Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apparently a standalone Dota is in beta

Avu

Liturgist
You take that back! The trolls were the best thing in DOTA. Trolls rule. Other than that true.

edit: If that valkiries javelines are too good to be true if the enemy finds you in the forest the moment you set foot in it, if you get hookstunned by pharaoh across the map, if you placed sentry wards at the runes and there are no wards there and yet the enemy moves like a homing missile to the runespot the moment it spawns if all your forest warded ganks find only empty air then wonder no more it's the map hack the other team uses.

If you feel in a righteous mood please report ninjatime as a maphack creator and http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewforum.p ... =0&start=0 as a map hacking forum. Sure I am probably naive posting the link here but hey if you use it to get the map hack a pox on you retarded folk.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Trolls had cool models but jesus, Caribbeans? Why would they do that.

Yeah a lot of the Newerth based models are pretty uninteresting. Legionnaire doesn't have a beard. How can they be fans of DotA and not give Axe a beard, I ask you? QED.

Pharoah over Clockwerk was a huge improvement, Soulstealer and Shadow Fiend on are par with each other, but a lot of their other models are....not very good. Bloodseeker was a dude with wolverine claws wearing a bearskin, now he's just a bat.

I really do miss the old Slardar model. Everyone on the HoN forums seems to like it but I think it's kind of ugly, and not in a good way (like your mom ROFL XD XD XD). Slardar was one of the coolest models in the game. Gondar was, too, even though I kind of hated that hero he was really cool lookin. Gondar was ugly in the good way. I even liked his dual wielding, and that's pretty amazing. Normally dual wielding is autofail
Gondar__the_Bounty_Hunter_by_McGibs.jpg

Now he's just a guy in a generic assassin cape.

On the other hand Lina Inverse is now a Bright Wizard from Warhammer, and I like Warhammer.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I understand he's from Savage 2. He looks just like the Alim hero from Rise of Legends. I don't like him that much either. They also nerfed him for some reason.

Inziladun

Magister
I like this game but the community is starting to wear me down.

I was just in a game, where this guy kept blaming me of "stealing his kills".

We would both engage another hero, I would slow him and he would then attempt to run away, we both pummeled him, but by luck mostly I ended up getting the Killing Blow. Immediately he blames me for stealing it. Now repeat this 5 more times and he starts to flip his shit.

Like seriously, get over yourself. It's not like I pop out of the bushes and blow my load on a hero with 1/4 health, I just happen to be a ranged unit and you're melee and I get the KB on a hero we've both been engaged in the whole fight.

I proceeded to tell him he was a fucktard and that he should slit his wrists, he just responded that him and a select few of his friends were pros, and that I didn't know how to play my class and I was a loser and noone liked me and I was stealing all his kills so I could pad my stats.

First time as Hellbringer and I get 18-2, but all of the kills were stolen from him, of course.

Go fuck yourself fucker.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Like I said earlier the community is mostly retarded. It is hard to deal with sometimes. Being condescended at by a riki who went vlad's first who is assuring me the only reason he is 0-8 is because we all suck is kind of funny.

do you guys have any tips for leveling? sometimes I end up 3 or 4 levels behind everyone else, and I'm not really sure why; I farm my lane, always one of the sides because im not good enough to solo usually, get a couple neutrals, then run around with my team for a bit ganking. if im already kind of behind i try to farm by myself, but it seems like its never enough and then i just start feeding the opponents because im underleveled. i would say early to early-mid game i do fine (more kills than deaths, a couple assists, inline with everyone else level wise or maybe a little ahead even), maybe even good, but after that my game goes down the shitter. any hints or tips?

Inziladun

Magister
When it comes to leveling, early game is everything if you get a bad start, you'll have trouble catching up. Keep the time you're away from the action to a bare minimum. That's what runes and potions are for. Make sure you're in your lane until you need to go back to buy.

Also make sure you're in the somewhat small area of exp gain around the creeps. This is particularly a problem for ranged heroes. If you find yourself constantly getting harrased ask your team to switch, or just do what I do and switch without saying anything, because usually by level 7 in pub games any lane is free game because half your team is wandering around doing god knows what. Even in a bad game, i'm usually above the level curve on my team. Sometimes though, you'll just have a game where you won't be able to catch up with the opponent in levels or items, this happens.

Also, when you're running between lanes, don't hesitate to kill a few jungle creeps on the way if you're not in a particular hurry. Just constantly be killing things and staying in the action.

Also, ganking is a good way to get xp/gold all while denying xp/gold from the enemy. If your team is kicking ass, roam around with them and kill some mother fuckers.

Avu

Liturgist
There are a lot of these seemingly little inconsistencies in the game right now. It does seem they patch things into balance eventually but eventually may take a loooong time. Peebles is still bugged as fuck.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Does anyone still have beta invites for this? I've been reading interesting stuff about the game and I'd like to give it a try.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
do you guys have any tips for leveling? sometimes I end up 3 or 4 levels behind everyone else
Are you dying a lot? Basically the only reason you should end up underlevelled is from dying. Or possibly going to the fountain every 10 seconds. I generally don't make my first trip back to the fountain until I have like 1.5k+ in gold, or if I'm forced to (red HP, no more regen items). You wanna stay either creeping or ganking as much as possible.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Just played a game. It was 2v5 and we won. It was pretty funny how outplayed they were, and I'm not really even that good at DotA. I was sitting there with a level 25 soulstealer with bkb, butterfly, travels, heart, manta style, and a 32-11 score and they were all at level 18-19.

eh, I seem to be doing a lot better tonight. I think my problem was running around and never really being in the right place at the right time you know? I feel now I at least have an idea when a gank is gonna happen. My PSR is finally improving as well, have had a streak of good luck with decent teams (picking good heroes). Funny, I haven't seen a good scout in about a week either. I'm definitely not good, but I'm getting decent and I'm no longer totally clueless.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, you can basically see who's a good scout and who's a retard by lack/presence of electric eyes. I mean damm, why it's considered to be good player when you simply use all abilities your character have. It's friggin common sense and should be treated like that.

Avu

Liturgist
There are no good scouts electric eye or not. Scout has no team presence at all. I'd rather get tree and I hate tree.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Eyes are actually pretty great for countering invis heroes and finding enemy wards, since you can place them pretty often and anywhere. They usually end up getting used like Weaver's watchers though: Find runes and 2 for avoiding ganks. Which is still helpful, but nowhere close to the skill's potential.

Other than that though he's shit. He can't harass or finish with his ult as well as Sniper can, do as strong dps as Sniper can, or farm as well as Sniper can. And sniper is pretty bad to begin with. All he's good at is kill stealing and not dying.

MapMan

Arcane
So yeah, the game can be pre-ordered now. Ofcourse, when you preorder, you get some fancy ingame things that make your epeen bigger. Altough the game isn't worth 30$. It has some new additions but the game feels and plays exactly like DOTA. From a commercial product I'd expect some major improvements and unique ideas. Also, the graphics are improvement from wc3 but they look like from 2004. The models are low poly and the textures look like shit even with highest settings possible.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I was thinking of buying it but for 30$ there needs to be something more, I even don't know what.

Avu

Liturgist
If they implement the anti map hack and it actually works it will be worth every penny. If it feels and plays like dota then it is fucking good thing. They still need to add a lot of content to the game and finish implementing their promises.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I can't believe someone is saying the game is ugly. It's definitely one of the best looking games I own. It's super smooth and the animations on most heroes are great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom