Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apparently a standalone Dota is in beta

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
The models are low poly and the textures look like shit even with highest settings possible.
You playing zoomed in or what? Dumbfuck, it isn't about graphix, inane argument.

just look at this shit
That's why I only play SD/Random, somewhat less of that shit.

One thing to remember about the DoTA community is that, early on at least, it was made up of people who were so awful at WC3 that they couldn't play ladder without getting their ass kicked, even in multiplayer (and it is generally considered that anything more than 2x2 is a no skill game - the imporant ladders have always been 1x1, 2x2 and FFA, though FFA is disputable as there's a lot of luck involved, and so skill only shows up when averaging a lengthy series). There were many of those, especially because lots of players couldn't get their head around the very simple idea that many of the stronger builds and classes couldn't win an upfront fight, but worked on hit-n-run tactics, or that you can't afford to just throw away ghouls and footman and expect to be even come lategame. Then they'd go 'oh, there must be some special combination of units', because they couldn't comprehend simple 'scout and counter'. Early DoTA was full of those players - have a dive into the WC3 custom map community, or the 4x4 matches, and see how similar the community there is to the DoTA community. I suspect that may have set the trend, with the DoTA community well being poisoned as a result:-(

Avu

Liturgist
Those tarts don't fucking read forums and sometimes they don't fucking read at all...

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Haha. FINALLY.
Team matchup:
Pollywog Priest (me)
Bane succubus? (my friend)
Pestilence
Blacksmith
Swiftblade (complete noob who spent 4 minutes trying to figure out how to buy items then left when we flamed him enough)

Enemy Team:
Bloodhunter
Chronos
Scout
Queen of Pain (whatever shes called)
Luna

Luna and Bloodhunter are both easy as fuck heroes to play with I Win Button ults, both in DotA and HoN, but they were still so fucked. 4 AGI and Queen of Pain (who is kind of an underpowered crappy hero) against nukers and gankers and pushers. Final score was something like 37-14. 8 of those kills were by bloodhunter. That hero is just ridiculous, honestly, he was pissing me off in DotA today too. Then again, Bane is probably THE most easy hero to play ever 1v1 or 1v2 or even 1v3. Enfeeble1 , nightmare2, sap3, grip3.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Good god. What did they do to Bane?

This is the old Bane
Bane_Elemental_by_nightingal3.jpg

This is the new Bane
succubus.jpg

Only instead of using a whip she throws...pink devil fork blasts, you know like cartoon devils hold.

I have to say though that the new Queen of Pain looks really, really good.

Padre

Liturgist
How come I never see you in game lately huh guys ?

Last time I saw someone was Occ and it was like noon here and 4 am on his side .

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I had to put it down for a while. Broken characters not getting fixed + spectacularly retarded people in pubs was wearing me thin.

I don't care how new you are, even if you've never played an RTS before in your life, it should take you all of 15 seconds to find the shop. You might buy something retarded, but going 30 minutes without buying anything because it's your first game isn't an excuse. Ditto with people not knowing the basics of what their skills do because they can't be assed to read the tooltips. These people are so stupid I could kill them by placing a woodchipped in their bedroom, with full warning labels. And they defend themselves by saying it's only a game, as though being a retard is somehow acceptable as long as you aren't performing brain surgery or something, and wasting 30 minutes of 9 other peoples lives doesn't make you a total ass if they can't physically throttle you for it.

Padre

Liturgist
Since I started playing +1650 games it got really better. Less r-tards, less agi carries, actual teamwork, you name it.

It's not possible in all games but last few games were really good. Some of them we lost but simply by being outplayed and not because of a leaver/dumbass. Nothing wrong in that I think.

As for braindead players - I can't imagine playing multiplayer, competetive game without any info about it, without reading guides, hero strats, item builds and so on. These shitheads should be kicked because 10 minutes into the game and 8 deaths is not a good sign for your team.

There is much qqing on the hon forum right now, mainly about elitist pricks who flame and kick newbs who dont have a clue ( even in noob games ). Appaarently newbs confuse noobs only games with no brain function games.

I have never played dota, started hon few weeks ago and having ~200 games played I consider myself not even a skilled player. I often do stupid things and learning all the time. The problem is, I'm trying to get better while those r-tards play 3 games, get kicked 2 times and raped some more and start throwing shit at the forum how this game is noob unfriendly. Go figure.

Geofferic

Educated
I hated that I couldn't upgrade my base or units in Newerth.

Demigod is the better game IMO, but needs a lot more content!

L'ennui

Magister
Ditch this lame-ass wowriffic kiddie ride and come join the suffering masses wandering the wastes. FOnline. FOnline never changes. (well, it does. The insanity therein doesn't, though.)

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Kinda offtopic but, had to reformat couple of weeks ago and ended up using a cracked Version of xp, Reinstalled Wc3 and tryed to patch and no matter what I do I get Critical error: FATAL ERROR! when I try to boot. Anyone know if this is becuase of my cracked xp or what?

Padre

Liturgist
I have an exam tommorow ( well, today since it's 6am here ), then I will have no time for like two weeks ( going on vacation and shit ) but when the year starts I think we can find some time to play :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom