Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AOD Release Date and the nature of Indie Projects

Dele

Liturgist
LOL NIGGA

This game is starting to remind me of duke nukem forever, still looking forward to it though.

BearBomber

Scholar
AoD would me much better if the game and combat systems weren't copied from Fallout, and used hexes.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The jig is up, Vincent Dominique Weller...

or should I say...

TIM CAIN???

BearBomber

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
BearBomber said:
AoD would me much better if the game and combat systems weren't copied from Fallout....
Copied from Fallout?

The character cards looks very simmilar in both games. There are identical stats. The abilities system is pretty much the same, only with different abilities and no focused abilities (or whatever that was called in FO).
I also can't see a difference in combat system. People move and hit each other using AP which number is based on agility, there are some special attacks and that's it.
It looks like the same system, it was corrected and expanded, but the core remained untouched. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Silellak

Cipher
BearBomber said:
There are identical stats.

It's true. I can't think of any other game system that uses Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Perception, Intelligence, and Charisma as stats.

Sure, a lot of it looks inspired by Fallout...but...why is that a bad thing, exactly?

BearBomber

Scholar
Silellak said:
BearBomber said:

It's true. I can't think of any other game system that uses Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Perception, Intelligence, and Charisma as stats.

Sure, a lot of it looks inspired by Fallout...but...why is that a bad thing, exactly?

I didn't said it was bad. I just think that fresh system would be much better. It's a RPG, genre based on board games. Different rules = different gameplay = awesome.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Silellak said:
Inspired is one thing. Copied is another.

BearBomber said:
The character cards looks very simmilar in both games.
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedt ... shamus.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... 8_0179.jpg

If anything, the stats are identical to DnD, not Fallout.

The abilities system is pretty much the same, only with different abilities and no focused abilities (or whatever that was called in FO).
The word you are looking for is skill-based. And no, Fallout wasn't the first skill-based game.

I also can't see a difference in combat system. People move and hit each other using AP which number is based on agility, there are some special attacks and that's it.
You described a generic AP system. And no, Fallout wasn't the first game featuring turn-based combat with action points.

Different rules = different gameplay = awesome.
The rules are completely different. For example, we don't have armor class. That alone changes a lot of things. Awesome?

Anyway, that's the combat system. You also mentioned that the game is copied from Fallout. Care to elaborate?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom