Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

Goldschmidt

Learned
Alan Wake was supposed to be open world but Remedy abandoned it when they made it xbox-exclusive thanks to Microsoft. It was all downhill from there.

Ivan

Arcane
I had quite a bit of fun with the gunplay focused DLC American Nightmare. It would be taken to greater heights if they can nail a survival horror feel where itemization and resource management play a bigger factor.

The base combat of Alan Wake felt, from what I recall, felt pretty "standard" with the flashlight being its only gimmick.

lightbane

Arcane
Anderson was a Quantum Break easter egg character...and she was a white blonde woman. Yap. I'm sure that's why they couldn't stick with Alan's wife (a more logical choice). They have the "excuse" "she's an already existing character from another game" but also "she's a barely known character from Quantum Break, so race swapping will be less noticeable by Alan Wake fans". It's so ridiculous.
I'm don't care about race per se...but inserting race swapping for pandering is so tiring and dissapointing. So sick with this "movement". Because it's not because an ambitious artistic vision or even an 'auteur' ideology. It's algorithm and nothing else. Also in a game named, I don't know, ALAN WAKE xD .
So, she's not even a new character, but a literal reskin of an already existing one, which was white but of course? Typical.

orcinator

Liturgist
>EGS exclusive

Mother Goddamned fucker, I hope someone gets a box of dead rats in the mail for this.
Why are people complaining like it being easier to pirate is a bad thing?

Not that anyone should pirate this, given they decided to abandon Control's conceptually cool but mechanically crappy gameplay for "RE4 but shit (again)".

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Gameplay appears to be in the same league as the original, I.E., complete popamole shit.

That part at least they got right.

beardalaxy

Educated
I was interested in this game until I saw the trailer at SGF. The first game had some weird pacing but it always ended up keeping me hooked right at the end of any given play session. I ended up enjoying it. The game was actually better with the music turned off... it got super atmospheric. So when I heard they were taking a more psychological horror route with this one I was intrigued. No way in hell do I want to play as this glowie for half the game, though, especially if she's gonna' be making those quips to herself the whole time.

Zlaja

Arcane
How is remedy still alive? They keep making one mediocre game after another, but somehow always make enough money to keep going.

Their long time fans are like: "if I just keep supporting them, I'm sure they will hit a home run next time".

ADL

Prophet
Their worst game (Quantum Break) was still better than 95% of everything else that released in that period and Control, which I consider a spiritual successor, more than made up for it. It did quite well commercially too; enough to get a sequel and standalone multiplayer spinoff title.

They should really just delay this until December at least, ideally January/February. Too much competition in Fall 2023.

grimace

Arcane
Their worst game (Quantum Break) was still better than 95% of everything else that released in that period and Control, which I consider a spiritual successor, more than made up for it. It did quite well commercially too; enough to get a sequel and standalone multiplayer spinoff title.

They should really just delay this until December at least, ideally January/February. Too much competition in Fall 2023.

Remedy Entertainment probably needs base game on sale before end of fiscal year.

Unlock exclusive content with the Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition.​

• Digital base game
  • Expansion Pass
    • Night Springs Expansion (additional story content)**
    • Lake House Expansion (additional story content)**
    • Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga
** Additional story content available post-launch, more to be unveiled later.

Not having any physical merchandise to ship out should streamline this process of release.

Will sales of base game determine how much attention and scope the additional story content** receives?

Ivan

Arcane
weak trailer. Wish they would have revealed more about the inventory/survival horror chops

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
INSANE NEXT GEN GRAFIX

Actually looks like total shit lmao.

Fog everywhere, shit brown or vomit green filter, low res textures, cartoony color palette, no anti-aliasing that i can even see, everything just screams console garbage BUT, it has RTX therefore teh amazing graphics. Just fucking lol.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom