Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Andrzej Sapkowski doesn't like computer games, hasn't played The Witcher series

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Guess his books got the adaptation they deserved.
:smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty sure he didn't feel this way when he cashed their check.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Meh, it would be nice if CdProjekt made cRPG based on andrzej Pilipiuk's character Jakub Wędrowycz. Dark comedy crpg would be cool.

Can you imagine what the gameplay would look like? An adventure game - maybe. But an RPG?
Story driven and linear, as Witcher. Definitely not sandbox.

That's not gameplay. You surely don't mean that Jakub should walk around the forest, killing drowners and vampyres with a shovel or face a gigantic dragon. Parodies just do not match the scope of a complex projects, such as RPGs.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Meh, it would be nice if CdProjekt made cRPG based on andrzej Pilipiuk's character Jakub Wędrowycz. Dark comedy crpg would be cool.

Can you imagine what the gameplay would look like? An adventure game - maybe. But an RPG?
Story driven and linear, as Witcher. Definitely not sandbox.

That's not gameplay. You surely don't mean that Jakub should walk around the forest, killing drowners and vampyres with a shovel or face a gigantic dragon. Parodies just do not match the scope of a complex projects, such as RPGs.
You're absolutely right. Its just loose idea to use unusual comedy setting instead of slightly pimped medieval fantasy.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Why not :D ? Actually, I think it would be a pretty great setting for a Fallout-style cRPG.

MCA
Fallout 2 was a fucking parody in its entirety. Codex Top 10.

Sapkowski strikes me as the same kind of person as Lyric Suit; sheltered for life, living in intellectual isolation and building a xenophobic perception of world based on his immediate surrounding while vilifying all that is alien.

alx3apps

Educated
Just some notes about witcher books from someone who read them.

There are no such thing as unified witcher series.

First two canonical witcher books were printed in 1986 and 1992. These are short stories collections all about Geralt.
One of the best fantasy books I ever read. Stories are mostly separate one from another, completely unepic - local witcher affairs mostly.

The next 4 witcher books were printed from 1994 to 1998. Not shit/pulp, but really read'n'forgot books - epic, boring, repeats itself etc.

I'm not a fan, have read them all ten years ago once then reread first and second.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I realise that current times accustom us - which I find terrible - to the strange convergence of media and the freedom of mixing them. To me as a writer, the idea to write 'adjuvant content' and create something 'complementary' to a game or a comic is an absolute pinnacle of idiocy

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom