Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Finns are Mongoloids that got Scandinavized over a few hundred years. Fact.

The Finns were subject to both Russian and Germanic influences, but yes, they are now Indo-Europeanized. Like Hungarians.
Russian influence was NEVER big in finland. Grand duchy of finland kept most of its autonomy and it was also not ruled for that long. Only russian influence there is the rampant alcoholism and depression.

So the pillars of Finnish culture, right?

You can never fathom the Finnish mindset, fag.

Oh yes? Somehow I didn't notice anything complex or interesting about your way of thinking. Only excessive nervousness, depression and psychotic periods, which is typical both for alcoholics and in places where there is little sun during the year.

9ted6

Educated
Is this the latest The Room game? It has those vibes, just more pretentious. Pretentious project by untalented people who can't understand their own ineptitude and bizarre nature and execution of their vision that think it's deep and poignant when it's actually shallow, meandering and pointless.

At least The Room was funny.

ferratilis

Magister
It was probably mentioned here already, but today I learned about Sweet Baby Inc., a Canadian ESG company that is hired by gaming companies to write stories, consult etc. about how to make the games more incloosive. A surefire way to tell that a game will be shit.

https://sweetbabyinc.com/projects/
image.png

Since they seem to be rising in prominence in the AAA industry, it might be a good idea to keep a list updated, to know what games to avoid in the future.

jam

Literate
It was probably mentioned here already, but today I learned about Sweet Baby Inc., a Canadian ESG company that is hired by gaming companies to write stories, consult etc. about how to make the games more incloosive. A surefire way to tell that a game will be shit.

Since they seem to be rising in prominence in the AAA industry, it might be a good idea to keep a list updated, to know what games to avoid in the future.

It's disappointing to see Heart Machine there when Hyper Light Drifter was such a great example of a game made by a raging lefty who was able to put his politics aside within the game. That now looks to have just been a byproduct of the premise: a game without words.

grimace

Arcane

It's disappointing to see Heart Machine there when Hyper Light Drifter was such a great example of a game made by a raging lefty who was able to put his politics aside within the game. That now looks to have just been a byproduct of the premise: a game without words.

Let's return to games that focus on gameplay above all.

Alan Wake needs to be put to sleep.

9ted6

Educated
It's easy when you pick up on the patterns. If a character is raceswapped, no matter from what race or to what race but especially a non-black race to black, you're in for a bad time. It's always always always done the exact same way.

But another pattern is that even the lack of the raceswap or wokeness wouldn't fix the game itself. It's still dumb fuck character 1 bumbling around linear levels looking for clues that you can't miss and don't need while occasionally switching to dumb fuck character 2 bumbling around a poor man's Silent Hill interrupted by one of the most shamelessly reddit sequences there's ever been in a game, see above. The game could be anti-woke and it'd still be shit to play, which is true of almost every woke game.

grimace

Arcane
Does Alan Wake contain:
Survival Mechanics?
Horror Themes?

Is Alan Wake 2 a "Survival" + "Horror" + "Game"?

DemonKing

Arcane

image.png

So these were the geniuses that stuck black people in God of War Ragnarok?

Good thing is apart from maybe Spiderman 2 I likely won't be playing any of those other games.

Zoe Quinn joined the company after HLD, the rest is history

orcinator

Liturgist

HLD was basically an indie self-parody so him doing this is not surprising.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

HLD?

jam

Literate

HLD?
Hyper Light Drifter, Heart Machine's first game.
They also brought in Sarkeesian as a consultant after HLD released.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

HLD?
Hyper Light Drifter, Heart Machine's first game.
They also brought in Sarkeesian as a consultant after HLD released.

Thanks for yours service.

Elttharion

Learned

image.png

So these were the geniuses that stuck black people in God of War Ragnarok?

Good thing is apart from maybe Spiderman 2 I likely won't be playing any of those other games.
I almost died laughing when I played GOW Ranarok. There is a part near the end, after Ragnarok itself, were you go talk to the people who are going to lead the Aesir and Vanir and every single one is a woman. The only male that survives is the black dude lmao. Even the fucking dwarfs who help you and craft your stuff during the game are swapped for a female dwarf.

Sony first party output is literal cancer.
Is such a tragedy modern Sony only cares about their western IPs. Their Japanese output was so much more interesting.
Yes. Team ICO, quirky, interesting Japan Studio games like The Last Guy, Echochrome, Patapon and Tokyo Jungle... all lost to SJW 'cinematic' popamole.

Not to mention Japan Studio oversaw the development of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. It wasn't all From.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Oh yes? Somehow I didn't notice anything complex or interesting about your way of thinking. Only excessive nervousness, depression and psychotic periods, which is typical both for alcoholics and in places where there is little sun during the year.

I like it. I like it when someone stands up for themselves, Lord knows there're enough of fragile pussies on Codex. You're okay in my book. Respect for you to stand up for yourself, unlike the French military ever did. You surpassed my view of Frenchies.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I like it. I like it when someone stands up for themselves, Lord knows there're enough of fragile pussies on Codex. You're okay in my book. Respect for you to stand up for yourself, unlike the French military ever did. You surpassed my view of Frenchies.

It was surprising, but...thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom