Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Released

Cynicus

Augur
AoD is certainly delivering in more ways than one.

[Oblivion] allowed roleplay, but the player had to be mature enough to restrict himself, rather than the game punching him in the face each time he didn't. Yes, you could become the Archmage-Ultrawarrior-Megaassassin of doom +3. Yes, you could build a weapon with which you better not stumble, cause if it hits the ground, the planet will probably burst into fire. But it was up to the player whether he did it or not. I for once roleplayed as a man of virtues and honor, so i simply swatted off the Dark Brotherhood and the Grey Fox.

God bless his pointy little head.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll just abuse this thread for game questions/issues.

Vault Dweller
I got two power tubes and thought I could use them to open the door in the hidden ruins below the well. But when I want to fix that door, I just get the message "you have nothing to power it with". Is this a bug or do I need something else to power that thing?

Nael

Arcane

Vault Dweller
I got two power tubes and thought I could use them to open the door in the hidden ruins below the well. But when I want to fix that door, I just get the message "you have nothing to power it with". Is this a bug or do I need something else to power that thing?

I thought the number of tubes needed was 3. I haven't gotten this far yet but I remember this being discussed in another thread. I could be wrong though.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Vault Dweller
You need to fix the generator. Examine it to trigger the script, then talk to Abukar in Maadoran (the guy in the observatory).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How do you poison your weapon? :M

I have a poison vial, but not sure how to apply it to a weapon?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Vault Dweller
You need to fix the generator. Examine it to trigger the script, then talk to Abukar in Maadoran (the guy in the observatory).
No, I think he's talking about the ruins below the well that you swim to get to. He needs the special portal power thing. It's fine. No bug.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Ah, you're right, sorry. Jarl, you need a special tube, big enough to fit there. You can find it in Inferiae.

Aenra

So far i am fucking LOVING it !!! Who is the sick, twisted fuck that wrote all the dialogues? I wanna know, lol
Such..abundant sarcsasm, pessimism, bitterness, despair and misery. Orgasmic !!! Would hurt again 10/10 :D:D:D
Man if the capital controls are ever lifted in this fucking country, i will buy a few more units just to say thank you.

Got a question btw, is there any way (like at all) to increase the dialogue font size? I tried lower resolutions, but that only makes it blurrier; On my native 1080 it is sharp at least, but way too small.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So far i am fucking LOVING it !!! Who is the sick, twisted fuck that wrote all the dialogues? I wanna know, lol
Such..abundant sarcsasm, pessimism, bitterness, despair and misery. Orgasmic !!! Would hurt again 10/10 :D:D:D
Man if the capital controls are ever lifted in this fucking country, i will buy a few more units just to say thank you.

Same impressions here. The game's writing, setting, gameplay, and requirements of its players made me feel right at home. Many thanks for that. I'll probably post detailed impressions later.

I especially appreciate the sober and realistic approach taken to world-building and characters' motivations. There are other games which proclaim the same goals (I won't name names but you can think of one recent RPG) for their worldbuilding but never realize them.

Something I just came across today. There are historians who present a point of view on historical "laws" and consequences that is very similar to what the game's writing suggests: http://www.economist.com/news/books...re-funny-ambitious-and-cruel-what-strange-lot

Disgruntled

Savant
Played for a few hours, liking it except for the im sure usual newcomer annoyances.

Playing as combat praetor, stuck at outpost and camp because I cant pass the persuasion check despite passing the intelligence check to turn the raiders onto the camp. I find it strange that I cant bring a couple of soldiers to help me out or at least hire people from the town. Given my position I shouldnt have to be fighting them alone. And if whathisface goes to clear the camp, he doesnt ask for my help despite it being a doable battle with at least one guy helping out.

Pretty fun otherwise, hoping to scrap together some more skill points cause I dont want to have to reload and game my persuasion just to pass

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Dumb question but I couldn't find a way to do this: are we allowed to pick up dropped items, and if so, how?

Not just the dialogues, but the descriptions of skills too. I loled at all of them. :lol::salute:

Regarding Antidas if you side with Imperials:
I love the part where if you fail the Critical Strike check, you get told: "You missed. Okay, now you are fucked." :lol:

JudasIscariot thanks again for the game man :D:bro:

Nar-Speth

Literate
10 INT, 10 CHA, Grifter, dat SP rewards and possibilities to fuck with people, much love. I think it's even better than hybrid thief playthrough.

Perkel

Arcane
Will be posted soon.

Hey VD is there any way to reduce cursor lag ? I mean it has ton of lag even in windowed mode.
Usually in games there is something called hardware/software cursor that does that for less funky looking cursor.

There is like 100+ms lag on cursor movement.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey VD is there any way to reduce cursor lag ? I mean it has ton of lag even in windowed mode.
Usually in games there is something called hardware/software cursor that does that for less funky looking cursor.

From "known issues" thread on steam:
Engine Technical Limitations

- Mouse acceleration and speed are different than in windows. No options to tweak it in the menu.
Not sure it it means they are working on this or just given up.

Vault Dweller

Developer

open the console (tilde key) and type (or use CTRL V to paste):

$pref::Input::ForcedMouseLock = -1;

Then hit enter.

Perkel

Arcane

Then hit enter.

I had to restart game to take effect.
So fucking much better, 0 lag now, game plays now 5 times better thanks to it.

I assume this wasn't an option because of inventory graphics that don't work with hardware mouse ? Probably some torque limitation i assume.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Ah, you're right, sorry. Jarl, you need a special tube, big enough to fit there. You can find it in Inferiae.

Wouldn't be better to change the name of the thing to lamp? Everbody thinks that the fact they can't use the common power tube is a bug.

Cazzeris

Then hit enter.

I entered the command to see what does it exactly change, and now the cursor's art isn't showing. The game has started using the default Windows cursor graphics. How do I make it look like it did before?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom