Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apparently a standalone Dota is in beta

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah it's Drow with Viper's ult. Slightly less damage during laning (orb doesn't do 40 damage per shot lol), a lot more damage later on (aura). She is pretty ridiculous. Then again, so is Viper.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Hmm, might check this out.

Always preferred other similar maps to Dota (Eve of the Apocalypse comes to mind), but I'll take what I can get at this point. Demigod is depressing.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Oh, man. The new Dazzle rocks, only sad part is his attack animation isn't as good as in DotA. However, in return for that they took a super situational Shallow Grave and replaced it with pseudo-refraction shields, making him awesome.

Padre

Liturgist
Ok, Arachna is just ridiculous.

If you got someone with half a brain playing him, and he camps mid-lane, it just becomes unstoppable mid-game. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here because i'm new to the game, but for pub games he just seems ridiculously OP.

You're doing it wrong.

She's not OP, every blink hero can escape easily. She just needs to be controlled so that she cannot farm but that is valid for many heroes like Chronos, Madman etc. Just gank her till she ragequits.

edit : fucken quote tag

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
She's fairly hard to gank though. Her slow is enough that a melee can't chase her, and she can pretty much ignore any slow you throw on her. So basically to gank her you need to kill within 5 seconds. And she's ranged, so she doesn't need to be as far from safety as a melee hero does. Easily as safe as any blink hero from ganks.

Inziladun

Magister
Not to mention that there aren't many pubs out there that can effectively deny an arachna player. She always goes middle and more times than not, the middle player doesn't stay ahead of her in the leveling curve and then they realize they can't compete with an equal level Arachna but it's too late. By the time level 12 rolls by, she's unbeatable.

Obviously there's ways to beat her, but there's significantly less than other heroes. Which makes her OP IMO. I'm sure this is lessened in games where people know how to play, but for your standard PUBs it just means you get an unbeatable Arachna.

Padre

Liturgist
Pyro or Thunderbringer in mid solo rape her everyday. You really only need 2 sec stun to kill her with two heroes.

My last game playing arachna I could'nt farm anything because of Behemoth with portal key. He 2 shotted me. In team fights I was the first target because of my low health.

She's as OP as any carry if you let her farm freely.
KC back me up here will you ?

Avu

Liturgist
Patch 1.34

- Added bonus gold and experience for being within radius of a hero kill

Whohoooo!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
KC back me up here will you ?
Meh, she kind of kicks their asses due to orbwalking and projectile speed. You can't really solo against her unless you have a steady supply of mana (which she doesn't need) and even then she's still pretty tough, honestly if she is solo then dual laning against her is your best bet. My experience with TB against her has been:

You or he get into range by accident while dicking around with creeps, arachna shoots an orb, you decide to punish and blow your load, arachna isn't dead so she orbwalks you to death or into the red before your lightning cooldown is up. If you don't blow your load he will just keep orbwalking and you will have died accomplishing even less. I mean, Drow is obnoxious to lane against, and Viper is a complete nightmare to lane against AND is a wicked ganker. If you don't dick around with creeps arachna just last hits and denies every creep in the wave with her incredible projectile. Basically with TB all you can try to do is get in chain lightning to last hit a bunch, level up lightning rod instead of thunder at level 2 (though honestly she usually won't be in range if you're casting on creeps), and hope that harassment brings her down enough for a gank or something.

- Added bonus gold and experience for being within radius of a hero kill
Thank fucking god.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Please suck my dick, also I posted here first. Feel free to never visit this thread again, I will miss you, and you will never have to read anything I might've posted on the forums there ever again because that's a big deal.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah he's still sand king so he still rocks. But his model is so....blaaaaand. His hammer is polygonic. His spells look really cool but his animations and model are just disappointing.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Having this set in the Savage universe seems to be sucking out a lot of the life out of the characters. So many of them and the monsters are so generic fantasy mehish. WC3 had a lot of that too, but DotA used a wide variety, so there were cool things like Sandking and Slardar mixxed in with the orcs + elves + human/random animal mish-mash. DotA's biggest weakness character wise was the overabundance of trolls. So many of those fuckers, and they all look the same. In HoN pretty much every Legion character looks the same. Generic brawny human with bulky armor. The other team has variety, but they're all so poorly designed. Blood Hunter looks more like a deformed fetus than anything you need to be afraid of. :roll: Half the beast units have the same monkey walking animation. It suits Thunderbringer (One of the units they did well) but looks retarded on Nighthound or Madman. The voices mostly make things worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom