Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alkahest - Murky Medieval Fantasy First-Person Action RPG with Highly Interactive Environment

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://alkahestgame.com

ss_0bcc3e942e35e1e08aed5cb39f7609cb63c68520.jpg

ss_38ec1bfaaa828e781c7e72aa521b9f7cf02b5225.jpg

ss_fcc4b279ac162d1430d832a304eaf40d1ee436bc.jpg

Grounded fantasy adventure​

When the sun rises over the kingdom of Kadanor, it casts long shadows. Explore a world mired in feodal turmoil, where the balance of power between the three major houses is fragile.

As the youngest son of a petty lord, you’re no hero. And to become someone, you’ll have to prove your worth through sweat and blood. Investigating unusual goblin raids on the county border may be the chance you've been waiting for.

Explore castles, forests, villages and other realistic settings, while meeting its residents and making interesting decisions on your journey.

Alkahest_7.gif

Dynamic combat with a focus on interactive environment​

Build your combo and execute it against enemies. Drop a tree on their head, kick them off a cliff, set them on fire. In Alkahest, fast-paced close combat within a richly interactive environment takes center stage.

Use all advantages – alchemical potions, daggers, relics, and more! Even a rope can become a deadly weapon in skillful hands.

Alkahest_4.gif

Master the craft of Alchemy​

Instead of magic, Alkahest will feature alchemy, a complex and important game system. Follow a recipe or mix gathered ingredients at your own discretion. Use the substance as a throwable, a weapon oil, plant it into an NPC's pocket or even drink it yourself. In each scenario, outcomes can be unpredictable.

Sticky death or heady encouragement – what are you brewing next?

Alkahest_8.gif

Immerse yourself in the journey​

We are players ourselves and believe in quality over quantity. So a big no to a bloated map and dull filler quests.

We strive to create a highly interactive and believable world with semi open-world locations, packed with secrets and adventure. With branching gameplay options, inspired by Dishonored, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Kingdom Come: Deliverance and other genre-defining games.

WISHLIST NOW and follow Alkahest on social media to stay notified about important announcements!

Last edited by a moderator:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Huh. Was somehow expecting this to be related to the old SNES action rpg when I saw the title.

I'm always leery of these games that promise environmental interaction. Feels like it always ends up being a series of very scripted scenarios rather than anything you use organically. It tends to make for very cool trailers and screenshots but lame gameplay with little freedom.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my only gripe is bow placement during shooting. Could only be done by someone who never saw a bow being fired

Vulpes

Scholar
Because the idea of picking flowers between fights sounds fucking boring and tedious. Not to mention that the gameplay loses a lot of it's spontaneity when you have to prepare these things in advance. A mage simply casts spells as he needs them, while an alchemist can only hope that he brewed the right combination of potions beforehand for whatever is up ahead.

Conan

Arcane
Yeee Haaaw!

This has the strongest DarkMessiah vibes since Dark Messiah. Now crossing all the fingers this comes out fine!

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
The protagonist doesn't seem to have any magic, which is sad, because magic was the second best part of Dark Messiah. Shrinking people and then stomping them to death, turning them into ice statues, shit was amazing.

Because the idea of picking flowers between fights sounds fucking boring and tedious. Not to mention that the gameplay loses a lot of it's spontaneity when you have to prepare these things in advance. A mage simply casts spells as he needs them, while an alchemist can only hope that he brewed the right combination of potions beforehand for whatever is up ahead.
This is functionally how 2E D&D wizards worked. If you memorized the wrong spells for the days situations...oops! I agree that the biggest problem with alchemy in games is that it forces the player into crafting tedium. Crafted items are also generally still underpowered given the time and resource tax they incur.

Turn_BASED

Educated
The “gameplay” in the trailer is all pre-rendered, not actual gameplay. I hope the real game can produce a similar feel.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Does anyone know the producer? Seems like it's their first game...

Still, it really looks like DMoMM.
There is very little information about them, at least in English. All I could dig up is from their press release stating they're based in Cyprus and are a team of 42 so-called industry veterans. No references or previous work experience. Still, looks good and I'm a fan of the genre. Fingers crossed that they can deliver.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
This is functionally how 2E D&D wizards worked. If you memorized the wrong spells for the days situations...oops! I agree that the biggest problem with alchemy in games is that it forces the player into crafting tedium. Crafted items are also generally still underpowered given the time and resource tax they incur.
Yeah, I don't see any problems with the alchemy side of things, that's just pure flavour really. No reason you can't craft things that do whatever you'd want a spell to do; right up to and including firing lightning bolts or summoning monsters. Besides, mana is a boring and overused mechanic that is rarely managed well anyways.

And I mean, it's in the fucking title. Alkahest is a mythical alchemy solvent.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Looks great but also extremely fake. Until they release a playable demo, this is firmly in the vaporware/possible scam category.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom