Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let's not forget the guard and thief fight, although it's not as easy as beating on some homeless people in a tower.

In Teron I think the only steel weapons you can find are daggers. Maybe the noble in the last miltiades fight has a sword? I just remember getting some nice iron stuff, really.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Do merchants restock eventually? I'm running out of piercing ammo (again) and my alchemy ingredients are also getting very low. I must say I'm already (probably) guilty of cheesing a bit as I tend to spam liquid fire around me so none can melee me and then just crossbow everyone to death. Doesn't work that well on groups that use ranged weaponry obviously.

As it was said, go to the blacksmith, buy the schematics, and make your own.

Shin

Cipher
Thanks about the crafting tip, I won't be worrying about ammo anymore. Now I do have the feeling I've been gimping my assassin along the way... for some dialogs my cha was too low (4) so my streetwise/impersonation skill didn't do jack shit, therefore I decided to pump my crossbow/dodge skill to at least be able to continue my current game and do the combat approach. It's far from ideal but as long as RNG doesn't totally screw me (damn you crits!) it generally works out. The only problem I have now shortly entering Ganezzar is that...

When I enter Hellgate there's these barriers which remove my max HP. Having only 35 max hitpoints makes me quite weary of losing another 4. Convincing the loremaster homo at the beginning isn't an option either as streetwise 3 or persuasion 3 isn't enough. Should I just take the HP hit? As far as I understand this quest is crucial to continue the story.

or should I just cut my losses and start a new, better character?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks about the crafting tip, I won't be worrying about ammo anymore. Now I do have the feeling I've been gimping my assassin along the way... for some dialogs my cha was too low (4) so my streetwise/impersonation skill didn't do jack shit, therefore I decided to pump my crossbow/dodge skill to at least be able to continue my current game and do the combat approach. It's far from ideal but as long as RNG doesn't totally screw me (damn you crits!) it generally works out. The only problem I have now shortly entering Ganezzar is that...

When I enter Hellgate there's these barriers which remove my max HP. Having only 35 max hitpoints makes me quite weary of losing another 4. Convincing the loremaster homo at the beginning isn't an option either as streetwise 3 or persuasion 3 isn't enough. Should I just take the HP hit? As far as I understand this quest is crucial to continue the story.

or should I just cut my losses and start a new, better character?

If you're at hellgate, you're basically at the end of the game, so make sure you've done the other missions already. Do you even need to go this route? I mean, you can go to the dead river instead and fight scorpions. Both ways will take you to the temple. If you can beat up the scorps, then you don't need to permanently lose any health. I haven't taken the assassin story line that far yet, though.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
Any tipps on the fight assassins against guard at the boatsmen guild? I use poison firebombs bolas and nets still wasnt able to win.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Does the assassin get more sneaky kind of quests or what? I am in Ganezar and it seems like every quest leads to a fight that I cannot win due to a high amount of armored dudes. I was kinda hoping to not do too much combat but considering that I have no talking skills I might not be able to get out of any combat situations.

Am I just playing this class wrong?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Does the assassin get more sneaky kind of quests or what? I am in Ganezar and it seems like every quest leads to a fight that I cannot win due to a high amount of armored dudes. I was kinda hoping to not do too much combat but considering that I have no talking skills I might not be able to get out of any combat situations.

Am I just playing this class wrong?

Assassin is definitely combat heavy. Next to IG, I'd say it's the most combat heavy; you always wind up fighting people, but most of the time there's some teammates. If you have the necessary skills you can even the score a little, though (traps, high CS, etc).

Have you tried alchemy? High armour won't protect them from poison, blockers will lose their shield to acid, and fire will help you funnel them. Ultimately, though, you should have some decent combat skills.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Any tipps on the fight assassins against guard at the boatsmen guild? I use poison firebombs bolas and nets still wasnt able to win.

Hmm, what's your character like? This battle is a little challenging, but I am able to beat it routinely with all sorts of different builds. It's the one with the two crossbowmen supporting you, right? Do you have good defensive skills? Ultimately, you can win it just by delaying them with fire and poison, I think, because the xbows dish out a lot of damage. If you protect your teammates you get a special prize afterwards as well.

Do you have alchemy skills? If you do, make some acid if you can, too. When blockers lose their shield they are useless.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Let's not forget the guard and thief fight, although it's not as easy as beating on some homeless people in a tower.

In Teron I think the only steel weapons you can find are daggers. Maybe the noble in the last miltiades fight has a sword? I just remember getting some nice iron stuff, really.

Just confirmed it: you can get a steel gladius in Teron from the Miltiades quest line. The last battle isn't too tough with 5 hammer 5 dodge, and a little bit of fire and explosives.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Assassin is definitely combat heavy. Next to IG, I'd say it's the most combat heavy; you always wind up fighting people, but most of the time there's some teammates. If you have the necessary skills you can even the score a little, though (traps, high CS, etc).

Have you tried alchemy? High armour won't protect them from poison, blockers will lose their shield to acid, and fire will help you funnel them. Ultimately, though, you should have some decent combat skills.

I got 6 or 7 in Daggers, 6 in Dodge and CS and I have 5 in Alchemy and I can make poison that hits at 5 damage a turn. I have been underusing alchemy so perhaps it's time to go buy some black powder and make bombs or something because right now I am up against a dude with a repeater crossbow and his buddies.

Another thing I noticed is how healing salves, with their instantaneous effect, will not work in combat. I wonder if that's to prevent cheesing some of the harder combat scenarios :D

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I got 6 or 7 in Daggers, 6 in Dodge and CS and I have 5 in Alchemy and I can make poison that hits at 5 damage a turn. I have been underusing alchemy so perhaps it's time to go buy some black powder and make bombs or something because right now I am up against a dude with a repeater crossbow and his buddies.

That's not a bad assassin for early/mid-Maadoran, but for late game I'd expect much higher dodge. If you are having trouble with THC, then higher daggers, too. In a pinch an eagleeye potion will help, but your alchemy is too low and the ingredients are rare. With 5 alchemy you can make some nice stuff. You should use poison in every single fight, there's just so many leaves around that there's no reason not too. Bombs and fire you have to be more sparing with. Upgraded blood mushroom potions look interesting but I haven't tried them (there's one that does damage resistance).

This might sound odd, but if it's the repeater crossbow that's killing you... have you tried using a shield? You could poison people, put up some fire and then hide behind a massive shield. Or, maybe check your armour to see if you can change into something with lower penalties? Maybe use a +AP potion and get some more stabs in or run up to the xbowman quicker? Or use the extra AP to poison them all, and run further away around a corner?

Seeing as you're using daggers, are you making proper use of feint? You can put bodies between you and the crossbowman; with high CS I bet you will throw a good number of people to the ground, as well. One of my favourite combat types is a single handed weapon dodger with stuff in the other hand. It opens up lots of tactical choices when you can feint and always have an interesting tool in the off hand.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, if you have the charisma, never forget to ask for training. Each bit of training is like a full skill point. With 7 charisma, for example, you get an additional skill point in swords, dodge, and CS from Dellar for free.

Tigranes

Arcane
JudasIscariot with those skills you are more than capable of beating them, so don't give up. Poison and feint, out of what's been mentioned, can alone win the day for you. Even if you're not abel to damage them very much, as long as you manage the AI of your allies you're fine. That is to say: most of your allies do very good damage with the crossbow, but not with their melee weapons.

Consider the leftmost ally. He starts off away from the rest of you, will quickly get closed down by at least the hammer-wielding enemy, and then he will often spend the next few turns just trying to move away from them. If you are able to go over and engage them with Feint, or hit them fast enough to get them down, or protect your ally with flame vials, etc., then he will be able to quickly take out half of the enemy.

The same goes for the right side of the battle. The merchant robe wielding ally is going to die very quickly if surrounded, especially since the heavily armoured enemy leader often goes right for him. Keep him out of trouble, and more importantly, keep him focused on less armoured allies, and he can be helpful; in contrast, left to go toe-to-toe against the enemy leader, eh'll just clink uselessly at the armour and die.

Canus

Savant
So does anyone have any idea what the highest stat checks for con/per/int/char are?
I've seen a 9 for charisma, an 8 for int and per, and a 7 for con.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
So does anyone have any idea what the highest stat checks for con/per/int/char are?
I've seen a 9 for charisma, an 8 for int and per, and a 7 for con.

Well... I've seen 10 for int from feng (but it has no effect on the game).

Also, when trying to hack the computer I failed with 9 int 10 lore, so probably there's a 10 int 10 lore check (unless I need to learn how to hack first? but who teaches that?)

Last edited:

Canus

Savant
Well... I've seen 10 for int from feng (but it's has no effect on the game).

Also, when trying to hack the computer I failed with 9 int 10 lore, so probably there's a 10 int 10 lore check (unless I need to learn how to hack first?)

This is the check in the Tower? I failed that with 9/10 myself, assumed it wasn't possible.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
This is the check in the Tower? I failed that with 9/10 myself, assumed it wasn't possible.

Yep, Zamedi. I would assume it's impossible, too, but the game does have a skill check and says "failed" in red letters. So presumably there must be some way of passing it. If you have high enough skills, the game says you need to learn how to hack, or something along those lines.

How about dex? I want to say it's an 8 or higher to escape under the door in the daratan palace.

Str? I'm not sure, but it's definitely used. Al Akia has a door to push open, for example.

Stompa

Arcane
Weird, 9 int+10 lore was enough for me to get those consoles to work.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Weird, 9 int+10 lore was enough for me to get those consoles to work.

The consoles work with those stats, but there's a particular option in the Tower of Zamedi that doesn't work. A gateway is locked and there's an option to hack it open.

Canus

Savant
Yep, Zamedi. I would assume it's impossible, too, but the game does have a skill check and says "failed" in red letters. So presumably there must be some way of passing it. If you have high enough skills, the game says you need to learn how to hack, or something along those lines.

How about dex? I want to say it's an 8 or higher to escape under the door in the daratan palace.

Str? I'm not sure, but it's definitely used. Al Akia has a door to push open, for example.

Yeah I took it as meaning that there was a way into it, but that you'd need to learn information to hack into it, more than just needing a higher stat/skill spread. I wasn't really surprised, given where that portal connects to I assumed it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yep, Zamedi. I would assume it's impossible, too, but the game does have a skill check and says "failed" in red letters. So presumably there must be some way of passing it. If you have high enough skills, the game says you need to learn how to hack, or something along those lin
I tried it with 10 Int, 10 Lore. You need to learn how to hack computers before you can beat that skill check. I have no idea how to learn that though.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I tried it with 10 Int, 10 Lore. You need to learn how to hack computers before you can beat that skill check. I have no idea how to learn that though.

The only place to learn about computers that I know of is Inferaie. Besides that... who can teach you? Maybe a loremaster somewhere has a dialogue choice open up?

Also, what does Erebus keep behind that forcefield in his office?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom