Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Holy hell you cucks overrate Max Payne

Remedy haven't made a single worthy game since Max Payne to my knowledge, which itself is definitely good but not peak game industry or TPS
I bet you overate New Vegas since you are a faggot.

Nice! Loved the first game and American Nightmare.
Also liked the story connection between that and Control - very curious how it will all come together. If it does, that is.

Not too sure about the genre as that is not something I usually play, but since they usually have rather unusual takes on any genre, I guess it'll be worth a try.

What?

One of the DLCs in Control is about Alan Wake.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What's next for Alan Wake Remastered? How's Alan Wake 2 development going?

To celebrate the anniversary of Alan Wake (2010), we put together a video talking about the past and future Mr Wake, including updates for Alan Wake Remastered and Alan Wake 2.

Featuring Sam Lake (Creative Director at Remedy), Ilkka Villi (Alan Wake) and Matthew Porretta (Alan Wake) as our special guests.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/alan-wake-himself-says-alan-wake-2-is-supposed-to-come-out-in-october/

Remedy has previously said that Alan Wake 2 will release sometime this year, but it looks like Alan Wake himself may have let the cat out of the bag. The voice actor for the eponymous protagonist is Matthew Poretta and, appearing on the Monsters, Madness, and Magic podcast (thanks IGN), dated the game as coming out this October.

"I've been working on [Alan Wake 2]," said Porretta. "That's supposed to come out in October. We're in the middle of working on it now. In fact, I was just in Finland last week, that's where the company is from... Remedy, amazing people."

I've contacted Remedy to ask for comment and will update with any response. It is of course important to remember that Porretta is outside talent and is not speaking on the studio's behalf, so this may well be an old date or inaccurate. But hell, the guy is Alan Wake so you'd think he might have some idea.

Poretta also had a neat memory of scoring the role after he'd forgotten about the audition. "So I went and auditioned for this job 13 years ago, in fact it was Alan Wake's birthday on Sunday [...] six months later my agent called me up and was like 'hey you know that videogame you went in on'? I'm like 'no' [laughs]. 'Alan Wake, you got it'. I was 'oh, what am I doing in it?' He goes 'Alan Wake'. I'm like, 'oh, cool!'"

ADL

Prophet
Why is Alan Wake 2 a digital-only release?

There are many reasons for this. For one, a large number of have shifted to digital only. You can buy a Sony PlayStation 5 without a disc drive and Microsoft’s Xbox Series S is a digital only console. It is not uncommon to release modern games as digital-only.

Secondly, not releasing a disc helps keep the price of the game at $59.99 / €59.99 and the PC version at $49.99 / €49.99.

Finally, we did not want to ship a disc product and have it require a download for the game — we do not think this would make for a great experience either.

Is there a disc-based version of Alan Wake 2 in the works?

There are currently no plans to release Alan Wake 2 on disc.

What different versions of Alan Wake 2 will be available?

Standard Edition
: Includes the Alan Wake 2 digital base game.

Price: $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 on PC and $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 on Consoles

Deluxe Edition: Includes the Alan Wake 2 digital base game and the following exclusive content:

• Expansion Pass (Night Springs Expansion and Lake House Expansion)
  • Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga (Part of the Expansion Pass)
  • Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan
  • Crimson Windbreaker for Saga
  • Celebrity Suit for Alan
  • Lantern Charm for Saga
Price: $69.99 / €69.99 / £54.99 on PC and $79.99 / €79.99 / £64.99 on Consoles
https://www.alanwake.com/story/alan-wake-2-faq/
Don't bother holding out for a Steam release. Epic is publishing and funded the development 100%

garren

Arcane
Patron
Oh man once they get to the Max Payne remake they're gonna make him some browbeaten emasculated dude getting cucked by his wife with the junkies, getting lectured on by Monaqua later in the game.

orcinator

Liturgist
My dad works at Finland and he says once you finish the black cop segment she'll start following Alan Wake and then when they repeat that shitty feature from the first game where the camera pans around the scene to make sure the enemies don't scare you the black woman will be hollering lines like "OOOOOH LOOK OUT WHITE BOY DEY BEHIND YOUUUU"
A next level cinematic experience if I'd say so myself.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
All the authentic "being in a movie theater with blacks" experience from the comfort of your home.

Dexter

Arcane
Don't bother holding out for a Steam release. Epic is publishing and funded the development 100%
Good. Just means a lot less Sales for this dogshit. Should have happened with "Control" too.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mp.jpg

toughasnails

...and of course they'll try to emulate the gimmick from Twin Peaks S3.:roll:
Though I doubt they'll go as far, you'll probably get to play as (actual) Alan Wake at some point.

DemonKing

Arcane
They're not even doing a physical release for consoles, which sucks as you can usually get a new release console game on disc for $30-40 < than a digital version here (and then you can trade the disc version back when you're finished).

Don't think I'll be buying this at launch on any platform. I enjoyed the first game ok but the combat got very repetitive so happy to wait.

Ash

Arcane
Again, Alan Woke is such a goddamn mediocre game it's not even worth talking about. Name something it delivers, anything, just one aspect that is better than other horror games before it, and if you can't (you can't) then retardo the thread.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Again, Alan Woke is such a goddamn mediocre game it's not even worth talking about. Name something it delivers, anything, just one aspect that is better than other horror games before it, and if you can't (you can't) then retardo the thread.
Thanks for playing the game for us.

Ash

Arcane
I suppose Woke 2 could be totally different and monocled, sure. And for that extremely slim chance a thread is deserved. Still, where the fuck are the threads dedicated to actual good games in general gaming? Few and far between.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom