Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Am I the only one getting slowdowns?

janior

Arcane
Patron
slowdowns are part of the design, dont question it

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
this forum is twenty fucking years old and the admins have had twenty fucking years of experience running it
it's unacceptable how shit it's running
fix this immediately

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Everything's fine on the server side.
maybe it's cloudflare or whatever, site was timing out for me while it clearly worked for others in the shoutbox (they were still posting)

slowdowns might affect some geo locations and not others

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Everything's fine on the server side.
maybe it's cloudflare or whatever, site was timing out for me while it clearly worked for others in the shoutbox (they were still posting)

slowdowns might affect some geo locations and not others
Definitely not CF, as we don't use it. But yes, other servers on-route from our server to your computer could be having issues and this would result in connectivity issues.

I've started getting them randomly in the past couple of weeks. Nowhere near as bad or as consistently when the thread was made though

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Same here. Not often enough that I bothered with writing about it, but now that I see others comment on it...

Edit: For whatever it's worth, the site had been running great for several months.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom