Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

grimace

Arcane
https://www.alanwake.com

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/alan-wake-2

Just announced!

51736398821_1e22d8526d_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

grimace

Arcane
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/09/alan-wake-2-announced-for-ps5/

A new survival horror experience from Remedy, coming 2023.

Sam Lake
Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment

Alan Wake was the first Remedy Entertainment game where we were planning on a sequel already when working on the first game. It was a lesson learned from Max Payne, our breakout hit game, where the idea of a sequel never crossed our minds before the game was out. With Max Payne, it all worked out great in the end, even if the first story wasn’t planned with a follow-up in mind. But so, with Alan Wake, we were thinking about a sequel early on.

When we, at the end of the game, left Alan Wake off in the supernatural nightmare dimension of the Dark Place, it felt like a fitting end to our horror story, but also like a cool cliffhanger of things to come. Alan Wake is about the laws of drama, and we knew that for the story to continue, for Alan Wake to survive, it would have to be a hard journey for him. We didn’t know that it was going to be a hard journey for us at Remedy as well. But looking back now, it’s clear that it had to be a hard journey, because if anything, Alan Wake is about the struggle to create a work of art. Fiction becoming reality. And it’s also the reason, for its themes of an artist’s process, that Alan Wake has always meant the world to me.

Images within this article are from CG trailer, not actual gameplay.

For over a decade, after Alan Wake, in between every project we have made, I have eagerly worked on Alan Wake 2 with a small core team, dreaming up different incarnations of the concept. But getting a large game project funded and greenlit is a complex effort that depends on many things, some of which are beyond our control. We never gave up hope. If anything, we grew more determined as years passed. Each version of the concept felt better than the previous one. It is easy to feel happy and excited now that Alan Wake 2 is finally happening based on our latest iteration of the concept, and not the ones that came before that. We’re so happy to be at this point, after so much hard work, sharing our excitement with you.

With Control, our game from 2019, we established the Remedy Connected Universe, where both Control and Alan Wake exist in the same universe. AWE, the second expansion of Control, builds a crossover event between the two games, and hints of things to come. Control was the first Remedy Universe game on PlayStation. And after it, we had the perfect opportunity to release Alan Wake Remastered also on PlayStation this fall. It’s been wonderful to see so many of you visit the small town of Bright Falls for the first time.

I also want to make it clear that playing our previous games is not required in any way to fully enjoy Alan Wake 2, but to those interested it will add to the backstory of it.

We have now announced Alan Wake 2. This is a monumental moment for us at Remedy. For me personally. Leading up to the announcement, our internal codename for the sequel has been Project Big Fish. David Lynch has said: “Ideas are like fish. If you want to catch little fish, you can stay in the shallow water. But if you want to catch the big fish, you’ve got to go deeper.” Alan Wake 2 is our big fish. We are diving deeper than ever, into an ocean of darkness.

Whereas the first Alan Wake had horror elements in it, it was an action game. Alan Wake 2 is Remedy’s first survival horror game. Our take on the genre. Our opportunity to truly connect the gameplay and the story. It is a deep, layered mystery. So, Alan Wake 2 confirmed and coming in 2023 presented by Epic Games Publishing. Thank you, our long-standing fans, this is what you have been waiting for, and welcome to those who are just discovering Alan Wake’s story.

grimace

Arcane
1789f9e286539c3e3072116fd8494e570a184470.jpg

The Face of Alan Wake

Alan Wake 2 seems to still feature Ilkka Villi as the real life face model of Alan Wake.

Bradley Cooper and Jake Gyllenhaal are not playing Alan Wake.

2021-12-09_23-086sjfd.png

https://abload.de/img/2021-12-09_23-086sjfd.png

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1456184/

Alan Wake Remastered will feature higher-quality textures but in addition to that will feature new and updated character models as well.

According to in-game screenshots shared by an Amazon product listing earlier today, protagonist Alan Wake will receive a facelift in the upcoming remastered game. His new face model now bares more resemblance to the Finnish actor Ilkka Vili who originally played the titular character and provided all motion-captured sessions and facial expressions. Hence, it is only fitting that Alan Wake Remastered updates the lead face model to the live-action actor in tribute.

https://segmentnext.com/face-model-alan-wake-remastered/

Ilkka Villi (born August 4, 1975) is a Finnish actor known for his roles as the physical model for Alan Wake and his evil doppelganger, Mr. Scratch, although in both cases, even during live-action footage, Villi's voice is dubbed over by voice actor Matthew Porretta.

• Poets of the Fall Music Video (2010) for the song "War" as Alan Wake (actor)
  • Bright Falls (2010) as Alan Wake (actor)
  • Alan Wake (2010) as Alan Wake/Insane Alan/Mr. Scratch/TV Head Alan (actor/model)
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare (2012) as Alan Wake/Mr. Scratch (actor/model)

https://alanwake.fandom.com/wiki/Ilkka_Villi

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So Alan Wake is getting a remaster along with a sequel? Man this is almost like a Twin Peaks game getting announced.

grimace

Arcane
alanwake2x3jo8.jpg

Mediocrity incarnate is getting a sequel and a remake. We need a thread for them why?

Will Alan Wake in a survival horror game become a best seller?

Alan Wake Remastered was released on October 5, 2021, for Windows, and consoles.

Remedy said they had no plans on remastering Alan Wake's American Nightmare, believing that Alan Wake and the two DLC episodes formed a "sensible" package

Ash

Arcane
Yeah right like this game will be a survival horror. Actual survival horrors have been abandoned by everyone but indie devs for over 20 years

Ash

Arcane
Holy hell you cucks overrate Max Payne

Remedy haven't made a single worthy game since Max Payne to my knowledge, which itself is definitely good but not peak game industry or TPS

grimace

Arcane
alanwakewow4bjlk.jpg

Alan Wake II could be the sexy survival horror game to remedy the companies revenues.

>Alan Wake 1 is Xbox 360 exclusive
>Sales failure as a result because the entire audience was on PC
>Nobody gives a shit years later when it's ported to PC
>Everyone gets it on Humble Bundle for a dollar
>Alan Wake 2 is EGS exclusive
>Sales failure because the entire audience was on Steam
>Nobody gives a shit years later when it's released on a real platform
>Nobody pays for the game at all because Tim already paid for it

Alan Wake 2 needs a wide PC launch on all the platforms digtial storefronts at the same time to sell the maximum day one purchases.

Alan Wake 2 is coming to PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), and Xbox Series X in 2023, and will be published by Epic Games.

If it's not sold on PC on Steam on Day One . . . PC gamers gonna find a free digital version?

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
The other HORROR game announced at the Game Awards 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUGYL9aSww

野狗子: Slitterhead - Teaser Trailer - TGA 2021

Dec 10, 2021
2.3KDislikeShare
Save

Bokeh Game Studio

6K subscribers
The first official teaser trailer for 野狗子: Slitterhead, revealed at The Game Awards 2021.

In what way will Alan Wake Two lean in to the horror aspects? More psychological horror? Body horror?

What is survival horror? A resource management game?

lightbane

Arcane
Will the hero be able to stop chainsaws with his shitty jacket once again, then recover under the light of a lightbulb?

El Presidente

Arcane
Guys I shit you not: Max Payne himself was on stage and announced this game yesterday. Crazy I know! I also thought he was just a video game character

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice! Loved the first game and American Nightmare.
Also liked the story connection between that and Control - very curious how it will all come together. If it does, that is.

Not too sure about the genre as that is not something I usually play, but since they usually have rather unusual takes on any genre, I guess it'll be worth a try.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Holy hell you cucks overrate Max Payne

Remedy haven't made a single worthy game since Max Payne to my knowledge, which itself is definitely good but not peak game industry or TPS
I bet you overate New Vegas since you are a faggot.

Nice! Loved the first game and American Nightmare.
Also liked the story connection between that and Control - very curious how it will all come together. If it does, that is.

Not too sure about the genre as that is not something I usually play, but since they usually have rather unusual takes on any genre, I guess it'll be worth a try.

What?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom