Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

i got a harder one to guess, and this time i'm sure i'm not going to find the answer in 30 seconds. a race game with a ww1 biplane, seen from behind, in the desert.

while we're here: i played a more advanced "wing of fury", probably on amiga aga but might have been on pc, doubt, not entirely sure. any idea? no, i don't think it was jetstrike, yet it also had different planes, maybe helicopters too, and when you were low on hp (or nosediving into the ground) it started shouting "eject-eject!".

Last edited:
The soothing sounds of installing Workbench 1.3 onto your hard drive.
holy shitcrap. "soothing"? the real sound is nowhere near that... dentist drill. the pitch is much, much, MUCH lower.

these are (fucking obviously) real floppies. can you hear how the vibrations are like 10 times slower than that?

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The soothing sounds of installing Workbench 1.3 onto your hard drive.
holy shitcrap. "soothing"? the real sound is nowhere near that... dentist drill. the pitch is much, much, MUCH lower.

these are (fucking obviously) real floppies. can you hear how the vibrations are like 10 times slower than that?

That's a video about some demos that use the floppy to generate "music". So not sure what your point is. The built-in floppy emulation sounds in WinUAE are quite authentic sounding.

In any case, you're probably splitting hairs—the floppy sound emulation IS nostalgic and is definitely in the ballpark how the real thing sounds.

yeah, thank you, i browsed the whole lemonamiga database, it's either a case of bad memory or bootlegging. but i haven't found the other one. i get it, i downloaded it from aminet, but lemonamiga lists even the worst amos shit sold for a week on a single block in warsaw...

this is just so damn cool. according to mobygames, that game like wings of fury and jetstrike, it doesn't exist.

btw, i found my mystery game not even listed on mobygames.
tiger's bane - from aminet cd 33 - october 1999. sometimes my memory is frightening, even when confused.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
btw, i found my mystery game not even listed on mobygames.
tiger's bane - from aminet cd 33 - october 1999. sometimes my memory is frightening, even when confused.

DamienD Winuae collection has that
ftp2.grandis.nu ftp ftp

Mortmal

Arcane
From indieretronews

Here's the latest from the website. "Despite being badly damaged and infested with alien monsters, if it can be recovered, the technology contained on board will mean a fresh start and bright future for our world. Your team of three robots has been sent to the space ship Ecliptic. Guide them as they make repairs, clear out aliens and overcome the onboard security systems. They must reach the bridge, take control of the ship and bring it home".
"Ecliptic is a mixture of turn based tactical combat and role playing for the Commodore Amiga. Some of its influences are Space Crusade, UFO: Enemy Unknown and the Gold Box Dungeons & Dragons games. Visually, it is intended to evoke the retro-futuristic science fiction of the 1970s and 1980s – think Aliens".
Current State
  • Still in development.
  • No sound.
  • Only PAL displays are supported.
  • Requires 1MB of RAM.
  • Fast RAM and HD are recommended.
  • Amiga 1200 with HD and Fast RAM is ideal.

Luzur

Good Sir

hEkX8k.png

Legend of Wilf (C64)​

A downloadable game
Download NowName your own price

Behold a magical adventure through time and space. Ulrich the arch wizard has finally achieved his lifetime work of discovering all the locations of the fabled Dragon Amulet pieces. But he's so old now, who is going to help Ulrich fetch the pieces of the Dragon Amulet?​

Enter Tony Wilf - Ulrich’s athletic young apprentice - and Ulrich is about to cast a TRANSFORM spell on him.

Ulrich
: "Apprentice Wilf, at last I have discovered all the pieces of the Dragon Amulet. But I am so old, so I need you to retrieve them for me. For this task I have granted you powers beyond your wildest dreams… behold your new wings!"

Wilf: "These... ? They’re mine? I don’t want wings. I thought you were going to make me a badass like Doc The Destroyer or something. Besides, why would I need to fly to get an amulet?"
Ulrich: "Haven't you ever dreamed of flying Wilf?"
Wilf: "No"

Ulrich: "Where you are going is dangerous… No time to explain. I must send you to the first location: 10,000,000 years BC. There are dinosaurs, and annoyingly positioned traps… Don’t worry about the dinosaurs - now you have wings you can simply fly over them."

Wilf: "But… I look like a damn Moth… I hate Moths."

Ulrich: "We’re running out of time, in a few days the dragons will be fully awake and burning this place to the ground - if that happens we’ll all die and you’ll be trapped in whatever time zone you are, and I guarantee you they don’t have WIFI."

Wilf Gulps, and with that, Ulrich casts his TIME WARP spell and Wilf vanishes into a puff of blue and yellow smoke.

You are Tony Wilf. And this is Legend of Wilf!​

A new C64 arcade adventure featuring gorgeous chunky pixelated colour graphics. Smoothly animated 50fps movement, tight controls, plus all the annoying, unfair enemy spawns and water sections you’d expect from a C64 game.​

Can you retrieve the mysterious amulet pieces for your master Ulrich?​

Controls​

Standard Controls:
Left/Right - Walk or fly left/right
Fire - Fly up or swim down
Up - Also Fly
Alternative Controls
Left/Right - Walk or Fly left/right
Fire - Fly up or swim down
Fire + Up - Exit water sections

In Game Keys:​

• Press F1: - Infinite Lives (If Cheat mode on - border will turn blue)
  • Press F3 - Skip Level (If Cheat mode on)
  • Press F7 - Quit
  • Press M - Toggles music
  • Press S - Toggles SFX
  • Press P - Pause

Options:​

• Difficulty: Easy (9 Wilfs) Normal (5 Wilfs) Hard (3 Wilfs) Iron Wilf (1 Wilf)
  • Cheats: On (Enables Cheat keys)

Credits:​

• Code: hayesmaker64
  • Music: Stepz
  • Additional Music & SFX: DMX87
  • Graphics: Stacbats and theJolieJones
  • Technical help and compression: Tony Savona & TS Crunch
  • Title logo: Rotteroy
  • Testing: Wilf Team
  • Original game concept: Kokotoni Wilf (Elite Systems 1984)

https://hayesmaker64.itch.io/legend-of-wilf

scala and vistapro are still the best in their respective fields. and it's both stunningly impressive and stunningly depressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom