing it. I've tried using bombs and potions and oils, can't beat either the bandits in the forest or the poisoned dudes at the outpost. Couldn't talk the alchemist into getting me the good poison. It's just too easy to be stuck here unable to progress and that sucks.

Lower the skill checks on some of this stuff if you want us to get through it. I know you want us to focus non combat skills and stuff, but even with basically maxing Sword and Dodge, I get owned and that's not what people are coming here for.
Yeah I'm going to have to give it up. Maybe refund, dunno. It's just too ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ed frustrating to try and win any fight. I get wanting to be hard, like Dark Souls or something, but the thing with Dark Souls is that there is no RNG. I feel like I'm being skillful with my combat choices but what can I do when every blow is deflected or dodged or DR'd down to nothing. It's the first quest of the game and I can't win a combat encounter even after using the good poison on the dudes.
Well I'm a professional game developer who has been playing games for 25 years, so I feel like I know what i'm doing. It has nothing to do with my stats, even if it has everything to do with my stats. The problem is that the game is not power-curved appropriately.

I've beaten Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout 1&2, Pillars of Eternity, and many more games like this. If I can't beat the first quest even after doing the special "weaken your enemies with poison" move, then it's too hard.

Game devs can listen or not. My last game was too hard when I released it and sales suffered as a result.

Weasel
LOL, I've got to stop looking at the Steam forum now. At least on the Codex I can tell when people are trolling:

Any plans to bring this to PSN/Xbox Live?
very interested in playing this game but id really like to lie on my couch doing so.. are there any plans to bring this to any of the current gen consoles?

i know its a weird genre for consoles but they got wastelöand 2 on psn now and im loving it!

Redshirt #42

Augur
Had to wait till Thursday to purchase the game to get the proper experience. I'm glad that it's on GOG.com from Day 1.

I had more fun with the demo alone than I had with Pillars of Eternity, so my expectations are high.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
These keep getting better:

Zero said:
Well I'm a professional game developer who has been playing games for 25 years, so I feel like I know what i'm doing. It has nothing to do with my stats, even if it has everything to do with my stats. The problem is that the game is not power-curved appropriately.

I've beaten Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout 1&2, Pillars of Eternity, and many more games like this. If I can't beat the first quest even after doing the special "weaken your enemies with poison" move, then it's too hard.

Game devs can listen or not. My last game was too hard when I released it and sales suffered as a result.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom