Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apparently a standalone Dota is in beta

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Until beta ends and everyone gets new accounts.

Damned Registrations

Playing legion only seems to help. I noticed this was true in DotA too, the first team generally has about a 75% win rate overall. Most likely due to hosts stacking the teams/bringing friends.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
That's why I host my own games and autobalance. Still, three games in a row got leaver... in my team. Won twice though.

Hory

Erudite
Mass-appealing online games really decline my opinion of humanity. It's like you're a witness in a time-accelerated showcase of personalities in which all social inhibitions are erased as you are presented with case after case of lunatics and retards but which represent the average guy. You have the skilled players which are scum stackers, with no regard to balance, fair-play or the game experience but only a desire to win by any means necessary. You have the wussies which go AFK pool if they're offended or anything "bad" happens to them, of which I wonder how they manage to go on through life if they can't stand criticism on the Internet. You have the oblivious noobs and feeders who are so clueless that, for whatever reason, they consider themselves pros and better than you even if not only everyone considers them bad, subjectively, but even if there are statistics which objectively demonstrate their ineptitude. You have clan members defending clan members for no other reason than that they're clan members, regardless of who's right or wrong. You have people who leave your game because a buddy of their came online and they want to play with him. These humans are pieces of shit and don't blame the age for it. I was their age, I played multiplayer games and, thank god, I was never such a dumbfuck.

I'm not complaining, tho. I've become adept at selecting good players with complex, multi-faceted sociological stat-checking procedures.

Avu

Liturgist
And then you realize the entire world is populated by those type of people only worse.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I'm so tired of losing because of being outpicked. I'm tired of not getting gold because they decided assists shouldn't give gold like they do in DotA.

I wish I didn't get teammates who pick absolutely shitty heroes nonstop. STOP PICKING SCOUT/RIKI FIRST HE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

Last game I played was against Soulstealer, Tempest, Hammerstorm, Jereziah, Madman. How did they get all those great heroes? Because I was last pick on my team and those retards picked crappy heroes.

Damned Registrations

Last game I was in was really stupid. I lasted 85 minutes and we barely won. I was playing slither, and after the initial laning phase (in which I shut down the moron that decided to solo scout mid) axe and omni spent the entire game farming. Every fucking second. By the end Omni had a Linkens, Heart, Hyperstone, Buriza, Phase Boots and something else. Lego was similiarly geared. The rest of us had fuck all. I had the same items at level 16 as I had at level 7 because they kept insisting I initiate, but without having repel cast on me, or being healed afterwards. I'd jsut go in, poison their whole fucking team, die, then they'd kill 1 or 2 of them before running back to farm some more. We almost ended up losing because the game was taking so long and they had thunderbringer to dish out the % damage against the two tanks, as well as a few carry heroes. I checked the stats at the end of the game and despite only being in maybe 1/3 of the team fights and spending most of the time during the ones I did assist in dead, I'd done more damage to heroes than anyone else. With basically no gear and being 7 levels below them. And not bothering to play for the last 20 minutes, since the entire team was so buff by that point they'd just ignore my ult. And I'd still outdamaged both the farming whores.

That's a stat that should get recorded I think, average % of team's damage dealt during game. Then you could spot all the pussy invis heroe players by their 3-5%. Thunderbringer is usually the only one to get abnormally high scores in that area.

Padre

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
I'm so tired of losing because of being outpicked. I'm tired of not getting gold because they decided assists shouldn't give gold like they do in DotA

Yeah, just played a few games as an Electrician. He's loads of fun but can't kill anybody really. I ended up with 3/3/24 ratio and no real money because of this.

Avu

Liturgist
You know you have teammates for retards when the picks go electrician, glacius, pyromancer, blacksmith and then pollywog why? Because some retards need to smoke yet they can't do it indoors. Also the electrician was so shit brained he never purged jereziahs repel. Btw krobelus + jereziah = gg

Tails

Arbiter
I got about two invitations left so if someone interested send me pm with e-mail.

About the game: It's rather ok, reminds me times when I played Dota a bit. S2 was very cheeky by doing this game, it could be really called a "W3 Dota mode ripoff" though I find music, voice acting and few other things not good done. But UI is pretty good and probably this will be one of reasons that people stay play this instead of Dota. Still, it gets pretty fast boring and repeatable, plus the community is a serious joke and made me to avoid this game. Amazing is that some "pr0" guy says to other team mates (in noob game!): you all noobs go learn somewhere else, don't waste my time" or after 5 mins of playing try to concede. So sad.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
it could be really called a "W3 Dota mode ripoff"
It isn't a ripoff, IceFrog approved creating of this game. Even when you register there's long paragraph about how S2 loves DOTA and wants to have its babies.

Also I tried W3 Dota again and still the fact it's W3 holds me back. That game just doesn't work for me, only completed campaigns which were ok.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I still play DotA mostly because I can play with friends. Not having retarded teammates is my paramount concern. They all have HoN but don't like it (I suspect just because it's new) so we don't play it much.

DefJam101

Arcane
Wait a second. Whoa, this game is in the same fictional universe as Savage?

I thought this was Warhammer faggotry... (I didn't read the thread at all. Sorry.)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah they decided to move it to Savage universe. Which is alright I guess, as long as they don't let it limit them. Like, Bloodseeker from DotA was given the model for the Beast bat people thing, Axe from DotA was given the Legionnaire model, Earthshaker is a Behemoth, stuff like that. Though Legionnaire isn't that bad the original Bloodseeker model was waaay cooler than the new bat one, and double true for the new Enigma, as I posted the pics earlier in the thread. They took him from this void elemental sort of of thing and made him the balloon genies (beast ranged siege unit I think) from Savage 2 (which, incidentally, looks almost exacly like the Alim genie hero unit from Rise of Legends)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
4 Replays Zipped:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=173d ... f6e8ebb871

LOL.
It's -em on Bnet, since that's why my friends and I play. We played 4 games in a row against the absolute worst teams I've seen on Bnet in a LONG time.
Version 1.24 map 6.61c

If you watch any of them watch Worst Players Ever and watch the top lane. It lasts only about 14 minutes (until we just start chain raping them at fountain) and features one of the most hilarious fail ganks I've ever seen.

Also, Total Failure features a really amazing PotM arrow on phantom lancer.

I'm Manstructiclops, obviously.

I know it's -em, but like I said they're still worth watching just for the lulz and they're all very short. Also, something to note, I am playing with a ~3 second delay. So, I'm basically handicapped in a very bad way. But still this is what happens.

Tails

Arbiter
Hoaxmetal said:
It isn't a ripoff, IceFrog approved creating of this game. Even when you register there's long paragraph about how S2 loves DOTA and wants to have its babies.
Few words that change many things. About that paragraph: I took a look at it after creating account.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Tails said:
Hoaxmetal said:
Few words that change many things. About that paragraph: I took a look at it after creating account.

My bad.

dota is for faggots

And faggot spin-off is fine, eh? :P

Inziladun

Magister
Ok, Arachna is just ridiculous.

If you got someone with half a brain playing him, and he camps mid-lane, it just becomes unstoppable mid-game. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here because i'm new to the game, but for pub games he just seems ridiculously OP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom