Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Deadly Premonition sequel seems to make the same mistake as Alan Wake. Being weird for the sake of being weird.

Deadly Premonition 2 is bad, but cute game. There's some heart in it. A bit, but still. Alan Wake 2 is nothing more than ESG mentality.

orcinator

Liturgist

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Oh sweet baby inc, just watched the ending of this garbage. As much as I detested this trash before, I think my disgust for the devs has doubled or tripled after I saw how they "end" this "story". And I'm not just talking about the dieverse female deuteragonist mercilessly shooting the extremely guilty cishet White male in the head, in a particularly twisted take on the "white replacement" narrative that definitely isn't real and doesn't exist.

It's literal DIEversity!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Word of advice- don't install it on HDD
zJaXiaE.jpeg

SlamDunk

Arcane
Alan Wake has that Scandinavian angst.
Except that Finland is not a Scandinavian country.

Of course it is. It is geographically and culturally. It may not be a germanic country, but it is strongly influenced by their mentality.
No. Finland is a Nordic country. The term 'Scandinavian' relates to language:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Scandinavian-languages
Scandinavian languages, group of Germanic languages consisting of modern standard Danish, Swedish, Norwegian (Dano-Norwegian and New Norwegian), Icelandic, and Faroese. These languages are usually divided into East Scandinavian (Danish and Swedish) and West Scandinavian (Norwegian, Icelandic, and Faroese) groups.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Finno-Ugric-languages
The Ugric division of Finno-Ugric languages is composed of Hungarian and the Ob-Ugric languages Mansi (Vogul) and Khanty (Ostyak). The Finnic division of Finno-Ugric languages is composed of five groups. The Baltic-Finnic group consists of Finnish, Estonian, Karelian (including Olonets), Ludic, Veps, Ingrian, Livonian, and Votic.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Alan Wake has that Scandinavian angst.
Except that Finland is not a Scandinavian country.

Of course it is. It is geographically and culturally. It may not be a germanic country, but it is strongly influenced by their mentality.
No. Finland is a Nordic country. The term 'Scandinavian' relates to language:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Scandinavian-languages
Scandinavian languages, group of Germanic languages consisting of modern standard Danish, Swedish, Norwegian (Dano-Norwegian and New Norwegian), Icelandic, and Faroese. These languages are usually divided into East Scandinavian (Danish and Swedish) and West Scandinavian (Norwegian, Icelandic, and Faroese) groups.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Finno-Ugric-languages
The Ugric division of Finno-Ugric languages is composed of Hungarian and the Ob-Ugric languages Mansi (Vogul) and Khanty (Ostyak). The Finnic division of Finno-Ugric languages is composed of five groups. The Baltic-Finnic group consists of Finnish, Estonian, Karelian (including Olonets), Ludic, Veps, Ingrian, Livonian, and Votic.

You are mixing linguistic and geographical divisions.

From https://web.archive.org/web/20161224095813/https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/Scandinavia :

"A large peninsula in NW Europe, occupied by Norway and Sweden. It is bounded by the Arctic Ocean in the north, the Atlantic in the west, and the Baltic Sea in the south and east."

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Finns are Mongoloids that got Scandinavized over a few hundred years. Fact.

The Finns were subject to both Russian and Germanic influences, but yes, they are now Indo-Europeanized. Like Hungarians.
Russian influence was NEVER big in finland. Grand duchy of finland kept most of its autonomy and it was also not ruled for that long. Only russian influence there is the rampant alcoholism and depression.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

The Finns were subject to both Russian and Germanic influences, but yes, they are now Indo-Europeanized. Like Hungarians.
Russian influence was NEVER big in finland. Grand duchy of finland kept most of its autonomy and it was also not ruled for that long. Only russian influence there is the rampant alcoholism and depression.

So the pillars of Finnish culture, right?

Häyhä

Arbiter

So the pillars of Finnish culture, right?

You can never fathom the Finnish mindset, fag.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
At one point they say the nignog is a viking seer or am I wrong?
We wuz viking and sheit.

Was the game made by some wannabe wankster who really wanted to make movies but couldn't.
It's pure eurotrash made by an incompetent.
I don't know what has been worse up to now, the musical segment or the appearance of the fucking Bureau of Control? wtf.
I'm at the boomers center section right now, have no hope left.

DemonKing

Arcane
Hope the engine will be put to good use in Max Payne.
I'm tentatively looking forward to the MP 1 & 2 reboots as I've played the originals at least 3 times each. Don't have high hopes as those were really good 10 hour linear action games which no one seems capable of making these days. Also the John Woo aesthetic they were based on isn't really as culturally well known nowdays as it was back in the early 2000s so they may not resonate with younger players with more affinity to John Wick style gun-fu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom