Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Alpha Protocol: EU vs. US Reviews

Felix

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
I think that extends the meaning of the word too much though. The AI can certainly be buggy, but the AI system in itself is not a bug.

Yep, the AI system is not a bug, different factions use different methods, anyone bother reading the dossiers should know this.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
1249515685693.jpg

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
yeah, seriously...
ridable dinosaurs vs. unfaithful misogynist jew is pretty much a no-brainer.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
:lol: Yeah. It would be even cooler if Jesus were riding on a velociraptor or a Tiranosaurus.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Suchy said:

Mmmm.... love fat chicks.

Chick on the left has only 3 holes + a cleavage to to stick your dick. Chicks on the right.... well you could fuck pretty much any part of their body - even their elbows.

Fat chicks win - so many more options....

Now that I know what American chicks look like, I may migrate :smug:

circ said:
In AP, I couldn't aim no matter how many points I put into a weapon skill. If it wasn't for time slowing down, I could barely get the reticule where I wanted it.
You must be shit at playing games. My three year old nephew could probably aim and kill people in AP if I let him play. Weapons are harder to use with less skill in them, but when it's higher up, it seems far easier to me. Even a few points in SMG made those crazy guns far easier to control.

Dny

Educated
I'm sorry but Eurofags lose here for praising the Brotocols and I live in Eurofaghistan.

Felix

Arcane
Irrelevant since it's about Alpha Protocol, not Brotocols.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lockkaliber said:
I said it in the comments of the article but I'm gonna say it here as well: I didn't encounter any single game breaking bug in my playthrough of AP. In fact, I am hard pressed to remember a single bug that even bothered me in the slightest, except for one CTD. To me, the rigid fixation on bugs that the reviewers have had seems to be a cheap excuse to criticize a game that they didn't even take the time to try to understand. They played it like it was Mass Effect and got sorely disappointed. Criticize a game for what it is, not what you want it to be.

You hit it right there. I did get the occasional AI enemies just stand in place and stare at the walls bug, but for me it was a god send as going non-lethal was bloody hard and any respite was good ;)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dny said:
I'm sorry but Eurofags lose here for praising the Brotocols and I live in Eurofaghistan.

Yeah, but you're a barking mad French repressed closeted tranny nazi fag so your opinion regarding, well, anything is kinda irrelevant.

commie said:
Lockkaliber said:
I said it in the comments of the article but I'm gonna say it here as well: I didn't encounter any single game breaking bug in my playthrough of AP. In fact, I am hard pressed to remember a single bug that even bothered me in the slightest, except for one CTD. To me, the rigid fixation on bugs that the reviewers have had seems to be a cheap excuse to criticize a game that they didn't even take the time to try to understand. They played it like it was Mass Effect and got sorely disappointed. Criticize a game for what it is, not what you want it to be.

You hit it right there. I did get the occasional AI enemies just stand in place and stare at the walls bug, but for me it was a god send as going non-lethal was bloody hard and any respite was good ;)

Is that always a bug? I mean if they are completely unalerted and just walking around making their rounds, I would expect them to be a bit lazy and drift off a few times over hours of monotonous patrolling. Now if they are doing it on alert it's obviously a bug.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Overweight Manatee said:
commie said:
Lockkaliber said:

Is that always a bug? I mean if they are completely unalerted and just walking around making their rounds, I would expect them to be a bit lazy and drift off a few times over hours of monotonous patrolling. Now if they are doing it on alert it's obviously a bug.

Well it's when it happens just after they lose alert status and instead of going back to their rounds, they just stand in place, sometimes right next to each other and you can take them out with the 'e' or 'space' just by walking up from behind and the guy beside doesn't notice..

Bigger problem for me is the disappearing bodies. It's pretty gamey to just leave a body in the middle of a patrol, quickly turn around and move abit so it goes away and doesn't alert the guards. Hate some of the boss fights too which are bloody hard for a stealth character and the lack of saves anywhere.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I don't get it - how Kwans are stupid when its europeans who like the godawful piece of shit that is AP?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hilarious. Everyone knows a handful of pics showing how much more 'hot' European chicks suppsoedly are comapred to Amerikan ones is actual proof they are hotter.

It's so full of butthurt espicially since most European countries will go gaga over Amerikan produced shit than Amerikans would eat up European made shit.

Seriously, guys, how cna people claim European reviewers are that so smart when they praise games like Oblivion, FO, and all those BIOO games that the Codes claims to hate.

Does. not. compute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom