Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol sucks massive Multi-Headed Dick

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I also LIKED RISEN THIS MUCH! :smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hobo Elf said:
Tried to replay Alpha Protocol today, but lost interest p. fast once I realised I had to play all those craptastic mini games again. Fucking stop with them. Regular skill checks should be enough.
http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/639636904
http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/654812230
http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/177439741547934762
Wrong. :smug:

I'm also pretty sure you only have to play the minigames in the tutorial, after that you can just use EMPs for the mandatory ones and skip all the optional.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tsk...you just suck at being a spy...:smug:

Roleplay a shitty spy and rambo the game through, you chose to skip the mini game, hence eat the shootastic consequences.

meh

Educated
The minigames were true cazadores. Is there a mod to disable/skip/simplify them?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Codexians only like minigames which can be finished blindfolded, without any skill. :M I don't get it, where is the fun in a minigame, if it doesn't offer any challange (which is true to 99% of minigames)?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The problem isn't that mini-games are too challenging. It's that they SUCK.

AP's mini-games are pretty damned easy.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Until the end anyway, when you get 10 nodes to bypass a circuit, or the codes in the hacking game change fast. Lockpicking is trivial unless you use a pad, which it was designed for.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker said:

No, as I see it most people complain about them, because they can't do them.

I think they are very clever minigames, requireing good hand-eye coordination.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
J_C said:
Grunker said:

No, as I see it most people complain about them, because they can't do them.

I think they are very clever minigames, requireing good hand-eye coordination.

And since when are RPGs solely based on the Players Twitching/coordination skills, not the characters skills? :retarded:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Grunker said:
J_C said:
Grunker said:

requireing good hand-eye coordination.

Which surely is what RPGs need more of!
I can bear with them in an action-RPG. And the skills affect the minigames, so it's not entirely on the player skill.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I finished the game with a rambo character and 0 sabotage. I didn't skip anything that I could hack and had no problems whatsoever.

Does that make me 1337?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
I finished the game with a rambo character and 0 sabotage. I didn't skip anything that I could hack and had no problems whatsoever.

Does that make me 1337?

I'm doing the same thing in this replay, so maybe we're both 1337.

I'm fine with minigames in AP as well. In later stages of game they do get a bit tedious, but by that time I can bring enough EMP's into missions so what the heck. And I really like the hacking minigame cause I find to be a good exercise for my eyes.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Multidirectional said:
And I really like the hacking minigame cause I find to be a good exercise for my eyes.
big-eyes410x277.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom