Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien Swarm - On steam, for free

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ah well, Starcraft 2 happened.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I could be up for a game when i come back home, late in the Belgian night. I guess you are already on the Codex Steam group.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Ditto, I'm currently working on my research paper but I should have time today.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'll be available in about 3 hours from now. Though I might do Offline Practice first, Gragt can attest to my suckitude last night =p

ironyuri

I just played this popamole consoletrash shit for six hours... and I loved every second of it.

This shit is serious :incline: and it was fucking free.

I have burned, blasted (with numerous different weapons) and butt-fucked aliens for the last 6 hours. This shit even has bullet time if you use adrenaline.

what this is consoletrash popaturd i dont even

fuck it's so great.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Disabling friendly fire absorb and turning the director on is the only way to go. Else you are a fag.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ironyuri said:
I just played this popamole consoletrash shit for six hours... and I loved every second of it.

This shit is serious :incline: and it was fucking free.

I have burned, blasted (with numerous different weapons) and butt-fucked aliens for the last 6 hours. This shit even has bullet time if you use adrenaline.

what this is consoletrash popaturd i dont even

fuck it's so great.

Play original AS. It's much better.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
Play original AS. It's much better.

Did you play with Ashery? I use the same settings when I host and they rock. Mangoose can testify.

And he got balls of steel: I offered to remove these settings so he could play vanilla and learn the game but no, he wanted to get raped by an infinite horde of aliens.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Ashery, me or anyone else. It's all about creating an autoexec.cfg file containing

Code:
mp_friendlyfire 1
asw_marine_ff_absorption 0
asw_horde_override 1 
asw_wanderer_override 1

and placing it in <path to Steam>\steamapps\common\alien swarm\swarm\cfg.

ironyuri

This new shit is more awesome than all the old shit put together. Alien Swarm makes up for everything else I've played this year (Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Alpha Protocol, Empire: Total War, Fallout 3).

Valve releasing this for free and giving me hours of fun burning xeno scum has made up for every instant of :decline: :decline: :decline: that has punctuated this year for me. I am a happy man.

Go forth brave Codex and burn the xeno scum!

edit - By "happy man" I mean happy enough to become a tranny and unleash my inner woman.

JrK

Prophet
If any of you see me playing Alien Swarm, I'm probably in a "friends only" game with some of my friends. Feel free to join if we have slots left. Tonight someone named "smugparrot" joined, dunno who he is here, but he's a good player. :salute:

Multi-headed Cow

One thing I hope they change, the ability to get XP from custom maps. PURITY OF STATS isn't worth disabling that, especially once we start getting some custom maps/campaigns.

Although I guess I could just not be a dumbfuck and not prestige and keep all my goodies unlocked, but god damn it how can I say no to a little star icon?

Multi-headed Cow

Holy balls they need to change the tesla gun achievement after they changed how that gun works. The new implementation is good (Great at stunning, almost no damage) but 250 kills with it currently is ridiculous. I only needed 25 left to get the achievement when they changed the gun, and I've managed 4 kills with it since then.

ironyuri

I play mainly support (ie: heavy weapons) and I enjoy the game that way. I don't seem to do very well as officer/tech. Medic is second to heavy for me.

So, Codexers, should I friend some of you so we can burn xeno-scum together?

Ashery

Prophet
The Codex group works well enough, but with many people having Steam names different from their names on the 'dex, it's often difficult to find people who I know would be interested in a game.

ironyuri

Ashery said:
The Codex group works well enough, but with many people having Steam names different from their names on the 'dex, it's often difficult to find people who I know would be interested in a game.

I made my 'dex name my steam name because right now Alien Swarm is the only game I play online. (unless you count the online activation games I own like Mass Effect 2 in which case :rage:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom